PDA

View Full Version : Semi- budget build

Das Jared
8 April 2017, 13:36
So, putting another custom build up for y'all to check out. Planned/ assembled by me. good baseline that can be upgraded over time. I focused most of the budget in the barrel and bcg. Rifle as follows-
Aero receivers
ALG buffer tube/ castle nut
H2 buffer
Spike's enhanced LPK
Magpul stock
Troy Alpha battle rail
Ballistic Advantage 416r stainless barrel in 223 with BA gas block
PWS enhanced BCG
Strike Industries CH
ALG single chamber brake
Primary Arms 5x ACSS scope

This will eventually get a Geissele trigger, a proper optic, and some backups. Single crappy cell pic. Expecting great groups out of this stick.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170408/dbfa4e11621a9bef26740dbe38bef4b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

UWone77
8 April 2017, 13:58
Not bad for a budget build.

Never was a fan of the Troy Rails. Had a few back in the day, including their quad rails. Machining is just not up to par with the rest of the competition. But that looks like a functional budget gun. How's the 5x ACSS?

Aragorn
8 April 2017, 14:09
.223 chamber??

I personally like the Troy Alphas. They're still my favorite feeling forend once you add squid grip. They do kinda suck for modularity though compared to... pretty much everything else, which is why none of my AR's are wearing one.

Not a bad build you got going on.

Das Jared
8 April 2017, 14:11
Not bad for a budget build.

Never was a fan of the Troy Rails. Had a few back in the day, including their quad rails. Machining is just not up to par with the rest of the competition. But that looks like a functional budget gun. How's the 5x ACSS?
About like any other Primary Arms optic, nothing good and nothing bad to say about it, but rather, "meh"

FortTom
8 April 2017, 16:09
Sometimes MO' money just equals MO' pretty...[:D] If it slings projectiles at a high rate of speed to their intended point of impact, your buddy might be satisfied with that weapon for years to come..

FT[:D]

UWone77
9 April 2017, 05:22
About like any other Primary Arms optic, nothing good and nothing bad to say about it, but rather, "meh"

Meh seems to sum up PA optics nicely, especially in the fixed magnification flavor.

I think you did a good job of sourcing a good barrel/BCG for the money. Should be a solid shooter.

Former11B
9 April 2017, 19:24
.223 chamber??

I personally like the Troy Alphas. They're still my favorite feeling forend once you add squid grip. They do kinda suck for modularity though compared to... pretty much everything else, which is why none of my AR's are wearing one.

Not a bad build you got going on.

I'm guessing 223 Wylde, not Remington

BoilerUp
9 April 2017, 21:53
I'm guessing 223 Wylde, not Remington

As far as I know, all the Ballistic Advantage 416R stainless barrels in .223/5.56 are chambered in .223 Wylde

Das Jared
10 April 2017, 11:18
Oops, 223 wylde.

Das Jared
10 April 2017, 11:20
Meh seems to sum up PA optics nicely, especially in the fixed magnification flavor.

I think you did a good job of sourcing a good barrel/BCG for the money. Should be a solid shooter.
Well thank you, kind sir. I didn't even ruin the gas block on this build! Snicker