PDA

View Full Version : Master of Arms Nyx Titanium Deadblow BCG

GOST
13 July 2017, 20:25

The Nyx Titanium Carrier will lighten your load and improve your ride

Reduce reticle bounce
Reduce bolt bounce
Increase reliability by slowing down the mechanism
Slows down ROF on typically speedy rigs like short barreled or suppressed weapons.
Reduces perceived recoil

Features:

Made from Solution Heat Treated and Aged, Grade 5 Titanium
Ti 6Al-4v STA
All machining done post heat treat to insure no warping or dimensional instability
Ionbond’s Diamond Like Carbon Coating insures a long service life
NIB Key attached with quality Belleville washers, no staking required
NIB Cam-pin is less lubricant sensitive than alternatives
Completed with American Made Components
Bolt is 9310 with NIB coating
Extractor is Manganese Phosphate Coated for maximum friction on the case rim
Dead Blow Cage at the back of the carrier holds wave springs and weights for a tuned recoil experience and increased reliability.
3.98oz Carrier + Key
6.10oz BCG
8.25oz BCG + Tungsten weight & springs
Made In America

https://www.masterofarms.com/product/nyx-carrier/

https://www.rainierarms.com/master-of-arms-ar-15-titanium-bolt-carrier-group-w-deadblow-kit/

FortTom
13 July 2017, 20:45
I worked for a company in Dayton OH that specialized in very difficult to machine/work metals for the military. A lot of stuff (super alloys) like Inconel, etc.. I never heard of 'aged" titanium, in college, or in various jobs. My guess would be that it has to do with either hardening or annealing Ti, in a carefully controlled way, but he truth is I don't have a freaking clue. Anyone knows what "aged" Titanium is? Just curious, thanks.

FT[:D]

velocity2006
13 July 2017, 21:21
Ugly machining marks on the port face for a $500 bolt carrier. No domed or enhanced cam pin either. May be it will perform, but I'll pass on being a guinea pig. The whole TI lightweight thing is a bit excessive IMO unless you are doing 3 gun or something.

Aragorn
13 July 2017, 21:24
Weird.

I want to try one. And here I thought I was set on a Cryptic Coatings LW BCG.

SINNER
14 July 2017, 01:40
I worked for a company in Dayton OH that specialized in very difficult to machine/work metals for the military. A lot of stuff (super alloys) like Inconel, etc.. I never heard of 'aged" titanium, in college, or in various jobs. My guess would be that it has to do with either hardening or annealing Ti, in a carefully controlled way, but he truth is I don't have a freaking clue. Anyone knows what "aged" Titanium is? Just curious, thanks.

FT[:D]

Mid range solution heat treatment for extended periods. 10-100+ hours. Temps of the solution depend on thickness of the parts. I've seen it used on high end turbochargers to harden the compressor wheels.