PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lamb

Pyzik
3 May 2017, 05:03
Well this sucks. While I've never taken a class by him I *did* want to and I followed him, watch videos, listened to pod casts ect.
I don't think this detracts from what I've learned through the above but sure does make it hard to hear anything someone has to say going forward.

I get the temptation to have others believe you're more than you are. I hate being asked (and I get it quite a bit) "are/were you in the service?" "you in (name that branch)?" ect.
It's easy to want that respect. But nope, I'm just Joe Blow who likes guns and freedom. People always seem disappointed by that. But never once will I say I'm more than I am.

http://www.breachbangclear.com/mike-lamb-comes-clean/

Lamb has for many years claimed to be a Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance veteran, and someone who worked for assorted government agencies. Only the latter part of that, he told me quietly, is legitimate.

Said Lamb,

“I’d rather just come on out and get it out there. There’s nothing more to say about it. I came into the Marines as an intel guy, started working at the NSA, and got some deployments out of it. The deployments were national intelligence teams [three letter agencies, ed]. That’s all true. But I was never Recon. Someone called me out on it, and I copped to it. It’s nothing I didn’t bring to my own doorstep. I could easily have shut it down, and I didn’t. It’s a lie I’ve been living for twenty years.
This is a soul cleanse for me after looking over my shoulder all this time.
I apologize to the community, to everyone for misrepresenting myself. I don’t ask or expect forgiveness. I can’t make up for what I did, but I can try to atone for it.”
Asked what he would do next, he said simply,

“I want to be a good dad, and not have to be looking over my shoulder. I brought this to my doorstep, you know. You reap what you sow. However, the lack of character in my past doesn’t mean I can’t take it on the chin now. I’m going to shut down the company, take my licks, and try to figure out my life after that.”

UWone77
3 May 2017, 05:31
Prime example of when you embellish... and then the lies get heavier and heavier.

I did get a chuckle out of your "where you in the service" question. I get that all the time when I'm checking out somewhere. Presumably because of my haircut. They always seem disappointed when I say no. Sorry ma'am, I only dodge bullets domestically, not internationally. [BD]

In this day and age of technology, hard to get away with anything like claiming you're Force Recon, SEAL, Delta, Ranger, ect. Just say you were in the rear with the gear.

Pyzik
3 May 2017, 05:51
I know why people ask me. Between my tattoo, all my cool gunguy shirts and multicam hat with the Zero7one "We The People" patch. I king of put out an image.
I probably scream "I've got a gun". Meh.

Joelski
3 May 2017, 14:45
I think all people who put on the uniform, be it military, or public safety, carry themselves a little differently than joe public. It's the self-assurance that radiates much more than swagger, or bravado. It's easy to tell the difference between somebody who's BTDT vs. a bookworm know-it-all.

SEALs and Rangers get a lot attention for the way they carry themselves, but it's self awareness, not some pimp step. Same thing as being able to detect fear, I think people who are tuned-in can detect others who pay attention.

SINNER
3 May 2017, 16:33
I know why people ask me. Between my tattoo, all my cool gunguy shirts and multicam hat with the Zero7one "We The People" patch. I king of put out an image.
I probably scream "I've got a gun". Meh.

I usually get asked if I'm a felon.

UWone77
3 May 2017, 16:35

LMAO... I can kind of see how they get that... but I had to think about it!!

SINNER
3 May 2017, 16:47
I hope it the tattoos. I don't think I look like a bad guy. Hahaha

KW900A
3 May 2017, 17:31
I got asked once if I was in "the service". They said they asked because of how I was standing. I don't even know how the hell I was standing.

Occasionally I will drive my stepdads truck for something instead of my own, and he has a navy veteran sticker in one corner of the back window. A couple of weeks ago I had someone thank me for my service in A parking lot. I assume it was because of the sticker, it cought me so off guard I just smiled and tipped my hat and kept walking. I didn't want to pretend, and I didn't want to embarrass someone who just did a very nice out of the blue gesture. In a pinch, that response seemed like the best.

mustangfreek
3 May 2017, 18:07
I don't get why people need to lie about such a thing..

Lol...

I can kinda relate..tats , hair and a grumpy mug and they take ya all wrong....[BD]

voodoo_man
4 May 2017, 04:29
Interesting how this type of thing keeps coming out of Magpuls camp...

Costs embellished his service record...no seemed to have cared...

Haley did as well, but it super low key and there are only a handful of people who probably know about it.

Now Lamb.

Im no detective but I see a trend.

Former11B
4 May 2017, 05:15
I'm guessing he saw the writing on the wall; someone was probably digging into his record and he is trying to get ahead of the landslide.

But there's one problem: most people don't suffer these fake ass liars, regardless of how long their narcissistic apology is.

Fuck that guy

FortTom
4 May 2017, 12:36
I'm guessing he saw the writing on the wall; someone was probably digging into his record and he is trying to get ahead of the landslide.

But there's one problem: most people don't suffer these fake ass liars, regardless of how long their narcissistic apology is.

Fuck that guy

Ha..ha.... Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel....[:D][:D]

voodoo_man
4 May 2017, 13:33
Ha..ha.... Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel....[:D][:D]

It appears he may be upset, but I am not certain....

GOST
4 May 2017, 15:43
Really doesn't bother me, I'm sure I get lied to quite often. The competition guys like Miculek and Vogel are more fun to watch anyways.

FortTom
4 May 2017, 16:36
It appears he may be upset, but I am not certain....

Really doesn't bother me, I'm sure I get lied to quite often. The competition guys like Miculek and Vogel are more fun to watch anyways.

These guys are high profile... but regular folk do it all the time. I could start an entire thread of hilarious bullshit claims I've heard sitting on a bar stool... I don't like the stolen valor shit, it makes me sick, but just the claims of badassery that anyone having done time in any branch could call bullshit on immediately, I usually just laugh. Seems to me, and I haven't got a clue how to spell "Law Book", If someone paid a person for training, based on the instructors falsely claimed credentials and bona fides, a past student could sue them for their money back.

FT[:D]

gatordev
5 May 2017, 04:08
Really doesn't bother me, I'm sure I get lied to quite often.

I think that reaction is what makes it all the more frustrating for many. And I'm not just talking about Stolen Valor. We, as a society, have become so used to not meeting or ignoring the standard that everyone just shrugs it off and moves along. Don't agree with the traffic law? Ignore it and do your own thing...everyone else will work around you.

The reason Stolen Valor ignites the passion for so many is because those people met some stated standard and were (generally) honorable servants to the country, so seeing someone taking a shortcut to that honor, even if it's embellishing what would already be an honorable career of service, pisses people off.

GOST, this isn't meant to be directed specifically at you. Just trying to elaborate on why these continued discoveries about gun celebrities, and others, continue to generate so much internet traffic.

GOST
5 May 2017, 07:08
What I'm saying is that I'm more bothered when I find out my kids or friends are lying, stuff that effects my everyday life. What has happened here has zero effect on my family's life. This is just another internet celebrity that I don't know not telling the truth. Folks can be upset with this if they want, just not a big deal to me.

gatordev
5 May 2017, 13:14
What I'm saying is that I'm more bothered when I find out my kids or friends are lying, stuff that effects my everyday life. What has happened here has zero effect on my family's life. This is just another internet celebrity that I don't know not telling the truth. Folks can be upset with this if they want, just not a big deal to me.

I can certainly understand that. My post was more directed towards Stolen Valor in general and not this/an internet celebrity.

UWone77
5 May 2017, 13:53
I think it's so bad now that even guys who weren't in the military like me, automatically get skeptical when someone claims they were Special Operations in any branch.

GOST
5 May 2017, 14:14
I understand folks' dislike of stolen valor, have several at my work that make untrue claims. My Dad is retired Air Force and I grew up on bases. I have an honorable discharge from the Air National Guard but didn't do anything for my short stint. Basically swore in, passed my physical, blew out my knee, had surgery, had more physicals and then got cleared. I then never got my date to be sent off so I called the recruiter, he told me that upon further investigation I was unable to serve due to rebuilt body parts. I was then discharged with 9 months of service. So I did absolutely nothing, and have them remove my name for Veterans Day at work.

People at work ask me why don't call these guys at work for stolen valor. These guys all served but embellish quite bit, one says he's a founding member of Delta Force. He doesn't know that I know a guy he served with, that told me that he was a clerk. The reason I don't call him out is that I feel sorry for him, and at the end of the day his stories will not effect my family's life at all. He also says he's got 11" limp, probably has to tape it to his leg.

For me there a lot worse things to worry about than stolen valor. Some are even taking it to an extreme, they could have done a lot of good with the effort they used.

https://military.id.me/stolen-valor/vietnam-veteran-accused-of-stolen-valor-by-younger-marines-attacked-in-airport/

GOST
5 May 2017, 14:16
Wow I just posted an Alamo5000 size post, love you brother.

UWone77
5 May 2017, 14:34
Wow I just posted an Alamo5000 size post, love you brother.

Maybe an Alamo size opening statement... but post?

Not even close. [BD]

GOST
5 May 2017, 14:56
Maybe an Alamo size opening statement... but post?

Not even close. [BD]

True, I don't measure up.

Stone
5 May 2017, 14:57
Yeah, not even close. I usually have to scroll down a while to reach the next post. :P

Joelski
5 May 2017, 15:26
It's sad, really. To be so in need of validation and respect in any way that people would play "dress up", or make false claims. Mojo ain't mojo if it ain't your story. I have an issue every September 11th, when people decide to recognize all the people who facelessly ensure their safety every other day of the year as well. The number "343" has never sat well with me, either as that only represents unionized personnel and not every EMT or security guard who lost their life in the WTC tragedy. It's really just publicity and salve and I'd be fine if all the parading went away in favor of a national moment of silence, not just for the uniformed people, but also the victims and the heroes on Flight 93 that day.

UWone77
5 May 2017, 15:41
True, I don't measure up.

But I'm with you. The older I get the less I care about calling people out. Doesn't affect me or my life. Carry on.

Former11B
5 May 2017, 16:20

First off: because this dude would likely not be in the place he's in now (or was a week ago) had he not attached his entire persona and credibility to his USMC Special Operations time. Would he have people lined up taking classes and forking over big dollars to "Mike Lamb, INTEL PUKE" or "Mike Lamb, Force Recon, BTDT, got the knife kill"?

Second, it's a slap in the face to the guys who really earn it. I heard a guy say he was a USMC scout sniper when he served so I asked about his Hog's Tooth. *blank stare*. No reason to lie, and lie and lie. If they wanted to be whatever they're claiming to be....shoulda actually done it. No excuses

Bottom line: he lied and he profited from it for years. He took money from people who otherwise would have sought out instructors with the pedigree they were after.

GOST
5 May 2017, 21:19
I didn't say this guy didn't lie, and if folks choose to be mad then that's their choice. I'm sure I've lied about plenty today, along with billions of others. I'm not saying to ignore the sin, I am saying that I choose to not let it bother me. It bothers me more that able people choose not to work and get a check. That's a slap in the face of every working man out there, but Jesus said to turn the other cheek. If folks are mad at this guy then I'm fine with that, but I'm not.

voodoo_man
6 May 2017, 03:21
First off: because this dude would likely not be in the place he's in now (or was a week ago) had he not attached his entire persona and credibility to his USMC Special Operations time. Would he have people lined up taking classes and forking over big dollars to "Mike Lamb, INTEL PUKE" or "Mike Lamb, Force Recon, BTDT, got the knife kill"?

Second, it's a slap in the face to the guys who really earn it. I heard a guy say he was a USMC scout sniper when he served so I asked about his Hog's Tooth. *blank stare*. No reason to lie, and lie and lie. If they wanted to be whatever they're claiming to be....shoulda actually done it. No excuses

Bottom line: he lied and he profited from it for years. He took money from people who otherwise would have sought out instructors with the pedigree they were after.

Not a marine sniper but know what a hogs tooth is.

Internet fame here I come!!?

FortTom
6 May 2017, 05:44
Not a marine sniper but know what a hogs tooth is.

Internet fame here I come!!? Wow! I must be one hell of a sniper, I have several hog's teeth. They came out of the hog's I have shot. And that makes me a sniper huh? Who the heck would have thought it. Can't wait to go to the pub for a cold one, and spread the word about my prowess at shooting at 1.5 miles and beyond.[:D]

KW900A
6 May 2017, 07:58
But I'm with you. The older I get the less I care about calling people out. Doesn't affect me or my life. Carry on.

Amen. If it doesn't hit home, the likelihood of me caring is slim to none. But in the same token, I could understand the frustration many would feel that knew him/worked with him/looked up to him - especially the ones who gave him money.

Profiting off lies will eventually circle around and find you. I don't care what field its in.

voodoo_man
6 May 2017, 12:40
Wow! I must be one hell of a sniper, I have several hog's teeth. They came out of the hog's I have shot. And that makes me a sniper huh? Who the heck would have thought it. Can't wait to go to the pub for a cold one, and spread the word about my prowess at shooting at 1.5 miles and beyond.[:D]

Only 1.5? Noob

FortTom
7 May 2017, 00:38
^^^^[:D][:D]

Former11B
8 May 2017, 05:25
Wow! I must be one hell of a sniper, I have several hog's teeth. They came out of the hog's I have shot. And that makes me a sniper huh? Who the heck would have thought it. Can't wait to go to the pub for a cold one, and spread the word about my prowess at shooting at 1.5 miles and beyond.[:D]

For the record, after a Marine goes through the S/S course, they go from being a PIG (Professionally Instructed Gunman) to a HOG (Hunter Of Gunmen). The HOG's tooth is a 7.62 bullet on a loop to wear around their neck, as the saying goes "There's a bullet with your name on it", so if they have that particular bullet, they're somewhat invincible on the battlefield

inthegame
10 May 2017, 13:13
Some people fake it til they make t. Unfortunately in this situation, it's not good at all. This doesn't affect me, I'm
Sure he's a great instructor from
What I have read. but those in the community he claimed to b a member of hAve every right to be mad. He probably would not have risen to the level in the industry without his purported credentials. Those credentials give you a. CAche that people want in this industry. Time to pay the piper.