PDA

View Full Version : Is POF Shipping Their .300 Win. Mag. Models

billt
16 April 2017, 05:08
https://pof-usa.com/p300/

I can't find anyone who has them in stock. They were at the SHOT Show with them last year. I'm starting to wonder if they're having issues with them?

Stone
16 April 2017, 15:59
An email or phone call to POF will probably answer that question.

billt
16 April 2017, 16:24
I sent them an E-Mail. Still waiting for a reply.

UWone77
16 April 2017, 17:19
Much like the Falkor Petra 300WM, probably vapor ware.

I didn't even know POF was still around. Seems like their brand has died off significantly since the late 2000's, when I was running Gen II and III POF lowers.

billt
17 April 2017, 05:48

I didn't even know POF was still around. Seems like their brand has died off significantly since the late 2000's, when I was running Gen II and III POF lowers.

I believe that rifle, (Falkor Petra 300WM), is in the $5+K range. Again, I've never seen one for sale, or handled one. The NEMO OMEN in .300 Win. Mag. was around for a while. But again, I don't see or hear about them. The POF P-300 sells for around $3,500.00 give or take. I've had a love affair with the .300 Win. Mag. going all the way back to 1972. And I currently own and shoot 4 of them, (all bolt actions). I would like to add a nice autoloader without breaking the bank. If this POF sounds like a no go, I'll probably invest in a Browning Safari BAR with the B.O.S.S. System. That gun has been around for decades, and has a very good reputation. Plus it has an all steel receiver.

Slippers
17 April 2017, 06:11
300 WM, autoloader, and inexpensive don't really go hand-in-hand. :)

Most of the super large frame ARs don't run well, and cost too much, which is why they aren't widely seen or even available.

SINNER
17 April 2017, 06:12

Not in a large amount but the Petra's are around. 4-5 on Gunbroker right now. I am continually fighting the urge to pick one up.

billt
17 April 2017, 06:49
300 WM, autoloader, and inexpensive don't really go hand-in-hand. :)

Most of the super large frame ARs don't run well, and cost too much, which is why they aren't widely seen or even available.

I have a DPMS AP-4 .308 Carbine that runs like a Rolex... And always has. The POF P-300 is said to be not much larger than the typical .308 AR. They have a 9 position adjustable gas system that supposedly allows you to tune the gun to whatever load and powder you are using. They also have grooves cut into the neck of the chamber to aid in case extraction. I don't know why this gun isn't available. Hopefully it isn't because of operational issues. I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

Another thing is since the election the firearms and ammunition industry is in a lull. People are spent out from living with a brick on the panic button for the last 8 years. With Trump in, the gun industry is showing poor sales in general. This can be seen from all but endless, daily sales on guns, magazines, and ammunition from most all of the major distributors like Brownell's and Midway. Not a lot of people have $4K to drop on a rifle.... Especially now.

billt
17 April 2017, 08:37
OK, I just got an E-Mail from POF. I doubt they could have responded much faster, or more honestly. This is a direct cut & paste of their reply:

"Hello William,

Thank you for your interest in POF-USA! We decided at the last minute to delay the launch of the P300, as there was an intermittent issue concerning barrel pressures and reliability of the action after firing several magazines through in stress testing. It only appeared with very high heat and high pressure ammunition choices, and after firing several magazines worth of ammunition in sequence without a cooling break.

Most companies would have been satisfied a long time ago, but Frank wont let the rifle out the door until its as close to perfect as we can make it. We are testing new tweaks almost every week as we come up with and test ideas, and will hopefully have it buttoned down soon, as this is the undefeated last issue to crop up in a now thoroughly tested weapons system.

Please let me know how I can assist you moving forward."

tact
17 April 2017, 17:37
Funniest part.."....but Frank won't let the rifle out the door until it's as close to perfect as we can make it."

billt
18 April 2017, 05:16
Funniest part.."....but Frank won't let the rifle out the door until it's as close to perfect as we can make it."

Why is that "funny"? The fact is they could be shipping and selling these guns as we speak. Few people who buy them are going to be putting enough downrange with one to induce the failures they're creating, by deliberately overheating them with high performance ammunition. Instead they are trying to make the rifle correctly the first time. If more gun manufacturers did this, instead of rushing new guns into the market, we wouldn't be having all of the recalls and problems we currently see.

tact
18 April 2017, 13:40
I think POF quality speaks for itself as well as their CS......so the statement is extremely funny to me.

UWone77
18 April 2017, 14:00
I think POF quality speaks for itself as well as their CS......so the statement is extremely funny to me.

They just confirmed for TRIGGRCON. I'll have to check out the quality or lack there of. Haven't played with any of their stuff in 5+ years.

Joelski
18 April 2017, 16:21
Hildebeast gave 2016 an unusual bump. Otherwise, gun sales are doing well and certainly not in a slump, as fake news outlets would have the public believe.