PDA

View Full Version : RADIAN WEAPONS RAPTOR-LT AMBIDEXTROUS CHARGING HANDLE

GOST
24 July 2017, 16:24

Meet the newest member of the Radian family: Raptor-LT. Utilizing the same patented ambidextrous functionality as its predecessor, the Raptor-LT handles are machined from 7075 aluminum, MILSPEC Type III hard anodized, then over-molded with high-strength, fiberglass reinforced polymer for the ultimate combination of strength, weight, and durability. Compatible with AR15/M16 or AR10/SR25-pattern rifles, the Raptor-LT is available in black, flat dark earth, and grey, all designed to match standard Magpul® color offerings. Like all Radian products, the Raptor-LT comes with a limited lifetime warranty, and is 100% designed and manufactured in the USA.

MSRP $59.95

https://radianweapons.com/accessories/charging-handles/raptor-lt-ambidextrous-charging-handle

Stone
24 July 2017, 17:45
Good price and great idea. I wonder how it handles when its wet. Someday I hope these company's that make CH's will figure out that anodizing the main shaft is subpar compared to using something like Microslick. Hint, hint...[pop]

fledge
24 July 2017, 18:10
Radian makes an slick NP3 version. The struggle is coating it and keeping the price down.

UWone77
24 July 2017, 18:15
Good price and great idea. I wonder how it handles when its wet. Someday I hope these company's that make CH's will figure out that anodizing the main shaft is subpar compared to using something like Microslick. Hint, hint...[pop]

I haven't heard much about microslick since the Next Generation Arms guns basically microslick'ed everything.

inthegame
24 July 2017, 19:34
Good offering/price for the current down market

Joelski
24 July 2017, 20:53
Polymer? Not compelling. I'm getting old, so I claim my right to stick to certain things. Nothing wrong with recipe #1.

GOST
25 July 2017, 02:16
I liked the Rainier Raptor recipe #1 also that had no laser etching and steel latches. They were heavy though. Recipe #2 with the aluminum latches are good also. I would like to see Radian make one with solid latches like the prototypes.

UWone77
25 July 2017, 08:01
The steel latches were beating up uppers. I've got some wear on an upper with steel latches. It personally didn't bother me, but I could see how people would complain.

I like the new price point on this Raptor.

SINNER
25 July 2017, 08:11
Polymer? Not compelling. I'm getting old, so I claim my right to stick to certain things. Nothing wrong with recipe #1.

By that logic, everyone should still be running Colt cast aluminum stocks on all AR's.

Joelski
25 July 2017, 09:20
By that logic, everyone should still be running Colt cast aluminum stocks on all AR's.
If I liked them I would. That's the amazing thing about freedom of choice!

RadianNick
25 July 2017, 10:35

To clarify, the Raptor-LT has CNC machined 7075 aluminum MILSPEC Type III hard anodized cores in the center of the handles. The aluminum piece is actually inserted into the mold, then the polymer is shot around and through the metal to form a permanent bond. It's the best of both worlds, really.

RadianNick
25 July 2017, 10:38

We are experimenting with a number of new coatings, but as fledge mentioned, NP3 is available as an option currently.

RadianNick
25 July 2017, 10:43

Soldier Systems posted our release on Facebook and the first two comments were 1) guy complaining about it being lighter and cheaper; and 2) guy complaining that it is available in "tactical" colors. You can't please everyone, so don't bother trying.

GOST
25 July 2017, 10:52
Thanks for posting Nick.

Joelski
25 July 2017, 11:09
I feel like I need to state that my post was not a criticism, just my observation, heavily influenced by my own experiences and opinions (nobody, consumer guy). I have zero issues with the first one and am not on a quest to shave ounces. Other people will praise it as a godsend. Original vs. extra crispy.. as long as the Colonel is selling it, it's all good. The people that should be pissed are the competitors; in this market, Radian is not marketing the silliest advancement to turn a buck.

Duffy
25 July 2017, 11:35
I'd imagine it to be more expensive than the non-coated version, this is better and less expensive? A winning formula in my opinion ;)

RadianNick
25 July 2017, 14:20
I feel like I need to state that my post was not a criticism, just my observation, heavily influenced by my own experiences and opinions (nobody, consumer guy). I have zero issues with the first one and am not on a quest to shave ounces. Other people will praise it as a godsend. Original vs. extra crispy.. as long as the Colonel is selling it, it's all good. The people that should be pissed are the competitors; in this market, Radian is not marketing the silliest advancement to turn a buck.

Totally understood, and I definitely didn't take offense to your comments - just wanted to add some clarity, as many people don't realize there is hard anodized aluminum under the polymer. It's a really cool product that has been in development for almost a year - I think you'll like it once you play with it in person.

Joelski
25 July 2017, 14:44
Two words aside from thanks for all the great products: upper receivers!

Oh, and barrels. Us working guys gotta buy our rifles a piece at a time.

fledge
25 July 2017, 15:53
Inside view.

https://i.imgur.com/uZ1Ej9O.jpg

Slippers
25 July 2017, 16:18
I am curious what it would look like without the overmold. Kind of a raptor "small." [:D]

inthegame
25 July 2017, 16:52
In for 1

Stone
25 July 2017, 17:57
We are experimenting with a number of new coatings, but as fledge mentioned, NP3 is available as an option currently.

Good to hear! The NP3 is a little to flashy for me, I need to be low profile.

RadianNick
25 July 2017, 21:23
Two words aside from thanks for all the great products: upper receivers!

Oh, and barrels. Us working guys gotta buy our rifles a piece at a time.

1 month out on upper/hand guard sets!

UWone77
25 July 2017, 21:50

Thanks for chiming in Nick. Hope to say hi to Josh at TRIGGRCON

titanse05
26 July 2017, 04:52
No, seriously when will they be available? I got told one month out a few times 6 months ago. LOL

I got tired of waiting and bought a complete upper. Took two months to get it and finally took delivery yesterday. It sure is a beautiful piece. Can't wait to get out and shoot it this weekend.

RadianNick
26 July 2017, 10:02
No, seriously when will they be available? I got told one month out a few times 6 months ago. LOL

I got tired of waiting and bought a complete upper. Took two months to get it and finally took delivery yesterday. It sure is a beautiful piece. Can't wait to get out and shoot it this weekend.

Finally a month out for real. The barrel nut wrench has been the bane of my existence but it's finally done!

titanse05
26 July 2017, 10:12
Finally a month out for real. The barrel nut wrench has been the bane of my existence but it's finally done!That's great to hear Nick.

Default.mp3
26 July 2017, 11:38
I don't suppose y'all have any further news on an AX762 or whatever you'd like to call a large frame AR receiver set?

RadianNick
26 July 2017, 15:08
I don't suppose y'all have any further news on an AX762 or whatever you'd like to call a large frame AR receiver set?

No updates there, unfortunately.

Joelski
26 July 2017, 16:02
I am curious what it would look like without the overmold. Kind of a raptor "small." [:D]

A Skeletor!

titanse05
23 September 2017, 13:50
Finally a month out for real. The barrel nut wrench has been the bane of my existence but it's finally done!Like I said before... nearly 2 months later....

No really when are the stripped upper/handguards going to be available? Lol

Joelski
23 September 2017, 14:49
Like I said before... nearly 2 months later....

No really when are the stripped upper/handguards going to be available? Lol
Yep.

Ready to give up. Now I might as well have a fucking umbrella group lower. I've been waiting, cash in hand, now it'll sell out and be vapor. I gotta move this shit before I'm stuck with it.

titanse05
24 September 2017, 14:59
Yep.

Ready to give up. Now I might as well have a fucking umbrella group lower. I've been waiting, cash in hand, now it'll sell out and be vapor. I gotta move this shit before I'm stuck with it.Yeah I'm glad I got a deal on a complete upper from OpticsPlanet. Otherwise a complete summer of enjoyment would have been lost.

But I still want a stripped upper and handguard for the next build utilizing a ADM UIC lower that I ended up paying $165 for. :)

fledge
24 September 2017, 15:48
Titan, what kind of deal was it?

I think marketing is holding up the release of the stripped uppers. They released the LT then the MPX. They can’t saturate the market all at once and these uppers are the most anticipated release of their history. I anticipate some build-up once marketing throws the switch.

UWone77
24 September 2017, 16:59
Titan, what kind of deal was it?

I think marketing is holding up the release of the stripped uppers. They released the LT then the MPX. They can’t saturate the market all at once and these uppers are the most anticipated release of their history. I anticipate some build-up once marketing throws the switch.

Plus I don't think some people realize Radian is actually a relatively small shop. With all the new products they are releasing, there is only so much machine time.

titanse05
24 September 2017, 18:42
Titan, what kind of deal was it?I picked up a duty uic lower on labor day for 10% off and included a free B5 Sopmod stock. Sold stock and it ended up costing $165 when it was all said and done.

I can't find the blemishes on this one....

titanse05
24 September 2017, 18:46
Plus I don't think some people realize Radian is actually a relatively small shop. With all the new products they are releasing, there is only so much machine time.I know they are a small shop and thats why they seemingly take forever to deliver..... but I've been told one more month since March. Name changed but little else did. I was told back then they were waiting on packaging, then it was the barrel wrenches. I love their products but damn they are killing me on this one.

Just wrap the stuff in bubble wrap and I'll use my own wrench. Brownells wrench and the Fortis switch wrench both work....

fledge
24 September 2017, 18:50
Titan, that was the Radian upper deal?

titanse05
24 September 2017, 18:56
Titan, that was the Radian upper deal?Oh that, the upper I wanted was $100ish less than direct from Radian. On top of that it was another 10% off. Paid $1223 then after selling the flash hider that was on it and getting a credit for the brake it was supposed to have, I have $1091 in it. So I was happy with that.

fledge
24 September 2017, 18:58
That’s a good deal considering the barrel quality.

Joelski
25 September 2017, 06:10
Plus I don't think some people realize Radian is actually a relatively small shop. With all the new products they are releasing, there is only so much machine time.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. Not the small supply, but the essentially absent restock.

titanse05
25 September 2017, 06:48
That’s a good deal considering the barrel quality.Agreed it is a beautiful setup. I took it apart and everything is well made. Which is part of the reason I still want another upper/handguard.... Lol

fledge
25 September 2017, 06:58
Agreed it is a beautiful setup. I took it apart and everything is well made. Which is part of the reason I still want another upper/handguard.... Lol

Same here.

Speaking of, we need UW to post up more pics of his Radian rifle to tie us over.

titanse05
25 September 2017, 10:36
Same here.

Speaking of, we need UW to post up more pics of his Radian rifle to tie us over.This one ain't so bad. ;)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4348/35826560163_83d27b1e18_c.jpg

titanse05
25 September 2017, 10:40
But hallelujah they are on the site now!!!! GOGOGO!

UWone77
25 September 2017, 10:54
This one ain't so bad. ;)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4348/35826560163_83d27b1e18_c.jpg

Sweet Sick dude!

fledge
25 September 2017, 11:16
Well, that release was quick!! LOL

Price is around what I figured. Nice that it comes with the Raptor.

titanse05
25 September 2017, 11:18
Well, that release was quick!! LOL

Price is around what I figured. Nice that it comes with the Raptor.Except when you don't need one.......but high quality gear is still pretty easy to sell even now.

I wonder if Brownells will end up carrying these as well.

UWone77
25 September 2017, 11:29
I kept saying no more SBR's, but I gotta do a Radian. [BD]