PDA

View Full Version : Surefire SOCOM Closed Tine Warcomp & Flash Hider

GOST
17 July 2017, 17:17

Caliber 5.56 mm (.223 caliber)
Length 2.48 inches

SureFire WARCOMP-556-CTN is a closed tine flash hider that is neutrally ported to aid in recoil management. Compared to that of the open tine adapters, the WARCOMP-CTN for 5.56 caliber weapons mimics that of a traditional birdcage flash hider along with being a rock solid mounting option for SOCOM Series Fast-Attach® suppressors. The muzzle device also has wrench flats machined into the sides of the adapter for aid in installation. The closed tine option does not have as much flash reduction to that of the open tine adapter but still is very capable.

Provides reduction in muzzle flash compared to a plain muzzle, which helps to conceal the shooter’s location and preserve darkadapted vision.
Aids in reduction of muzzle rise allowing shooter to stay on target for faster follow-up shots.
Serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for all SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach® suppressors.
Made in the USA

MSRP $149.00

http://www.surefire.com/warcomp-556-closed-tine-flash-hider.html?utm_source=campaigner&utm_campaign=closed-tine-warcomp-sfct&cmp=1&utm_medium=email

5.56 mm (.223 caliber)
Length 2.33 inches

SFCT-556-1/2-28
SureFire adapters serve as rock-solid, precision mounting platforms for SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach Suppressors, as well as, serving as a standalone muzzle device. The SureFire Closed Tine adapters closely represents a traditional birdcage flash hider along with having wrench flats for ease of installation. Just like the other SOCOM muzzle devices, this adpter is precision machined from heat-treated stainless steel which is highly resistant to gas and particle erosion. Additional these adapter utilize multiple bearing surfaces to ensure proper suppressor alignment every time.

CNC-machined to precisely align suppressor with the bore of host weapon
Made from heat-treated stainless steel that is highly resistant to corrosion and gas/particle erosion
Highly effective flash hider that significantly reduces.
Made in the USA

MSRP $135.00

http://www.surefire.com/sfct-556-closed-tine-flash-hider.html?utm_source=campaigner&utm_campaign=closed-tine-warcomp-sfct&cmp=1&utm_medium=email

gatordev
18 July 2017, 14:30
Wait...SF said they were NOT releasing the SFCT because it didn't provide any additional gain over the Warcomp CTN. And now they're saying they're releasing them? Grrr.... Guess I'll be trying to sell my Warcomp CTN that's in the mail from DSG.

If they are releasing the SFCT, hallelujah. We've only been waiting for an updated -212A for how long?

UWone77
18 July 2017, 14:43
Wait...SF said they were NOT releasing the SFCT because it didn't provide any additional gain over the Warcomp CTN. And now they're saying they're releasing them? Grrr.... Guess I'll be trying to sell my Warcomp CTN that's in the mail from DSG.

If they are releasing the SFCT, hallelujah. We've only been waiting for an updated -212A for how long?

A few years ago I snagged 4 212A's for $50 each on a closeout deal. Been waiting for a SOCOM version since as well, just never thought it would ever get here!

gatordev
18 July 2017, 15:30
Same same. I think I still have one -212A in the OEM wrapper, and I just couldn't bring myself to put it on the 416. And now this happens. #thanksobama

UWone77
18 July 2017, 15:34
Same same. I think I still have one -212A in the OEM wrapper, and I just couldn't bring myself to put it on the 416. And now this happens. #thanksobama

I put a Warcomp on one of the 416's. At this point, I probably won't swap it out.

gatordev
18 July 2017, 18:26
I did the same (Warcomp open tine), I just didn't like all of the gas and relative brake-like noise when standing off-set from a Warcomp (on another gun I've stood next to) given the lack of actual brake-like muzzle flip reduction. At least the Warcomp CT has fewer gas ports.

That said, now that the Warcomp is on there, and I absolutely loathe timing muzzle devices only slightly more than cleaning Rockset off of muzzle threads, I'll just leave the Warcomp open tine on there and survive this First-World challenge.

Slippers
18 July 2017, 20:06
That said, now that the Warcomp is on there, and I absolutely loathe timing muzzle devices only slightly more than cleaning Rockset off of muzzle threads, I'll just leave the Warcomp open tine on there and survive this First-World challenge.

A Q-tip or damp rag and tap water cleans off rocksett in just a couple swipes. Follow it up with rubbing alcohol to make sure all the water is gone. [:D]

gatordev
19 July 2017, 02:58
A Q-tip or damp rag and tap water cleans off rocksett in just a couple swipes. Follow it up with rubbing alcohol to make sure all the water is gone. [:D]

I find I have a little better luck by just dipping the threads in boiling water, which is almost as easy. I was just being overly dramatic. I do hate timing them, though.

Slippers
19 July 2017, 05:50
I find I have a little better luck by just dipping the threads in boiling water, which is almost as easy. I was just being overly dramatic. I do hate timing them, though.

At least Surefire has the best shims compared to anyone.

gatordev
19 July 2017, 14:20
At least Surefire has the best shims compared to anyone.

No doubt. I remember trying to "beat" the shim math one time, thinking I might be able to use tolerance stacking to my advantage. Nope. I do find that installing/timing them is much easier with an actual fixed-torque torque wrench rather than a "bendy, needle points to a rough equivalent of the torque"-type torque wrench.

JGifford
24 July 2017, 01:29
I've been running mine for half a year or so, and it works very well.