PDA

View Full Version : GFY KITTY

mustangfreek
4 June 2017, 19:36
[:D]

Okay had some of this stuff for a while and just about there. First billet pieces I've had myself so excited to get it together. Going after a good shooter , I'd like to get a 16"/Int. Gas barrel but we'll see about that.

So what Ive got so far

Rainier arms batllekitty lower
FCD EMR , SMOS pins and castle nut- (need another FCD bolt catch )
Magpul grip and SL-S stock
SMOS GFY upper, rail
Smos gfy bcg
Damage spring , RA buffer tube ( reminds me need another H buffer)
BA 16" Hanson 223 wlyde
Griffin flash comp

Stone
4 June 2017, 21:42
On that one I would just color fill the kitty and selector markings. Precision armament has the AFAB which is a flash hider and comp. It does both really well, my favorite MD so far. Follow up shots are quick, there's just a tad bit of muzzle rise, shoots real flat.
https://precisionarmament.com/product/afab-flash-hider-compensator/

I would suggest to take a look at the Mega Arms 5.56mm Barrel - 16". Nitrocarberized 416 stainless with some pretty good specs to boot. I put one on my last build that I did for my sons 18th birthday and he has been shooting the dog piss out of it and it keeps coming back for more. Good barrel.
http://www.rogtac.com/mega-arms-5-56mm-barrel-16/

GOST
5 June 2017, 05:11
That upper looks great on that lower. I vote to leave it black, the kitty is a little shallow. The new Griffin Flash Comp looks good.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/Taper-Mount-Flash-Comp-p/tmfc.htm

Pyzik
5 June 2017, 11:03
Great looking combo

Joelski
5 June 2017, 14:07
Another vote for leave it black. Hey, it's a ready-made excuse to start planning a future build! [:D]

I'm a fan of the old Griffin Flash Comp and SLR Synergy, both of which tip the hat to the KAC .556 Mini MAMS.

mustangfreek
5 June 2017, 20:48
Thanks Pyzik and ya I'm thinking of just leaving it all black...but then all the FDE around here...

That upper looks great on that lower. I vote to leave it black, the kitty is a little shallow. The new Griffin Flash Comp looks good.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/Taper-Mount-Flash-Comp-p/tmfc.htm

Ya it matches pretty well and finish is pretty close.

The Griffin stuff has had my eye for awhile. Don't need the taper mount per say. Always been curious on the m4sd
https://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-5-56-Flash-Comp-1-2x28-p/xhp556fc.htm

But then again , not sure how this one is, but after something not real rowdy

Stickman
7 June 2017, 20:05
I'd leave this one black. Looks like the engraving is too shallow for paint or cerakote.

Pyzik
15 June 2017, 08:17
Maybe I'm not selling my GFY set.

Coming along great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Joelski
20 June 2017, 03:44
The GFY upper is Looking damn sweet on the kitty.

mustangfreek
17 July 2017, 16:43
Phucking photo bucket 🖕 Updated pic lower is together and just need a gas tube and a FA pin..

Check out the SMOS castle nut

mustangfreek
8 August 2017, 10:50
Quick update, sold off some extra brass and acquired the last few little items to finish this up, I think. So then it's just sights/optics. Won't have any cash for a while do the pst 1-4 might have to swap between 3 uppers..

Also traded a old inforce apl for a stream light pro tac 1 rail mount light, so just need a arisaka scout mount or a mlok picayinny rail piece

Pyzik
8 August 2017, 11:35
Quick update, sold off some extra brass and acquired the last few little items to finish this up, I think. So then it's just sights/optics. Won't have any cash for a while do the pst 1-4 might have to swap between 3 uppers..

Also traded a old inforce apl for a stream light pro tac 1 rail mount light, so just need a arisaka scout mount or a mlok picayinny rail pieceNice!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UWone77
8 August 2017, 20:11
What kind of castle nut is that? Looks like a screw to "stake" it?

titanse05
9 August 2017, 05:12
What kind of castle nut is that? Looks like a screw to "stake" it?It's a SMOS castle nut.

Joelski
9 August 2017, 06:17
Cool idea on the castle nut, and sweet-looking build!

mustangfreek
9 August 2017, 07:14
Like Titan said its from SMOS, damn thing is machined right had to work it on, but can say with that and the set screw it's never coming loose...lol. I like it though

Big_Tom
9 August 2017, 11:12
Looks good.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

UWone77
9 August 2017, 11:35
It's a SMOS castle nut.

Heh... must be like the only SMOS item I never purchased. Kind of reminds me of the Ascend Castle nut

mustangfreek
5 December 2017, 04:06
Testing some TAC -77gr Nosler loads

Crappy pic..was foggy, snowy,rainy and old ass iPhone

old11bravo
8 December 2017, 01:08
Wow!! Looks really nice!! Makes me want to cuddle with my SMOS/AXTS build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustangfreek
12 December 2017, 04:00
Thanks Ron, it seems to run well on any ammo so far with the h2 buffer in it, I usually run a H in a 16” that and the griffin make it such a soft shooter..

Former11B
12 December 2017, 07:31
Mid or intermediate gas?

mustangfreek
13 December 2017, 04:15
Oops...mid length

Forgot to add the buffer spring is something different I forgot I had got somewhere?..it’s damage industries enhanced or something..but so far so good and no sproing or such...