PDA

View Full Version : Played with an XDe pistol

Former11B
28 April 2017, 10:15
I handled one

http://i.imgur.com/PY56xhU.jpg

It comes with a hammer! (Special edition)

http://i.imgur.com/HgneKOx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O3K2lL7.jpg

The trigger is TOTALLY different than my other XDs which I tried to compare it to but it's not even remotely similar. The trigger itself feels good; wide and smooth and the single action pull was smooth but the travel was longer than I expected. Double what I thought it would be. Pull weight felt high 5/low 6lbs.

It has a decocker integrated with the thumb safety

The slide/recoil spring was much easier to pull to the rear/lock than my other two

It pointed easily and felt good in my hand but looks like a retarded Hi Point / Sig baby

UWone77
28 April 2017, 12:26
That's my thoughts as well, looking at your photos. It looks like a Hi Point.

Seems like Springfield still has a ways to go. Then again it might be a sweet shooter, despite the looks.

gatordev
28 April 2017, 14:59
Seems like Springfield still has a ways to go. Then again it might be a sweet shooter, despite the looks.

Blah, blah, blah. But if you want to buy my wife's XD9, let me know!

UWone77
28 April 2017, 16:09
Blah, blah, blah. But if you want to buy my wife's XD9, let me know!

I was gonna try to unload my XD9 Compact off on you. [:D]

Eric
28 April 2017, 18:01
I see the Springfield Armory armorer kit includes a claw hammer. Nice. [BD]

mustangfreek
28 April 2017, 18:03
Last few years springfields pistols have become meh to me...
I've tried a few xds,FS 9 & 45 models
The triggers, bulky ness , ergos just don't do, some of there 1911 offerings look better..

cjd3
28 April 2017, 18:10
it looks pretty ambi, and that's a plus for me. I really like my XDm, but I also really like hammer fired pistols like the FNX, but is too big for my liking. If they make a full size, I'd be more interested.

RiverRat
29 April 2017, 10:50
I guess I'm in the minority on Springfield. Several years ago I bought a 4.5" XD(m) and liked it enough to get a 3.8" compact XD(m). I find them to handle somewhat differently, but like both better than any other out-of-the-box polymer pistol. The 4.5" is even better after a bit of fidgeting.

The 5" 1911 Loaded I have is also rock solid - though I might choose something without a Parkerized finish if purchasing now.

But all three get reasonable use and I have no cause to complain.

voodoo_man
29 April 2017, 11:10
Do you get the hammer with it to smash your face after you realize you bought an xd.

cjd3
29 April 2017, 12:11
Do you get the hammer with it to smash your face after you realize you bought an xd.
I'd almost buy right away If it came with the hammer and tool box.

UWone77
29 April 2017, 12:50
I guess I'm in the minority on Springfield. Several years ago I bought a 4.5" XD(m) and liked it enough to get a 3.8" compact XD(m). I find them to handle somewhat differently, but like both better than any other out-of-the-box polymer pistol. The 4.5" is even better after a bit of fidgeting.

The 5" 1911 Loaded I have is also rock solid - though I might choose something without a Parkerized finish if purchasing now.

But all three get reasonable use and I have no cause to complain.

I think their 1911's are on a completely different level.

The Range officer IMHO is one of the best entry level 1911's on the market. The TRP is always on my buy list.

voodoo_man
29 April 2017, 13:18
This is a pretty good example of gun Industry derp.

Some company dangles a carrot and everyone goes off the rails. Like this isn't an XD with a horrible track record, and that there aren't better​, more vetted options out there. (43...)

By the way, before anyone wants to rebuke, everyone went apeshit over the M&P then it came out that there serious accuracy issues.

Joelski
29 April 2017, 17:06
Springfield hired Discovery Channel's marketing team. If the Saint doesnt make that obvious, go back to sleep.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

inthegame
29 April 2017, 21:37
Waiting to get my hands on an emp contour carry in 9mm. That's the ticket

UWone77
30 April 2017, 20:50
Anyone getting a Springfield now... after their shenanigans? [BD]

Axlnut
30 April 2017, 21:29
I've still yet to see an XD ACTUALLY exhibit any of this terrible behavior they are accused of, although I have seen them run with broken parts - I should put a fire retardant suit on, but..

I've only seen them be built better and shoot nicer than their polymer peers...

fledge
30 April 2017, 21:32

Not only not buying one but I have a barely used green XDM to sell.

Axlnut
30 April 2017, 21:41
Not only not buying one but I have a barely used green XDM to sell.

Yeah.. This is a whole other can of worms. I tend to defend XD's, but I can't defend SA on this BS...

Can we just import them as HS's and drop the price back a few hundred?

cjd3
30 April 2017, 21:54
I really depends. I really really like my XDm, so much I replaced it with an XDm with a threaded barrel for my eventual possession of a can(October?) I would have kept both but, money. And prior to the XDe, I was in the market for a 9mm XDm. I've never had a problem with the XDm, but I never owned an XD either. Anyhow, since they caved to keep their business afloat, they may have screwed the already screwed state of Illinois if this bill passes. I'm sure they could have stood up for themselves, and the rest of the firearms business in the state and threatened to leave the state ala Magpul. But now that time has passed. Both SA and Rock River are stones throw from Iowa, and still close to Wisconsin. And both states carried Trump, so I'd assume they'd love to have them.