PDA

View Full Version : DIY FRONT PIVOT PIN TOOL

Cotton68spc
8 April 2017, 16:42
Didn't know where to put this of if you all would even care but here is what I came up with

https://youtu.be/FPEjTLvx74o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FortTom
8 April 2017, 17:26
Good idea! I took the easy way out and bought a clevis pin with the holes from Florence Hardware. Had this typed before you mentioned that...[:D]

KW900A
8 April 2017, 17:44
That's brilliant. That's similar to what I do to change out lifters in small cummins engines, but that's a different story. Knowing that, as soon as your video started I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that?

Cotton68spc
9 April 2017, 03:54
Good idea! I took the easy way out and bought a clevis pin with the holes from Florence Hardware. Had this typed before you mentioned that...[:D]

Lol thanks

Cotton68spc
9 April 2017, 04:00
That's brilliant. That's similar to what I do to change out lifters in small cummins engines, but that's a different story. Knowing that, as soon as your video started I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that?

I place I worked an old maintenance man carried one around in his bag he would use it was much bigger than this but when I seen the dow at the hardware store I had same thought

Joelski
9 April 2017, 04:45
Great idea!

Cotton68spc
9 April 2017, 11:10
Great idea!

Thanks

Stickman
11 April 2017, 03:55
I used to have a similar tool. Haven't used it since the magnets from Battle Arms were included in their BAD-ASS kits.

BoilerUp
11 April 2017, 06:17
I splurged and bought the Squirrel Daddy tool (https://www.squirreldaddy.com/Detent-pin-and-spring-installation-tool-for-223-p/sd20-180.htm) for $7

UWone77
11 April 2017, 13:17
A buddy of mine made me a tool like that a few years ago out of aluminum. Only difference is, one is end bent 90 degrees so it's easy to flip.

Like Stick said though, haven't used mine since Battle Arms included magnets. I'll try to dig that tool up later.

Cotton68spc
12 April 2017, 13:18
I used to have a similar tool. Haven't used it since the magnets from Battle Arms were included in their BAD-ASS kits.

A buddy of mine made me a tool like that a few years ago out of aluminum. Only difference is, one is end bent 90 degrees so it's easy to flip.

Like Stick said though, haven't used mine since Battle Arms included magnets. I'll try to dig that tool up later.

I have the magnet but I guess I need more practice can't get it to work with mil spec pins

Cotton68spc
12 April 2017, 13:19
I splurged and bought the Squirrel Daddy tool (https://www.squirreldaddy.com/Detent-pin-and-spring-installation-tool-for-223-p/sd20-180.htm) for $7

Guess I needed to do more research when I was looking all I could find was 30 dollar tools

UWone77
13 April 2017, 13:11
I have the magnet but I guess I need more practice can't get it to work with mil spec pins

Can be done, but you're right they are a little trickier with milspec pins.

Dude... who uses milspec pins anyway? [:D] I think I use Battle Arms pins for virtually every build now. Unless I'm trying to cut a few corners on a more budget one.