PDA

View Full Version : Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

GOST
6 April 2017, 11:37

The Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch is designed with the warfighter in mind and will work with any lower receiver designed to accept a mil-spec M16/M4 Carbine bolt catch. The increased surface area promotes ease of function when locking back the bolt or releasing the bolt after a magazine change. In addition, the extended controls add an increased functionality for left handed shooters who no longer have to break their grip to manipulate the bolt catch. Left handed shooters can easily reach the controls using the index finger of their left hand making magazine changes and locking the bolt back much more fast and efficient. Aggressive checkering covers the surface of the levers giving the Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch a textured surface that enables positive feedback to the shooters hand when being used with gloves or at night. Manufactured from properly heat treated 8620 steel and manganese phosphate coated, the Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch is intended to serve as an enhanced mil-spec replacement and assist in giving our warfighters overmatch capability with the M16/M4 carbine platform.

MSRP $29.00

https://geissele.com/maritime-bolt-catch.html

Joelski
6 April 2017, 12:39
I'm interested. But I'm waaaay more interested in that receiver!

I suppose it's a been done and never again, like Magpul...

GOST
6 April 2017, 13:12
They said the receiver was for display only. I like the looks of the FCD better.

Default.mp3
6 April 2017, 14:35
What makes it "maritime"?

fledge
6 April 2017, 16:07
FCD in every way. Surprised Geissele put this out.

UWone77
6 April 2017, 16:13
I'm interested. But I'm waaaay more interested in that receiver!

I suppose it's a been done and never again, like Magpul...

I thought the San Tan Tactical based ones a few years ago were better looking.

Anyhow, I think there is plenty of room in the bolt catch market... but I never thought I'd see $30 Bolt Catches being the norm anymore than I did $90 Charging Handles. [BD]

Pyzik
11 April 2017, 07:36
I thought the San Tan Tactical based ones a few years ago were better looking.

Anyhow, I think there is plenty of room in the bolt catch market... but I never thought I'd see $30 Bolt Catches being the norm anymore than I did $90 Charging Handles. [BD]

$90 charging handles are still nuts.

I really like the oversized lower "paddle". Having said that, FCD is awesome and I'll stick with them.

SINNER
11 April 2017, 07:56
I have a few SIG AR's that come from the factory with the extended lower paddle on the bolt catch. I like those so much I tried to purchase some from Sig but they would not sell them. One area where I felt FCD could have improved upon.

Pyzik
11 April 2017, 08:21
I have a few SIG AR's that come from the factory with the extended lower paddle on the bolt catch. I like those so much I tried to purchase some from Sig but they would not sell them. One area where I felt FCD could have improved upon.

Had to look it up. I like that the Geissele turns rearward instead of forward.

Duffy
11 April 2017, 10:30
Different designs for different goals. The ABC/R's goal was to create a clear difference between the ambi mag catch's lever and the bolt catch's lower paddle, when they're so close together and almost flush with one another, they feel quite similar, especially with a gloved hand.

It wasn't our objective to make the paddles accessible by the finger while the left hand is grasping the grip, just as it wasn't Geissele's objective to make their bolt catch ambi mag catch more accessible.

I do have preliminary designs to do that, while retaining the ABC/R's original objective, and it might still see the light of day.

Joelski
11 April 2017, 13:50
Roger, That is what I'm calling cross-hatching. I want a ABC with that to match my RA controls. Hell, it's beefy enough I could grind off the serrations and make my own, but I thought there were more than the 20 sets of controls on the battle kittys similar to it. The Seekins catch has diagonal cross-hatching, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the gun.

Alas, I understand your point about feeling different, but chances are if they don't know the controls, they need to get their damn hands off my rifle!

Edit: plus, the controls really aren't as close as Sinner's Sig. Pardon my dust!

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/RA-Recce/20161119_134557.jpg~original

Duffy
11 April 2017, 15:15
20LPI will be made, after 308 ABC/Rs :D

Joelski
11 April 2017, 15:19
I can wait that out.

UWone77
11 April 2017, 15:22
I still like how FCD is Billet vs The Geissele one that is MIM.

Will still use both though.

Duffy
11 April 2017, 18:22
Ours is quite a bit more expensive as a result too [BD] I don't like to be thought of as a boutique company, the high cost of our product is often due to expensive manufacturing methods and small batches, which allow us to make improvements and changes quickly.

I never saw the need to extend the paddles further when ABC/R was designed when the idea was hatched while I was still at BAD, and I still don't. But if there's demand, we can make an extended reach version of the ABC/R, the design is already done, we've been busy with other projects so it wasn't a priority.

Tyrannosaur
11 April 2017, 19:26
Still waiting cash in hand for that 308 abc/r...

UWone77
24 May 2017, 05:28

UWone77
9 June 2017, 10:06