PDA

View Full Version : Dead Foot Arms Modified Cycle System

GOST
31 May 2017, 18:29

Dead Foot Arms MCS

The Dead Foot Arms Modified Cycle System is a retro fit kit that allows a standard AR-15 platform to transform into a folding stock rifle. Utilizing proprietary dual spring technology, our Modified Cycle System reduces bolt bounce and reduces the overall length of a rifle with a 16 inch barrel to 26.5 inches when the stock is folded. The built in folding stock adapter provides positive retention when the stock is folded, and with a quick swing of the butt stock the adapter ensures a rock-solid lock up in the deployed position. Our system includes: a modified bolt carrier group, recoil springs, and folding stock adaptor kit. The end user can use their current butt stock or any butt stock that will attach to a standard AR-15. The Modified Cycle System attaches only to the lower receiver, allowing the use of any upper receiver of any caliber and any barrel length combination. THE DEAD FOOT ARMS MODIFIED CYCLE SYSTEM ALLOWS THE END USER TO MAINTAIN THEIR CURRENT ZERO AND SIGHT PICTURE, AND SUPPORTS FULL AND SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIRE WHEN THE RIFLE IS FOLDED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6541611kXmo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.deadfootarms.com

SINNER
1 June 2017, 13:07
Basically a PDW stock with a folder rather than a collapsible stock. Neat idea but a bulky looking setup.

restfortheweary
29 June 2017, 18:00
They sent me a T&E unit for work. Slick system with 0 reliability issues. Great to deal with as well. I was concerned about the modified carrier, but no issues with function.

Stone
29 June 2017, 19:35
Still don't see any advantages to the whole folding stock idea. Seems to me you loose more than you gain. Compact collapsing stock,$59. Folding stock with their may or may not work BCG, buffer tube and spring, 6 kazillion dollars. Now you take a perfectly functioning system and re-work it[bash]
Some folks seem to have forgotten the old saying. " If it aint broke don't phuck with it"... But hey, you look cool at the range in front of people you will never see again. No offense intended towards DFA, I just think the whole folding stock thing is ludicrous.