PDA

View Full Version : Grey Ghost Precision Complete Glock Slides by Aero Precision Now available.

UWone77
14 July 2017, 16:13
https://aeroprecisionusa.com/handguns.html

GREY GHOST PRECISION COMPLETE GLOCK® SLIDES NOW AVAILABLE!

We are pleased to announce that Aero Precision (https://aeroprecisionusa.com/handguns.html) has formed a strategic partnership with Grey Ghost Precision (https://aeroprecisionusa.com/handguns.html), a leading manufacturer of accurate, reliable, and attainable weapon systems, to engineer and manufacture a growing line of Glock Slides and pistol components. The intent of this product line is to offer the highest quality, drop in ready slides that are both affordable and attainable. We have paired Grey Ghost Precision’s design and engineering expertise with Aero Precision’s unmatched manufacturing capabilities and quality control to provide a game changing offering in Glock aftermarket parts.

COMPLETE SLIDE DETAILS

The Grey Ghost Precision Glock® slides (https://aeroprecisionusa.com/handguns.html) are the ideal upgrade for your G17 or G19 sidearm. Enhance your stock pistol, or add it to an 80% build for increased accuracy and reliability. These slides are manufactured from 17-4 billet stainless steel to have tighter tolerances than a factory slide, providing increased accuracy and reliability you can count on.

Complete slides are ready to function out of the box. Available for G17 Gen3, G17 Gen4, G19 Gen3 and G19 Gen4, they feature a match grade barrel with threaded and non-threaded options and a RMR Cut with a custom G10 RMR Plate (sights not included).

Select from 2 distinct designs, V1 and V2. The GGP V1 Slide features a ported design with angled lightening cuts for better balance at the muzzle. The GGP V2 slide features a non-ported design with front and rear ‘Geoscales’ for positive grip texture. Both designs are custom engineered to provide reduced weight, better balance, and improved grip and friction when in mud, water and other adverse conditions.

SHOP GGP COMPLETE SLIDES (https://aeroprecisionusa.com/handguns.html)

ABOUT GREY GHOST PRECISION

Grey Ghost Precision produces weapon systems that are accurate, reliable, and attainable while ensuring that these platforms are ready for combat and will stand the rigors of hard use and perform with devastating results. The GGP team collectively has an extensive background in the military and in manufacturing. Rifle and pistol design specifications are directly influenced by a network of industry and shooting sports experts.

When customers include family and friends that use these rifles, pistols and accessories to protect themselves in dangerous environments, you are very serious about their safety and survival. GGP has zeroed in on quality and reliability to ensure that these platforms are ready for combat and will stand the rigors of hard use and perform with devastating results.

mustangfreek
15 July 2017, 03:43
I get it but I don't...why aren't the side serrations pointing the other way

GOST
15 July 2017, 04:49
I still think that the aftermarket slides and barrels are to expensive. The barrels are more expensive than a lot of rifle barrels, and use a fraction of the material. I guess since the AR market is down the manufacturers are diversifying. Crazy to see how the market goes, people are paying as much for an Agency as a Wilson Combat.

Calico Jack
15 July 2017, 13:32
I get it but I don't...why aren't the side serrations pointing the other way
Because science that's why. Just kidding I don't understand the fascination with front slide serrations.

gatordev
15 July 2017, 14:40
Because science that's why. Just kidding I don't understand the fascination with front slide serrations.

Press checks with sweaty hands. If you don't have an interest or existence with either, it's not necessary. But for those that do, front serrations are a godsend (especially in FL!).

voodoo_man
15 July 2017, 18:37
Front slide serrations should have been standard on the gen3's but Glock is slow as fuck.

As for this slide/barrel combo, zev pricing, different aesthetics, all the same stuff as everyone else offers.

They are all a dime a dozen it seems.

Default.mp3
15 July 2017, 19:01
Because science that's why. Just kidding I don't understand the fascination with front slide serrations.Beyond press checks, there are folks that actually prefer to manipulate the slide out front instead of on the back, as you're faster back to a firing grip that way. Frank Proctor is probably the most well-known advocate of this manual of arms I can think of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8cWNj3qQ4

mustangfreek
17 July 2017, 16:36
I agree, have always found myself press checking or what not by using the front of the slide..I'm with voodoo why isn't glock doing more with all that's going on..

I want to like these but everytime I see them , it just looks awkwardly wrong..lol..my OCD says there backwards..

fledge
17 July 2017, 16:41
I want to like these but everytime I see them , it just looks awkwardly wrong..lol..my OCD says there backwards..

I like the cutouts between the serrations. That's about it.

But what about the billboard name across the side? No. If you need your name in big letters on it, you either suck at marketing or your name is the product.

mustangfreek
17 July 2017, 16:55
Same here the cleaner no name/no billboard looks so much better..

gatordev
17 July 2017, 17:06
I agree, have always found myself press checking or what not by using the front of the slide..I'm with voodoo why isn't glock doing more with all that's going on..

As mentioned before in another thread, Glock finally is doing this with their FS and QNS guns. But I agree, it sure took them long enough.

UWone77
18 July 2017, 07:21
Front slide serrations should have been standard on the gen3's but Glock is slow as fuck.

As for this slide/barrel combo, zev pricing, different aesthetics, all the same stuff as everyone else offers.

They are all a dime a dozen it seems.

Actually, ZEV charges $798 MSRP for a complete slide with sights, but you get no rod/spring/barrel. If you want a ZEV barrel/spring/rod, that's going to be another $275ish.

At least with the Aero/GGP you get the complete slide/barrel/spring/rod, but no sights. Which is probably better since you can decide which sights you want to put on. Price wise, very competitive and a lot better pricing than ZEV. Then again I have no idea how good the barrels are. I do know that ZEV barrels shoot very accurate for me, but that's another $250 on top of the slide.

voodoo_man
18 July 2017, 07:35
Actually, ZEV charges $798 MSRP for a complete slide with sights, but you get no rod/spring/barrel. If you want a ZEV barrel/spring/rod, that's going to be another $275ish.

At least with the Aero/GGP you get the complete slide/barrel/spring/rod, but no sights. Which is probably better since you can decide which sights you want to put on. Price wise, very competitive and a lot better pricing than ZEV. Then again I have no idea how good the barrels are. I do know that ZEV barrels shoot very accurate for me, but that's another $250 on top of the slide.

It is all in the same ball park, essentially.