PDA

View Full Version : Does the DD rail mounted push-button QD sling mount limit rotation?

clasky
26 September 2007, 18:16
I thought I saw someone say this on another board and am very interested. All my AR's utilize the push button mount. I currently use the Tango Down PR-4 in the rear and the KAC MWS at the front. I like the push button system because it allows me to completely remove the sling without leaving any webbing attached.

My only complaint is that the Uncle Mike's push buttons rotate freely and can twist up the sling.

Is it true that the Daniel Defense version will limit the rotation?

Stickman
26 September 2007, 18:52
The older ones didn't, but the new ones I've used have had the rotation limiter built in. There are a few guys from the Daniel Defense team here, and they should be able to give you a solid answer.

ETA- I grow quickly tired of a twisted up sling as well, I can't see why someone would want full rotation for that piece, but there are people out there who do...

SuicideHz
26 September 2007, 19:18
Stickman is right. I can show you a picture of each if you will give me the time to take one of each!

The type that has the C-shaped clamp for the bottom edge does not limit travel. I also have a newer version where the main body is different- it has a small edge that covers the C-shaped clamp and has the two "Ds" intertwined. That one DOES limit the movement.

I am not sure if there are hybrids in between but probably not. I can't say for sure though.

If you order new you won't have full 360 rotation. I don't know how you'd like to measure the amount but it's like 45d of rotation- no more.

Stickman
26 September 2007, 19:20
Good eye, I've never noticed that!

clasky
27 September 2007, 08:59
Outstanding! Thanks for the info!

clasky
30 September 2007, 05:37
OK. Been looking around and I haven't found any dealers that specifically call out this feature in the descriptions of their DD mounts. Since I'm not too familiar with DD products, I'm not sure I can recognize what I'm looking for from dealers' pics. Can anybody point me in the right direction with a link?

Gear Sector
30 September 2007, 06:54
Clasky,

For what its worth, both Daniel Defense and myself (http://www.gearsector.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=100)have the anti-rotational rail mount qd swivel mounts listed and the descriptions do mention the anti-rotation feature.

Marler5811
30 September 2007, 20:22
Clasky,

Both our Rail Mount QD Swivel Attachment Point and Offset model offer limited rotation to eliminate the operators sling from becoming twisted. The Swivel can be positioned in a vertical or horizontal position.

gotm4
2 October 2007, 03:26
Mine is one of the newer one with the built in stops and it works well with the Vickers CAG sling.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/today002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/today001.jpg

John Hwang
2 October 2007, 08:44
Sweet carbine. Is that a riser under your Aimpoint or is that apart of the rail design?

clasky
2 October 2007, 12:03
Sweet carbine. Is that a riser under your Aimpoint or is that apart of the rail design?

Looks like a KAC RAS II

gotm4
3 October 2007, 05:59
Looks like a KAC RAS II

That is correct it's a Knights Armament RASII, that is the 'hump that secures it to the top rail. It requires the LaRue RASII Aimpoint mount to make the Aimpoint cowitness in the lower 1/3. It's a great rail, just 'dated' a little by todays standards.

SuicideHz
3 October 2007, 16:27
It seems you are asking how you can find out if a particular model has this feature- they all do. All of the new ones do and I don't think the old exist anymore.