PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T1 and T2 mounts

FortTom
30 June 2017, 07:48
Can someone tell me with certainty that the T1 and T2 mounts are the same? I need to get a mount so I can complete my parts list and get my new project to Axlmut for cerakote. I'm not sure which Aimpoint I'll be using but it'll be one or the other.

Thanks much,

FT[:D]

Slippers
30 June 2017, 08:00
Can someone tell me with certainty that the T1 and T2 mounts are the same? I need to get a mount so I can complete my parts list and get my new project to Axlmut for cerakote. I'm not sure which Aimpoint I'll be using but it'll be one or the other.

Thanks much,

Yes, same mounts. The T2 sits a millimeter or two higher, though. The base is thicker since it has helicoil inserts.

GOST
30 June 2017, 08:17
Slippers is correct as usual. What mounts you looking at? My favorite Aimpoint Micro mount has been Scalarworks' by a big margin.

FortTom
30 June 2017, 08:47
Slippers is correct as usual. What mounts you looking at? My favorite Aimpoint Micro mount has been Scalarworks' by a big margin. Probably B0Bro or ADM.
I realize that a mm isn't much, but would that extrapolate down the length of the barrel to the front sight, enough to keep it from being true co-witness.?

That's probably a stupid question, but I'll go with it.

Slippers
30 June 2017, 08:55
Probably B0Bro or ADM.
I realize that a mm isn't much, but would that extrapolate down the length of the barrel to the front sight, enough to keep it from being true co-witness.?

That's probably a stupid question, but I'll go with it.

Not that it would be noticeable. I use lower 1/3 mounts so I like that the T2 is even a bit higher.

GOST
30 June 2017, 08:57
I have had both of those and like the Bobro better of those two. I liked my Scalarworks better than both of those. It's a whole lot lighter, less than half the weight of either of those. I would like to try the one from KDG.

https://kineticdg.com/product/sidelok-aimpoint-t1-t2-h1-h2/

FortTom
30 June 2017, 09:01
I have had both of those and like the Bobro better of those two. I liked my Scalarworks better than both of those. It's a whole lot lighter, less than half the weight of either of those. I would like to try the one from KDG.

https://kineticdg.com/product/sidelok-aimpoint-t1-t2-h1-h2/

I'll check it out since "light weight" is the 99% of the goal for this project.

FortTom
2 July 2017, 06:24

https://kineticdg.com/product/sidelok-aimpoint-t1-t2-h1-h2/ Checked that one out. It's lower 1/3 co-witness. Don't care for that. It also moves back up on the weight scale.

FT

Stone
2 July 2017, 07:09
If your looking for lightweight and durable the Schalorworks is your best bet...

GOST
2 July 2017, 07:34
Checked that one out. It's lower 1/3 co-witness. Don't care for that. It also moves back up on the weight scale.

FT

Yeah it's a little heavier but I'd like to try it's quick disconnect. Here's the weights from Scalarworks for some micro mounts.

Joelski
2 July 2017, 11:49
The Seekins mount is pretty light and comes in absolute co-witness. The lower third Geissele I just got weighs a ton, but can be used as a bludgeoning tool as opposed to tin foil origami. I'm looking at tall mounts like the MAC, and not seeing a downside.

UWone77
2 July 2017, 12:09
I'll check it out since "light weight" is the 99% of the goal for this project.

If you don't need QD, the Fortis Mount is 1.1oz

alamo5000
2 July 2017, 12:29
I use a T2 with a Cross Machine Tool lower 1/3 mount on my SBR. It's not QD but extremely solid.

SINNER
2 July 2017, 14:09
I've had good luck with Scalarworks products but that mount is severely overpriced. If weight is the primary concern hard to beat that Fortis mount for half the cost. CMT is a good mount. Had one on a Saiga 12 and it never moved. Just pretty plain looking if that matters.

Default.mp3
2 July 2017, 17:09
I've had good luck with Scalarworks products but that mount is severely overpriced. If weight is the primary concern hard to beat that Fortis mount for half the cost. CMT is a good mount. Had one on a Saiga 12 and it never moved. Just pretty plain looking if that matters.It might be quite a bit more expensive than the Fortis, but what makes it overpriced? The Scalarworks is arguably QD, and is made from 7075 rather than 6061 like the Fortis F1.

SINNER
2 July 2017, 19:31
Sorry but thumbscrews are not QD. And when it's $8 more than a Bobro it's overpriced.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 July 2017, 19:34
Sorry but thumbscrews are not QD. And when it's $8 more than a Bobro it's overpriced.

Agree! It's a great mount but think it should be less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
2 July 2017, 20:28
I would not consider the Scalarworks QD by any stretch.

Price of course is all relative. I think the Scalarworks is one of the best designs out there as far as form/function. I like how they are always bringing new mounts to market.

I've purchased 2 at retail, but probably wouldn't purchase any more because of the cost. I wouldn't comment personally on whether or not any product is "overpriced" I'm sure there are R&D costs/tooling/ect to recoup.

FortTom
4 July 2017, 06:18
I read your posts (all of you) and respect your opinions (well most of the time;)), but you missed a couple of points. Weight. Also, 3 seconds or under is "QD" enough for me. Cost is a consideration, always, but in this instance, not necessarily number 1. This whole project is fairly expensive, so another $20.00 isn't going to make that much difference. And I'm still not sure I'm going to end up with what I wanted, but it'll be a cool addition to the clan, so I'll just have to wait and see.[:D]

FT

BoilerUp
4 July 2017, 08:36
I read your posts (all of you) and respect your opinions (well most of the time;)), but you missed a couple of points. Weight. Also, 3 seconds or under is "QD" enough for me. Cost is a consideration, always, but in this instance, not necessarily number 1. This whole project is fairly expensive, so another $20.00 isn't going to make that much difference. And I'm still not sure I'm going to end up with what I wanted, but it'll be a cool addition to the clan, so I'll just have to wait and see.[:D]

FT

Paying more than a Bobro would be hard to swallow, but I have a lightweight build so I understand the attractiveness of the Scalarworks mount and their pricing seems reasonably justified. Besides, it's not like you see a lot of T1s on $500 carbines.

FortTom
4 July 2017, 09:06
Paying more than a Bobro would be hard to swallow, but I have a lightweight build so I understand the attractiveness of the Scalarworks mount and their pricing seems reasonably justified. Besides, it's not like you see a lot of T1s on $500 carbines.

Yeah , BU, I love Bobro mounts, but as this build is very much about weight, the Scalarworks weighs about 1/3 of what the Bobro weighs. Since I've been trying to save ounces on everything I've bought for this so far, I'm not quitting now.[:D]

JGifford
11 July 2017, 01:55
Ultimately, I've moved away from Scalarworks. The attachment mechanism simply doesn't do it for me. Too much movement under recoil.