PDA

View Full Version : LA-N15 RAVEN Billet Receiver Set. Available for Pre Order

UWone77
20 June 2017, 11:48
LA-N15™ Raven™ Billet Receiver Set (https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-n15-raven-billet-receiver-set-1)

https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-n15-raven-billet-receiver-set-1

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FOR THE LA-N15 RAVEN BILLET SET (https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-n15-raven-billet-receiver-set-1)

Machined from certified 7075-T6 Aluminum and Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized Class2, Deep Black.
Our matched billet receiver sets are manufactured to the highest quality standards with excelent fit between parts.

UAR™ Billet Upper:
The patent pending SMOOTHCAM™ system features a domed head, low friction cam pin and special upper
receiver that offer ultra smooth operation.
With its blended cam recess the UAR upper is machined from Billet 7075-T6 certified aluminum and milspec, Type3, Class2, Deep Black, Hardcoat Anodized.
The UAR™ is a precision machined upper with a special proprietary bore that is ultra smooth with a roughness average in micro inches of 16, as opposed to standard bored or milled uppers that are 32-63, or higher.
This reduces bolt carrier friction and creates a much smoother operation.
Barrel nut threads, bore and barrel extension surfaces are all machined in one operation so that they are
perfectly concentric and perpendicular to the barrel and fixing assembly.
The cam pin recess has been carefully designed with a smooth surface that flows into the main reciprocation channel.
This allows our specially designed radial, domed head cam pin to move with the minimum of wear against these internal surfaces.

The CP-R360™ Cam Pin has no moving parts to break or lock up.
Machined from 17-4 PH Stainless Steel and hardened to H900 (45RC Approx) its head is polished for a super smooth finish. The cam pins circular head has a single flat face machined into it at the front so that it can be inserted into any bolt carrier without having to remove the gas key.
Two further flats are machined at 90 degrees to the front face that assist in reducing internal wear to the cam channel.
The unique domed head allows the cam pin to operate in a completely different position to a traditional pin, with the radius of the head curving away from the receivers internal surface, rather than forming a hard or sharp edge on its upper corner that causes wear.
Finished in its natural hardened state, copper/brass color.

LA-N15™ Billet Lower Receiver
Internally flared Magazine well, to assist in loading.
45 Degree BAD Safety Selector cut.
Spotface recess to rear Takedown Pin making acess easier.
Single point cut receiver extension threads.
Enlarged Mag Button area for easier gloved operation.
Broach Cut Magwell.
Made in the USA

Stripped weight for complete set: 1lb.5oz (450g).

MIL/LE discount available, please visit our FAQ page on how to obtain the discount code.

ITAR Notice:
This product is manufactured in the USA by LANTAC USA LLC for sale within the USA only.
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
ESTIMATED SHIP DATE

July/August 2017

apmcdaniel
20 June 2017, 12:53
Sharp design! Contemplating rearrangement of capital outlay priorities... [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fledge
20 June 2017, 12:56
I'm more interested in their adj buffer. Hopefully that'll be available soon too.

Joelski
20 June 2017, 13:37
Nice looking, but I'm hangin' for the Radian set.

EO3
20 June 2017, 19:52
I've always been a fan of these Lantac sets. I think I just really like the sharp lines. I'm with fledge as well, would love to see the release of the ABS.

mustangfreek
21 June 2017, 03:53
I'm more interested in their adj buffer. Hopefully that'll be available soon too.

I'm interested in this also

UWone77
21 June 2017, 16:07
I'm wondering when the Forged Sets are coming.

Stone
21 June 2017, 16:19
^ Now that I would be interested in.

UWone77
22 June 2017, 15:13
^ Now that I would be interested in.

I was told roughly after the Billet sets are released. I'm hoping for a decent price point. That's about the only stripped set I'm looking forward to building up some time in the future.

Stone
22 June 2017, 18:15
The billets are priced accordingly to other billet sets, maybe a little more than some. Kind of anxious to see what the forged look like. Not a fan of the sharp edges on receiver sets...

SINNER
22 June 2017, 20:32
Looks like a $90 New Frontier lower with a few more aesthetic cuts made. No ambi mag release is a double fail.

AaronP220
22 June 2017, 21:14
Sinner - If anything the New Frontier set looks like ours. The Raven lower design has been around for 4+ years now. 👍

The forged sets (LA-SF15’s) will follow very closely behind the Raven billet sets. Only a couple more weeks guys.

The ABS won’t be available for anything but the Raven Rifles (or other Lantac complete rifles) and complete upper assemblies which will have the spring as well. The ABS is designed to work with very specific gas port sizes. Most “off the shelf” gas ports are too large for the ABS to tune down and get to short stroke. So, unfortunately we won’t offer it for the masses to throw into all their guns out there. It will do nothing but generate a bunch of mad people who can’t get their 8.5” SBR that’s suppressed with a .100 gas port to short stroke.

GOST
22 June 2017, 21:52
Aaron didn't know you were with Lantac.

Dstrbdmedic167
22 June 2017, 21:55

For "industry" you're not very "industry"... [emoji23][emoji23]

he's been there almost a year or so...

We are also personal friends on FB so I've known for a while.

GOST
22 June 2017, 22:04
I'm not even slightly industry.

AaronP220
23 June 2017, 05:47

I’m super sneaky quiet.

Stone
23 June 2017, 17:34
That's the only way to be. Since we have you on the line, what's the ETA on the RPS? And MSRP as well...[pop]

fledge
23 June 2017, 18:25
The ABS won’t be available for anything but the Raven Rifles (or other Lantac complete rifles) and complete upper assemblies which will have the spring as well. The ABS is designed to work with very specific gas port sizes. Most “off the shelf” gas ports are too large for the ABS to tune down and get to short stroke. So, unfortunately we won’t offer it for the masses to throw into all their guns out there. It will do nothing but generate a bunch of mad people who can’t get their 8.5” SBR that’s suppressed with a .100 gas port to short stroke.

Sounds like a good opportunity to sell ABS/barrel bundles. ;)

I'll keep an eye out for a street price on the complete uppers with the spring.

AaronP220
26 June 2017, 14:23
That's the only way to be. Since we have you on the line, what's the ETA on the RPS? And MSRP as well...[pop]

10 weeks or so and around $40.

WarEagle
26 June 2017, 15:26
10 weeks or so and around $40.

What about the black EBCG, any timeframe on those?

AaronP220
27 June 2017, 17:06
What about the black EBCG, any timeframe on those?

The black E-BCGs are for special forces groups and their testing. I don't think we'll ever put out black EBCGs to market in the nitrided form but if there's a big enough demand we could look at it.

WarEagle
27 June 2017, 17:13
The black E-BCGs are for special forces groups and their testing. I don't think we'll ever put out black EBCGs to market in the nitrided form but if there's a big enough demand we could look at it.

Thanks for the reply. Well if one of those SF guys gets tired of one I'll take it haha.

I'm guessing there're no real performance benefit of the nitride over the NiB.

AaronP220
27 June 2017, 17:19
Thanks for the reply. Well if one of those SF guys gets tired of one I'll take it haha.

I'm guessing there're no real performance benefit of the nitride over the NiB.

Beyond looks - not really. The NiB we use is extremely hard, much like Nitriding, but you grain a small amount of friction (rougher) in the action going from NiB to Nitriding. Even that is pretty negligible and wouldn't be noticed when comparing side-by-side.