PDA

View Full Version : Favorite ACOG mount

cjd3
12 April 2017, 22:00
A while ago, I scored a TA33. I really like the optic, but the already full size mount is quite bulky. I don't necessarily need a QD, just want to keep the scope height as is.

BoilerUp
12 April 2017, 22:06
I don't have an ACOG, but when I do I get one I can't imagine mounting it with anything other than a Bobro.

DekNgo
13 April 2017, 04:19
I think SLR has one of the best looking TA33 mounts on the market - simple, clean, and affordable.

They make two versions because apparently Trijicon changed the base length at some point.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102&product_id=803

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102&product_id=827

DeviantLogic
13 April 2017, 04:28
I've only got one (TA31), but it sits in a Larue QD mount I bought about 7 years ago. If I got another TA31, I'd stick with Larue - mostly because I have no complaints with my current one and I like the design of two locking levers on the longer acog mounts. With a TA33 though, I'd probably lean towards Bobro, but also be looking at ADM and Larue.

SINNER
13 April 2017, 04:57
Bobro hands down. Own or owned just about every ACOG mount made. Currently have 2 LaRue's and 2 Bobro's on my ACOGs. I'm 99% sure I have a few LaRue's I've replaced laying around. I'll look tonight if your interested.

BoilerUp
13 April 2017, 06:38
Well, as much of a Bobro fan as I am, that SLR is hard to beat for the price if you don't care about QD. I've given SLR a few hundred bucks over the years and I've been impressed with everything I've gotten from them.

UWone77
13 April 2017, 13:18
I like Mounts that don't damage your rail, so Bobro or MI are on top of my list.

JoshAston
14 April 2017, 06:51
Keep in mind that the TA33 needs to be mounted higher to be most effective. I'm kind of partial to the SLR mount, maybe because I was the one that got the ball rolling on it. [BD] ADM has a new mount coming out specifically for the TA33 and TA44. I played a small part in testing that one out as well. And the Bobro compact high mount is the Cadillac of TA33 mounts.

cjd3
14 April 2017, 07:59
All great input. Thanks guys. I really like that SLR mount, but with UWone77s comment, does anyone have experience on clamping it on the rail? I'm a fan the BoBro, but I like the smaller MI QD footprint.

JoshAston
14 April 2017, 08:20
The SLR isn't going to mar your rail, fixed mounts don't tend to do that. Certain QD mounts do.

DekNgo
14 April 2017, 08:21
All great input. Thanks guys. I really like that SLR mount, but with UWone77s comment, does anyone have experience on clamping it on the rail? I'm a fan the BoBro, but I like the smaller MI QD footprint.

I'm pretty sure UWone77s comment was in reference to other QD mounts like ADM or LaRue.

SINNER
14 April 2017, 11:07
ADM mounts cause no damage. LaRue on the other hand does.

UWone77
14 April 2017, 12:33
I'm pretty sure UWone77s comment was in reference to other QD mounts like ADM or LaRue.

Just one of the two. [:D]

tact
14 April 2017, 14:47
Agree on the one as well.....I'm actually always surprised how many people swear by them.