PDA

View Full Version : 300 BLK Uppers?

Calengor
16 June 2017, 16:06
I have a mid to long-term plan to build a 300 blackout pistol and don't have the tools for building my own upper at this time. What reputable manufacturers are making 300 Blackout uppers? During a recent search, I found BCM, KAC, Daniel Defense, and Noveske. AAC doesn't seem to be making them any more. DD and Noveske don't seem to be making barrels shorter than 10.5".

Dstrbdmedic167
16 June 2017, 16:43
Any of the above mentioned would be great options. I assume your budget is a little higher than most of you're looking seriously at those. Any of those mentioned would be a good choice.

Aero makes 300blk uppers iirc which are a good deal for the money. You could also buy the parts and take them to a reputable gunsmith and have him assemble it. Another option would be to purchase everything from Rainier and have them assemble it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
16 June 2017, 17:18
I have a mid to long-term plan to build a 300 blackout pistol and don't have the tools for building my own upper at this time. What reputable manufacturers are making 300 Blackout uppers? During a recent search, I found BCM, KAC, Daniel Defense, and Noveske. AAC doesn't seem to be making them any more. DD and Noveske don't seem to be making barrels shorter than 10.5".

All great choices. You doing 7.5 or 8.5" ?

Calengor
16 June 2017, 17:40
I was thinking 9-9.5" because that's what KAC and BCM have. KAC's upper looks nice, but I don't know that at $1.7K it's worth it for what will likely be just a range toy when the BCM plus BCG/CH and a set of MBUS sights would be around $1K.

I do have two SBR lowers that it could also go on on occasion. I'm not looking to break the bank on this build, but I don't want to go with JimBob's unknown provenance parts build somewhere online.

din
16 June 2017, 19:41
Is AAC still selling theirs?

Calengor
17 June 2017, 12:49
Any of the above mentioned would be great options. I assume your budget is a little higher than most of you're looking seriously at those. Any of those mentioned would be a good choice.

Aero makes 300blk uppers iirc which are a good deal for the money. You could also buy the parts and take them to a reputable gunsmith and have him assemble it. Another option would be to purchase everything from Rainier and have them assemble it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing Aero out. I'll have to keep them in mind when I go to do this.

Is AAC still selling theirs?

I don't think so.

UWone77
17 June 2017, 20:28
Will this be a suppressor host?