PDA

View Full Version : P320 Project

Big_Tom
21 April 2017, 12:22
this will be my main carry pistol in near future.

Right now its just a bone stock pistol.

List of things to do
-Light - Looking at TLR-1 or Inforce APL
-Night Sights - Looking at Trijicon HD or XS Sights
-Stipple Grip - Possibly doing it myself. Perks of the P320 is I screw up new grip $45. So any suggestions and tips are appreciated.
-Trigger - Apex Flat Trigger

Any other suggestions for parts especially on sights would be helpful.

usbp379
22 April 2017, 06:54
Trijicon has a new version of their HD sight with a narrower front sight post. I have a set of these on a 320 full size and like them so far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cotton68spc
22 April 2017, 11:35
I have the standard xs sights and love them I also polished trigger bar and went with the apex flat trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sak007
22 April 2017, 21:41
I'd look into Sig's X-ray sights that come on the Legions .Here are the 2 sku's for the sets that fit the 938/320 SGSOX10001 SGSOX10002

Aragorn
23 April 2017, 13:32
I'd look into Sig's X-ray sights that come on the Legions .Here are the 2 sku's for the sets that fit the 938/320 SGSOX10001 SGSOX10002

This. The sights on my Legion are out-freaking-standing. Indoor, outdoor, day, night... Yes.

gatordev
23 April 2017, 14:23
This. The sights on my Legion are out-freaking-standing. Indoor, outdoor, day, night... Yes.

How are they on targets that match their background? Like shot up steel on a dirt (here it's sand and top soil which is gray like the target) back stop? Lately I've been finding my Trijicon HDs really start to disappear on me in this situation, no doubt due to age (of user) as much as "washout." Admittedly this is on my G17, but still, same idea compared to the stock Sig Night Sights on my Sig guns.

Sak007
23 April 2017, 16:36
How are they on targets that match their background? Like shot up steel on a dirt (here it's sand and top soil which is gray like the target) back stop? Lately I've been finding my Trijicon HDs really start to disappear on me in this situation, no doubt due to age (of user) as much as "washout." Admittedly this is on my G17, but still, same idea compared to the stock Sig Night Sights on my Sig guns.I'll see if the boss will let me take a Legion tomorrow for testing & evaluation [:D]

Aragorn
23 April 2017, 16:40
How are they on targets that match their background? Like shot up steel on a dirt (here it's sand and top soil which is gray like the target) back stop? Lately I've been finding my Trijicon HDs really start to disappear on me in this situation, no doubt due to age (of user) as much as "washout." Admittedly this is on my G17, but still, same idea compared to the stock Sig Night Sights on my Sig guns.

Can't really say I've noticed anything negative. The front sight seriously "pops" and is hard to miss. Most, and I do mean most, of my shooting is done on IPSC targets with dirt/grass backgrounds on an action range. Occasionally some steel plates. Less frequent are paper targets at an indoor range. I've never had the sights disappear or fade on me. On really bright afternoons you'd almost think the front sight was fiber optic. When it's dim above and behind me and bright in the target area, the dots pretty much disappear and leave me with a crisp black sight picture, and the rear notch leaves you plenty of light on either side of the FS to work with.

Now, in twilight conditions on shot up sub-8" plates, against dirt backgrounds, and at ranges 30+ yards I've had the targets try and fade into the dirt while maintaining a sharp FS focus, but that's the target and not the sight. At night or in the dark the tritium is like "POW" and is noticeably brighter than both the Warrens I put on an M&P as well as the Trijicons on a buddies 1911 (don't remember which Trijicons though). However, to be fair the sights on the M&P are about 5-6 years old and the ones on the 1911 are probably pushing 8, so I may just be conditioned to faded tritium.

The only complaint I can come up with is that all 3 tritium vials are green, while I prefer to have the dimmer yellow vials in the rear. Really though, that's just my user preference.

I have no intention of changing these sights until they fade, and then the reckoning is I'll replace them with a new set of the same.

Big_Tom
23 April 2017, 20:07
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll have to give the X-ray sights a gander.

Deadwing
26 April 2017, 03:14
As much as i like the X-Ray sights on my P229 Legion, i like Trijicon HDs better. Specifically Trijicon HDs with the orange front sight. I found the yellow washed out too easily. I don't have a problem with the front sight washing out on the X-Rays, but i definitely like the rear u-notch in the Trijicons better than the Sigs. That said, i'm not going to replace the x-ray sights on my Legion anytime soon.

UWone77
27 April 2017, 03:22
If I were to go with a P320, I would have the BattleCock/Axlnut package done.

Battle Cock
27 April 2017, 08:56
If I were to go with a P320, I would have the BattleCock/Axlnut package done.

Josh.S has some excellent photos floating around here somewhere. I stole these from one of his FB posts.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170427/d40a330e1c7a47880cda4b466877073d.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170427/ba6f1169bafda08689555c47cf5861fd.jpg

usbp379
27 April 2017, 13:04
I had Ben at Boresight Solutions texture a frame per his Duty Package. It turned out well. The package includes a minor reshaping of some areas but the best improvement is from the more aggressive texturing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

UWone77
28 April 2017, 12:24
Josh.S has some excellent photos floating around here somewhere. I stole these from one of his FB posts.

That's it. This is exactly what I'd want to do on a P320. Wasn't really even interested in getting one until I saw this gun!