PDA

View Full Version : Marines to Get New Weapon?

FortTom
5 April 2017, 20:51
I could not get the thread I copied to post here, but I'm sure this will spread quickly. The Marine Corp is trying to issue it's fighters a new weapon, a "Variant of the Sig 416" The reason given was that the new weapon was extremely superior to the M4 platform, was accurate and effective out to 800 meters, and used a rod vs. a gas system.

The down side was that the new weapon would cost nearly $3,000 each, vs. $1000 or less than the basic M4.
It would equate to about $33 million to outfit the entire corp. This is according to a report that I read on MSNBC, but could not copy and paste to this site for some reason.

OPINION: If the weapon makes the Maring as a much more well equipped and "deadly" weapon in our arsenal, what in the hell are we waiting for? Shit, we spend that much every day, just "dealing" with our problem of illegal aliens, and possible "import" of terrorists, every FKN day!

And if $33 Million dollars is a bid deal for equipping our Marines, to be the biggest and most bad ass spear heads in the world is too much, we are in big trouble.

FT[:D]

Slippers
6 April 2017, 02:59
You mean the IAR, which is an HK416 with 16" barrel. They're already using them, but want to go to larger numbers.