PDA

View Full Version : Springfield armory and RRA in the news

inthegame
30 April 2017, 06:50
Springfield armory and RRA in the news

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-trade-opposition-to-illinois-ffl-licensing-scheme-for-carve-out/

Not a good look. Since there are many industry insiders here. What's the thought from that side. As a general public client, I just don't see why they did it. Is not a good look.

Apologies if this had been posted already, I couldn't find it from my phone

din
30 April 2017, 14:50
Wow, that's wicked lame.

BoilerUp
30 April 2017, 15:54
If I'm understanding this correctly, neither company will receive another nickel of mine.

Springfield is generating a lot of negative comments on their FB feed at a time when they are trying to introduce a new product.

UWone77
30 April 2017, 16:42
At least LMT decided to move to Iowa instead of staying in IL

http://wqad.com/2017/04/28/milan-based-weapons-manufacturer-prepares-for-move-to-iowa/

VIPER 237
30 April 2017, 17:17
It's disappointing, this reminds me a lot about Ruger and the 94 awb. I like springfields 1911's but I won't buy one anymore, and nothing from rra has ever interested me so no loss there.

Tyrannosaur
30 April 2017, 18:22
F*** them both. This crap shows me they need to lose all business.

fledge
30 April 2017, 18:36
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b556/fledge2000/Misc/E7FDEC9C-8DC9-4788-82EF-B51BB19CD016_zpsqejguuiu.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fledge2000/media/Misc/E7FDEC9C-8DC9-4788-82EF-B51BB19CD016_zpsqejguuiu.jpg.html)

BoilerUp
30 April 2017, 20:52
Whoever runs Springfield's FB page is going to have a bad Monday morning when he/she gets into the office....

KW900A
1 May 2017, 05:10
Whoever runs Springfield's FB page is going to have a bad Monday morning when he/she gets into the office....

Looks like ratings and postings have been disabled already. Their last post is getting ripped apart though

UWone77
1 May 2017, 16:15
Springfield Armory Responds:

Springfield Armory has always fought hand-in-hand with the NRA, NSSF, ISRA and many others for legislation that fiercely protects the Second Amendment, individual rights and the industry as a whole. Our fight continues today as some members of the Illinois legislature are pushing to overregulate the industry through Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657).

“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred.

Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for the past 15 years. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
Springfield Armory, Inc.
stefanyr@springfield-armory.com
309-944-8994

Reminds me of low information voters who blindly support/vote for bills they don't actually read entirely.

FortTom
1 May 2017, 16:29
Springfield Armory Responds:

-
Reminds me of low information voters who blindly support/vote for bills they don't actually read entirely.
"you have to PASS the bill, before you can know what's in it" - Nancy Pelosi, acid trip #999.

FT[wow]

KW900A
1 May 2017, 17:16
I just got done reading that statement and the 200 and some comments that followed it. Sounds like a "shit people are pissed, let's play dumb and hope they laugh it off" PR nightmare

I don't own any Springfield weapons, But I bet there will be some deals to be had soon!

fledge
1 May 2017, 17:47
Supposing they are telling the truth: the only way they can clear their name is to kill the bill.

Let's see if their lobbying is as good as their Saint and XDE marketing.

KW900A
1 May 2017, 17:54
I had that thought also. Actions will speak louder than words now.

FortTom
1 May 2017, 18:54
I just got done reading that statement and the 200 and some comments that followed it. Sounds like a "shit people are pissed, let's play dumb and hope they laugh it off" PR nightmare

I don't own any Springfield weapons, But I bet there will be some deals to be had soon!

That was my feelings exactly!, KW. Just too pissed to post my feelings like a reasonable person. To tell the truth, it still smells like shit to me!

FT:mad: