PDA

View Full Version : Lantac LA-SF15 Forged Receiver Set

Stone
26 June 2017, 17:17
10 weeks or so and around $40.

Thank you Sir! Good price BTW. Could you throw out a guesstimate ETA on the forged sets? I wont hold you to it...

AaronP220
27 June 2017, 14:11
What about the black EBCG, any timeframe on those?

Right now the black E-BCGs are limited to SF groups and their testing. We likely won't release black E-BCGs.

Thank you Sir! Good price BTW. Could you throw out a guesstimate ETA on the forged sets? I wont hold you to it...

I'm fixing to turn the pre-order for you guys. DM me for a special discount code.

AaronP220
27 June 2017, 14:14
https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-sf15-usr-forged-receiver-set

go get them guys...

UWone77
27 June 2017, 15:27
https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-sf15-usr-forged-receiver-set

LA-SF15™ USR Forged Receiver Set (https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-sf15-usr-forged-receiver-set)
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FOR THE LA-SF15 USR FORGED SET (https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-sf15-usr-forged-receiver-set)

LanTac™ LA-SF15 Forged Receiver Set (https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/la-sf15-usr-forged-receiver-set)
Precision machined from 7075-T6 forgings and Type3 hardcoat Anodized, Class2 deep black.
Our forged receiver set is packed with 'above milspec' features that makes it the ideal choice for shooters looking for an enhanced configuration while retaining
a traditional look.

The lower receiver has a spot face cut to the takedown area allowing easier removal of the rear pin.
The magwell is internally flared allowing for faster and more accurate seating of the magazine during high stress reloads.
The USR (Upper Standard Receiver) receiver features a raised pad behind the front lug to facilitate a tighter receiver fit.
The barrel extension bore is smaller in diamter than the mil specification so that barrel fit is much tighter, increasing accuracy in the final assembly.
Bore, threads, Picatinny rail & front receiver face are all machined in one operation meaning that the highest concentricity and perpendicularity are maintained.
M4 feedramp cuts as standard.
Manufactured in the USA from certified aluminum alloy.

MIL/LE discount available, please visit our FAQ page on how to obtain the discount code.

ITAR Notice:
This product is manufactured in the USA by LANTAC USA LLC for sale within the USA only.
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
ESTIMATED SHIP DATE

July/August 2017

Stone
27 June 2017, 16:42
Damn! Not even 24 hours later and not only did you answer my question but they are even for sale! That's some kind of land speed record right there. And I even started a thread about it to, that I don't remember doing...[:D] UW, your almost as sneaky as Aaron. Thanks guys!!!

AaronP220
27 June 2017, 17:05
Damn! Not even 24 hours later and not only did you answer my question but they are even for sale! That's some kind of land speed record right there. And I even started a thread about it to, that I don't remember doing...[:D] UW, your almost as sneaky as Aaron. Thanks guys!!!

We aim to please!

UWone77
27 June 2017, 17:18
Next receiver set purchase I make will be this.

Dstrbdmedic167
27 June 2017, 17:48
These are clean. These are on the short list!

GOST
18 August 2017, 18:21
Now available at Rainier Arms. Apex price is pretty good also.[:D]

https://www.rainierarms.com/lantac-sf15-usr-forged-upper-lower-set/

UWone77
20 August 2017, 20:50
I know I said no more AR's, but I did tear down an existing Seekins build to accommodate this. Will build it up like a wannabe Raven as close as possible.

fledge
21 August 2017, 09:02
A taxi cab confession.

I picked up a set too. Will follow your build so I can copy it.

UWone77
21 August 2017, 09:12
A taxi cab confession.

I picked up a set too. Will follow your build so I can copy it.

Yeah if only Aaron could get us buffer setups... but I'm sure UPS would just jack them too. [BD]

So far I scraped up an extra Raptor from the build I tore down, and bought a 5.56 EBCG, and some MBUS's. I also pulled off a Lantac trigger from another gun. I plan to go with the Raven 14.5 barrel when they're avail to go with their 13.5" handguard. I'll do a Dragon in the ASR flavor when they're released.

fledge
21 August 2017, 09:48
If you happen to figure out the secret handshake for the buffer, get two. I'd happily pay to cover all costs and a six pack.

I like that direction for the build. The muzzle device is questionable for me. I'll probably use a dead air version since the sandman K would be ideal for this.

SINNER
21 August 2017, 10:50
They must employ marketing geniuses to get that kind of coin for a generic forged lower.

Stone
21 August 2017, 14:05
UW, how do you like those over sized TD pins? Did those come with it?

UWone77
21 August 2017, 15:26
UW, how do you like those over sized TD pins? Did those come with it?

They're just pieces of plastic to keep the upper and lower together during shipping.

Aragorn
21 August 2017, 16:09
Yeah if only Aaron could get us buffer setups... but I'm sure UPS would just jack them too. [BD]

If you happen to figure out the secret handshake for the buffer, get two.

Uhhhh yeah. If Aaron could facilitate a WEVO group buy, I'd be in for at least one.

UWone77
21 August 2017, 20:32
Uhhhh yeah. If Aaron could facilitate a WEVO group buy, I'd be in for at least one.

Sorry Gents, that's not going to happen, just based on my side chats with him. At least not anytime soon.

UWone77
23 August 2017, 04:04

Threw on a V Seven Port Door.

fledge
23 August 2017, 07:00

Threw on a V Seven Port Door.

Already coloring outside the lines.

fledge
25 August 2017, 11:16
Their new barrel has dropped.

https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/raven-223-wylde-barrel-14-5

I've got a question out to them on IG whether the inside of the barrel is coated for longevity. With the degree of detail in manufacturing, I would hope melonite would be added for a long-term rifle.

UW, got any details on that?

Stone
25 August 2017, 14:25
"Proprietary black surface conversion finish" I am pretty sure that means Nitrocarberizing it is a surface conversion of the molecular structure. Melonite is Nitrocarberizing its just a patented name(Proprietary). I sure hope they drop a 16" barrel! I have a KA lower and a Hodge upper and rail this would be perfect for, then I would know what will be going in my next build. This deserves a thread of its own.

fledge
25 August 2017, 14:41
Stone, I hope you are right. I want it inside the barrel too to make the cost worthwhile. The description is vague.

Also, they said other lengths are coming soon.

Edit: Lantac said bore is coated too!

Stone
25 August 2017, 15:23
"they said other lengths are coming soon" Awesome! Yeah, great specs on that barrel. I could be wrong but I believe the whole barrel, inside and out has to be done when Nitrocarberizing. Its dipped in a super hot salt bath so I don't see how they could just do one or the other. Anyways, great news. Looking forward to this. You have a build planned?

fledge
25 August 2017, 15:49
Going to piece a complete Lantac together like UW. Every piece is supposed to be available soon, but adj buffer.

GOST
25 August 2017, 17:18
You doing the forged or billet like the Raven?

fledge
25 August 2017, 18:28
Forged. Got the idea from UW and thought it a good one.

GOST
25 August 2017, 18:38
And you said UW was coloring outside of the lines.[BD]

fledge
25 August 2017, 21:21
That's because he used a VSeven port door when the raven has a standard milspec.

GOST
26 August 2017, 02:29
A Raven uses a billet set, so both of you started outside of the lines.[:D] The Raven also doesn't use a milspec mag release button.

UWone77
28 August 2017, 04:01
Lantac Trigger and EBCG

NATOgaspiston
14 September 2017, 02:04
UW, how do the receivers fit together? Any gap or wobble when real pins are holding them together? From your first picture with the oversized plastic pins, it looks like there's some play there. Would you say fit is comparable to DD or BCM?

Edit: pictures of them together with pins would be greatly appreciated, if possible

UWone77
14 September 2017, 20:23
UW, how do the receivers fit together? Any gap or wobble when real pins are holding them together? From your first picture with the oversized plastic pins, it looks like there's some play there. Would you say fit is comparable to DD or BCM?

Edit: pictures of them together with pins would be greatly appreciated, if possible

I'll try to remember to shoot some pics with pins in the next time. Remind me if I forget.

Otherwise, they seem to fit as well as most other higher end forged sets.

Stone
14 September 2017, 21:36
You sure do like showing off that Sneaky bag.:P FWIW it does make a great background.

Hey Aaron, any idea when the 16" barrel will hit the website?

Dstrbdmedic167
14 September 2017, 22:54
You sure do like showing off that Sneaky bag.:P FWIW it does make a great background.

Hey Aaron, any idea when the 16" barrel will hit the website?

Like this one?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170915/5e114308c6b9ad343335f88dff5eff6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone
15 September 2017, 06:41
Nice!

UWone77
15 September 2017, 08:14
Nice!

Stone, I think Sneakybags are pretty good value for the money. Been carrying mine to the range several times already. Very discreet looking.

Pyzik
15 September 2017, 08:33
Stone, I think Sneakybags are pretty good value for the money. Been carrying mine to the range several times already. Very discreet looking.

You guys have me wanting to swap out my tennis bag (which has worked fine for a while now, BTW).

UWone77
15 September 2017, 08:57
You guys have me wanting to swap out my tennis bag (which has worked fine for a while now, BTW).

I carry my SBR's in them. The Scorpion and MP5's are made for these bags. Most non-gun people wouldn't even think you could fit a gun in them.

fledge
15 September 2017, 11:25
Now you get a free dragon with a set. Wish they honored that retroactively.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170915/d3b8f68572abafb3eb3c24c28575a1f8.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
15 September 2017, 11:44

Dude if you want a dragon I can send you one. They may also honor it if you ask.

NATOgaspiston
15 September 2017, 19:27

Is that only available through Lantac's website or any authorized retailers?

Stone
15 September 2017, 20:02

I'm definitely going to get one. I just need to send out my lower for engraving and then work out an 8.5" upper. Its going to be simple, BUIS and zero attachments.

GOST
15 September 2017, 20:06
Is that only available through Lantac's website or any authorized retailers?

Through Rainier Arms.

https://www.rainierarms.com/lantac-sf15-usr-forged-upper-lower-set/?___SID=U&trk_msg=57UOELQVDE74L7PSKN0KGFE73S&trk_contact=V0DNBVJVGMQ3CTJ37CUNCAQNDS&trk_sid=I0U8RSLP6EPB0JKB75RBQ1EFA4&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.rainierarms.com%2flanta c-sf15-usr-forged-upper-lower-set%2f%3f___SID%3dU&utm_campaign=Rainier+Arms+Product+Spotlight+on+Lan tac+

NATOgaspiston
19 September 2017, 01:51
A

NATOgaspiston
19 September 2017, 01:52
I'll try to remember to shoot some pics with pins in the next time. Remind me if I forget.

Otherwise, they seem to fit as well as most other higher end forged sets.

Any chance you got a picture of the set together? [pop]

UWone77
19 September 2017, 11:15
So with Battle Arms EPS Pins they are tight, like rubber mallet the pins in tight.

NATOgaspiston
19 September 2017, 14:46
Great! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks UW

Stone
19 September 2017, 19:39
Looking good UW! What barrel are you going to use?

UWone77
19 September 2017, 19:43
Looking good UW! What barrel are you going to use?

A Lantac 14.5 whenever I can get my hands on one. No rush with this build. Lantac shit is expensive, so I'm going to take my time.

Stone
19 September 2017, 19:48
Cool, I am waiting on the 16" Lantac for my next one. Will probably go with their gas block, gas tube and BCG. I like to keep sections of a build from the same manufacturer.

UWone77
19 September 2017, 19:50
Cool, I am waiting on the 16" Lantac for my next one. Will probably go with their gas block, gas tube and BCG. I like to keep sections of a build from the same manufacturer.

That's how I build my guns. Same manufacturer throughout the gun. 14.5" with their new ASR Dragon pinned is what I want to do. It'll be a Raven copy, only in Forged and no proprietary buffer.

EO3
19 September 2017, 20:20
The 14.5 Lantac Intermediate barrel can be had at lanbosarmory.com for about $360 including a Lantac gas tube and gas block.

They also have the forged receiver set available for about $183, which appears to be $100 off MSRP.

GOST
20 September 2017, 02:18
Are they doing the free Dragon with reciever set?

EO3
20 September 2017, 10:07
Are they doing the free Dragon with reciever set?

Nope - just the receiver set itself.

fledge
20 September 2017, 13:04
Dude if you want a dragon I can send you one. They may also honor it if you ask.

They DID honor it! I have one on the way. Kudos to Rainier Arms.

Dstrbdmedic167
20 September 2017, 13:08
They DID honor it! I have one on the way. Kudos to Rainier Arms.

Awesome. I figured they would. They're good for that kinda thing.

AaronP220
21 September 2017, 07:24
A Lantac 14.5 whenever I can get my hands on one. No rush with this build. Lantac shit is expensive, so I'm going to take my time.

We've got 14.5" in stock! 16.0" are at black oxide.

Stone
21 September 2017, 16:28
The 14.5 Lantac Intermediate barrel can be had at lanbosarmory.com for about $360 including a Lantac gas tube and gas block.

They also have the forged receiver set available for about $183, which appears to be $100 off MSRP.

Maybe I am missing it but I don't see where they include the gas block and tube. It just tells the specs about them.

UWone77
21 September 2017, 16:42
We've got 14.5" in stock! 16.0" are at black oxide.

I just ordered another 9INE Barrel. After I recover, I'll get a 14.5"

EO3
21 September 2017, 18:48
Maybe I am missing it but I don't see where they include the gas block and tube. It just tells the specs about them.

You just have to add them to the cart separately. If you search “Lantac” at the top of the site, you’ll find it.

Stone
21 September 2017, 19:39
Got it...

NATOgaspiston
24 September 2017, 08:21
Any one have any other pictures of the receiver set together?

fledge
24 September 2017, 10:03
Completed or just fitted?

NATOgaspiston
24 September 2017, 12:37
Any and all pics are appreciated. I'm building a rifle focused on fit and finish and was going to go with MEGA or Rainier lower with their A4 upper because I hear those are second to none with fit and finish, but the release of these has made me wonder if these will meet the same standards. UW's post tell me there's no chance for wobble, now just worried about any gap in between upper/lower and if these have the deep black finish found on higher end receivers.

fledge
24 September 2017, 15:22
Personally, the lantac set is solid. But if you want that dark anodizing like Mega, you should grab a mega. Rainier and Mega are the only anodize I’ve seen like that. It’s feels like Teflon.

UWone77
24 September 2017, 15:23
Not sure anyone else other than fledge and I own one here.

Lantac is nice, but finish on the forged set is just middle of the road for me. It's not a deep black, looks more graphite to me. Mega still has the best finish on the market.

Stone
24 September 2017, 19:12
What your talking about is a Type 3 hardcoat anodized finish that has a clear coat applied. Mega and Hodge use it that I know for sure. My KAC lowers have a type negative .375 shithole/we got it for free finish on it. Big difference between some brands. Nothing wrong with a smidge of play in the upper and lower, I wouldn't be to OCD about it. Makes taking it apart in the field a lot easier.

UWone77
24 September 2017, 19:18
What your talking about is a Type 3 hardcoat anodized finish that has a clear coat applied. Mega and Hodge use it that I know for sure. My KAC lowers have a type negative .375 shithole/we got it for free finish on it. Big difference between some brands. Nothing wrong with a smidge of play in the upper and lower, I wouldn't be to OCD about it. Makes taking it apart in the field a lot easier.

100% agree with this.

Upper/Lower fitment have nothing to do with accuracy or anything else, just for the OCD crowd. I've had my share of upper and lowers that were so tight it needed a rubber hammer and a punch everytime it needed to be taken apart. I would take semi-loose upper and lower any day over a tight one.

Dstrbdmedic167
24 September 2017, 19:35
My umbrella forged SBR has the worst play out off all the sets i've ever played with. It usually doesn't bother me but thats where my OCD kicks in. Looking back I wouldn't have SBR'd it but it is what it is..

AaronP220
25 September 2017, 14:17
Not sure anyone else other than fledge and I own one here.

Lantac is nice, but finish on the forged set is just middle of the road for me. It's not a deep black, looks more graphite to me. Mega still has the best finish on the market.

And I agree as well. Megas sets aren't clear coated. They're "bright dipped" (in an acid solution that they've figured out ) and that's why they have the glossy shine to them that looks really nice. Our forged anodizing, actually, all of our anodizing isn't where i would like it to be. We've a new supplier that does an excellent job and has a very good name with a very big Oregon based company. So, very soon all of our anodizing will be MUCH better than it is. It's something that's bugged me for quite some time.

Also, Lantac has always been a fan of WEVO, even with a limited presence. If you guys want to go a group buy on a specific product let me know how many people want in on it and I can working on group pricing for you guys. Just bug me. LOL. I can't check every post but if you DM me I get a direct Eemail.

Tyrannosaur
25 September 2017, 18:02
Aaronp220 any plans on releasing a .308 barrel to go with the E Bcg?

UWone77
25 September 2017, 18:08
Also, Lantac has always been a fan of WEVO, even with a limited presence. If you guys want to go a group buy on a specific product let me know how many people want in on it and I can working on group pricing for you guys. Just bug me. LOL. I can't check every post but if you DM me I get a direct Eemail.

Nice! I'm sure we will bicker and be unable to agree on what to get a group buy going on. [:)]

fledge
25 September 2017, 18:14
Isn’t that the truth.

A black Lantac bcg may get some traction. Or buffer system. Both because of their unobtanium status.

GOST
25 September 2017, 18:18
What about ONYX?

Stone
25 September 2017, 18:19
Nice! I'm sure we will bicker and be unable to agree on what to get a group buy going on. [:)]

Now that's friggen funny! True too. What are the odds that we can all even agree to one product? I need a 16" barrel...

Stone
25 September 2017, 18:23
And I agree as well. Megas sets aren't clear coated. They're "bright dipped" (in an acid solution that they've figured out ) and that's why they have the glossy shine to them that looks really nice. Our forged anodizing, actually, all of our anodizing isn't where i would like it to be. We've a new supplier that does an excellent job and has a very good name with a very big Oregon based company. So, very soon all of our anodizing will be MUCH better than it is. It's something that's bugged me for quite some time.

Thanks for the clarification! Just learned something new... https://www.pioneermetal.com/anodizing-finishes/bright-dip

fledge
25 September 2017, 19:30
What about ONYX?

I’d do that. Start with something small.

AaronP220
25 September 2017, 21:55
The Onyx is a new receiver set. That end plate is the RPS and it will be out soon. Look beyond that end plate and you’ll see something different than your typical 556 AR.

Black E-BCGs are out there, but they’re hard to get a hold of. 308s will be something we explore in 2018.

fledge
22 October 2017, 08:55
I noticed the one or more posts at the beginning of this thread.

I’m looking for that pic of the lantac rifle in the dark camo with bronze. I can’t find it on the IG page nor in any threads here. But I remember seeing it. Was it deleted?

Joelski
22 October 2017, 10:09

Count me in. I need some Lantac goodness!

fledge
22 October 2017, 12:08
Good place to start for a group buy.

I’ve used the PWS version. Not a fan. The RPS look more promising.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/04d488fd7c45a4539314f67b80a2d3fc.jpg

Aragorn
22 October 2017, 13:32
Good place to start for a group buy.

I’ve used the PWS version. Not a fan. The RPS look more promising.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/04d488fd7c45a4539314f67b80a2d3fc.jpg

In for it if we get this going.

Stone
22 October 2017, 15:40
I noticed the one or more posts at the beginning of this thread.

I’m looking for that pic of the lantac rifle in the dark camo with bronze. I can’t find it on the IG page nor in any threads here. But I remember seeing it. Was it deleted?

This one. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?4695-Just-AR-s-Gallery&p=153726#post153726

Stone
22 October 2017, 15:42
Im in for an RPS.

fledge
25 October 2017, 17:13
Thanks for the attempt, Stone. That’s an Aero rifle, not lantac. The closest I could find was this one. But I think it’s different from the one posted. I thought the handguard was turned towaed the camera on a shadowed bench area.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171026/fa6f7b6dca7bf9ed366f1c039e22c655.jpg

Stone
25 October 2017, 18:05
Click the link and scroll up to the top of the page. Arron posted a Lantac with the camo job.

fledge
25 October 2017, 18:18
Stone, you found it. I had to scroll through Aaron’s posts to find it. Tapatalk paging is different.

Here it is: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171026/6b6404d85852087be2c5f4d5c6702909.jpg

Stone
25 October 2017, 19:03
Glad that was it. I downloaded the pic to my computer and tried to post it here for you a few days ago but this thread wouldnt let me upload from my computer. Not sure why some threads I can post "from computer" and some you cant. Weird...

fledge
25 October 2017, 19:43
I don’t think I’ve ever posted on WEVO from a computer. Haha. I can upload photos from Tapatalk but only do that what I’m not worried about controlling the photo.

The paint in the photo above will inspire my forged lantac build. Now for lantac to release the dead air dragon....

Stone
25 October 2017, 20:14
Yeah and I wonder when the 16" barrels are coming out...

AaronP220
31 October 2017, 14:57
Yeah and I wonder when the 16" barrels are coming out...

just turned them on for you. they're in stock and ready to ship. use WEEN15 thru Sunday to get %15 off.

Stone
31 October 2017, 16:01
You the man! Did you see the interest for a RPS group buy?

AaronP220
1 November 2017, 07:39
You the man! Did you see the interest for a RPS group buy?

Yep.

Just get me quantities and i can work from there.

Aragorn
1 November 2017, 09:30
Yep.

Just get me quantities and i can work from there.

Think I counted 3 so far....

Myself
Stone
Fledge

Stone
1 November 2017, 09:49
We're on a roll now![bash] Maybe with a little coercion we can talk UW into one.[:D]

fledge
1 November 2017, 09:56
I know what once people think this could be a thing, we’ll get more on board. I’m sure UW wants one for his forged lantac build.

Aaron, what is the minimum to make it worth your while?

AaronP220
1 November 2017, 12:15
I know what once people think this could be a thing, we’ll get more on board. I’m sure UW wants one for his forged lantac build.

Aaron, what is the minimum to make it worth your while?

10 or more would be ideal.

fledge
1 November 2017, 13:16
Aaron, I started a group buy thread to gauge interest. What is the ballpark price if we get 10, 15, 20? I’m sure some people will want to know before committing. Also, when should people expect shipping since these aren’t released yet?