PDA

View Full Version : Forward Controls SBCG

Duffy
4 August 2017, 07:45
As many of you know, Wiley Arms in Arlington, TX makes most, and soon all of our parts for us. We've never pretended to make anything in house, and always disclosed the shops that make our components for us. We've settled on Wiley Arms, because they're an absolute joy to work with, they can hold the tolerances we demand, and they never cut corners.

This year alone, we've introduced three new products: 6315, EMR-A, and ABC/R v2, 7.62mm, all of which are made by Wiley Arms for Forward Controls.

The fourth product we're working on is in the main based on Wiley Arms' own bolt carrier, with Forward Controls designed changes, we're receiving Ned Christiansen and Sionics support in the effort.

As to what SBCG means, I'll say it's just a logical and practical change, but not what the S stands for yet, you know I'm a tease :P It will be properly staked, we're using considerable resources to do just that one part.

I refuse to use "enhanced" in any of our products going forward. Our early products do have that word (EMR, EMR-C), and since the ambi mag release is in the mag release product family, it inherited the E in it namesake EMR-A. How does one define "enhanced"? It can be so insignificant in results as to be completely negligible and immaterial, and doesn't describe what the the "enhanced" product actually enhances.

No ETA at the moment, as we're in very early stages of the project. As always, we will post first look pics and far more detailed info here first.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 August 2017, 08:00
Sounds like I'll be getting a BCG in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
4 August 2017, 08:39
Roger you're one of the worst teases.

Aragorn
4 August 2017, 09:32
God dammit and I had just settled on a Cryptic Coatings LW BCG...

FML

Duffy
4 August 2017, 10:03
Come on ghost, I have revealed quite a bit about it already [:D]

The changes we'll be making on the carrier are the carrier key screws (not our own design), staking will be done by Sionics, and one last part that's really quite minor. Wiley Arms BCG is out there for all to see, ours will look very much like it, though without the WILEY engraving, it'll have a tiny Cygnus logo instead.

GOST
4 August 2017, 11:01
So like this but not?

Duffy
4 August 2017, 11:26
The carrier is mostly like that, save for the S part in the SBCG. It will have a very small Cygnus logo in place of the engraved WILEY, but that's just cosmetic and didn't get a lot of attention, I actually went out of my way to make the logo inconspicuous and small, we're selling a product, not our logo.

The bolt will be different, as are the gas key screws.

UWone77
4 August 2017, 11:36
So will this FCD BCG be slid into a future FCD Upper? [:D]

Duffy
4 August 2017, 11:46
It can be :P

The upper too is based on Wiley Arms' own upper, with couple of minor changes, all practical, none cosmetic. Well it will have a tiny Cygnus logo somewhere, but I'll make it hard to find and inconspicuous as always [BD]

Tyrannosaur
4 August 2017, 12:27
I'll start saving, can't wait to see this.

Joelski
4 August 2017, 13:38
It can't be "SUPER"; that'd be Geissele. ;)

And Gost is right, for a self-proclaimed cagey fellow, you leak like an 80 year-old woman at the comedy club. [:D]

GOST
4 August 2017, 14:01
Sounds like we better get the mop.

din
4 August 2017, 15:42
Swan BCG?

https://youtu.be/jaaMAuwwHPc

Slippers
4 August 2017, 16:39
You're going to use Ned's new gas key screws, I suspect.

Duffy
4 August 2017, 19:46
Yep we'll be using Ned's gas key screws. I have to downplay the S part in the SBCG, it's really a minor change that most people won't care about. The most important part is the gas key stacking, and the use of Ned's screws to facilitate that.

We are not making claims of how it's enhanced in any way, just that it'll be very reliable. The S part of its namesake is quite unimportant.

It's not swan or super :P

Stone
4 August 2017, 19:52
So will this FCD BCG be slid into a future FCD Upper? [:D]

Or it will be standard in a FCD rifle... Or maybe a special run of stripped forged lowers with your logo.[pop]
You can put me down for one. Just a one time run so they become ultra rare...

Duffy
4 August 2017, 20:16
If I can find someone willing to make the changes we have in mind. There are some little but meaningful ergonomics changes I've thought of that can be put on a lower, just need to find a manufacturer that sees them as useful and marketable, and can make them for itself, all we ask is a tiny logo of ours somewhere to note FCD's involvement.

Uppers are easier, as the changes we'll be making are fewer, there aren't a lot to be done to really improve an upper, but ours will be somewhat unique because nobody else has done it yet.

Stone
5 August 2017, 17:06
What about Mega? Couldn't they do a run of like 50 forged lowers for you? I am pretty sure you could get the majority of them sold here even on a pre-sale to confirm commitment. We all know your a extremely trustworthy man. I would like to see a decent sized logo of yours on the magwell. I know UW would take at least 5 of these.:P

Joelski
5 August 2017, 17:18
Yep we'll be using Ned's gas key screws. I have to downplay the S part in the SBCG, it's really a minor change that most people won't care about. The most important part is the gas key stacking, and the use of Ned's screws to facilitate that.

We are not making claims of how it's enhanced in any way, just that it'll be very reliable. The S part of its namesake is quite unimportant.

It's not swan or super :P

I knew it. It's SMOOT.

Joelski
5 August 2017, 17:19
What about Mega? Couldn't they do a run of like 50 forged lowers for you? I am pretty sure you could get the majority of them sold here even on a pre-sale to confirm commitment. We all know your a extremely trustworthy man. I would like to see a decent sized logo of yours on the magwell. I know UW would take at least 5 of these.:P

I'm still pissed I missed out on the Fathom run.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 August 2017, 17:22
I'm still pissed I missed out on the Fathom run.

So buy the BCG in the classifieds and then get the next run. You'd be set.

Cotton68spc
5 August 2017, 17:36
Roger you're one of the worst teases.

100 % agreed lol

Duffy
5 August 2017, 18:03
We can work with Rainier Arms, assuming they're interested. Mega has been bought out by Zev, I don't know if Jason Curns is still there. I think RA may be more agreeable to it, but things are slow, I don't know if they'd want to take on something like this.

Stone
5 August 2017, 18:22
Sounds good, keep us posted. Just promise me you wont shave off the selector stops. Sorry for side tracking the thread. Will the BCG be coated in NiB? Or something else?

Duffy
5 August 2017, 18:29
Carrier will be NiB coated, we will deviate from Wiley Arms BCG in we'll be using a different bolt. Re: selector stops, they're only necessary for M16 receivers, as M16 selectors can be easily over rotated past SAFE and BURST/AUTO positions. But I haven't though of the stops since my days at Battle Arms lol, the presence or absence of them doesn't affect ergonomics, so I paid them scant thought [:D]

fledge
5 August 2017, 19:27
I'm gone for a day and miss all the excitement.

Standing in line with dinero.

And a limited edition lower with the FC logo mill engraved ... some things sound too good to be true.

Stone
5 August 2017, 20:35
Carrier will be NiB coated, we will deviate from Wiley Arms BCG in we'll be using a different bolt. Re: selector stops, they're only necessary for M16 receivers, as M16 selectors can be easily over rotated past SAFE and BURST/AUTO positions. But I haven't though of the stops since my days at Battle Arms lol, the presence or absence of them doesn't affect ergonomics, so I paid them scant thought [:D]

Fully agree with the original design on the selector stops but feel they still play an important role today on a semi auto rifle. Whether by design or on accident I think that in the event of a fall with the rifle, or a dropped rifle, a direct impact on a safety selector without the stops could possibly render a rifle inoperable. It may end up stuck on safe or be jammed up and not allow the trigger to function. Whether in combat, or a self defensive situation a non functioning weapon is a bad thing. While training I have taken a few spills down a muddy hill, tripped over logs and have gotten snagged up in some real thick over growth. The chances may be slim but none the less it stills exists. I would rather have them than not because some engineer somewhere sitting behind a desk designing their latest lower receiver decided it was out dated and decided not to incorporate them. More and more I am seeing lowers with them shaved off. Case in point the BAD lower, I wanted to get one for a build but decided against it for this reason. For a guy that just takes his AR to the range once a month that may be fine, but their are still some of us that beat the living snot out of our gear and run it like it was intended to be used. Sometimes its the little advantages that end up making a bigger difference. How many times has something happened to us in life and then we say "what were the odds of that happening"[bash]

Joelski
5 August 2017, 20:50
So buy the BCG in the classifieds and then get the next run. You'd be set.

Already got one of those. Haven't heard about a next run, have you?

Duffy
5 August 2017, 21:04
I was still there when the forged lower was being decided, but I think I might have argued for them to stay, you never know when someone was going to drop a RDIAS or Lightning LInk in there. Their lightweight lower probably did away with them to save weight.

I'm not on the light weight wagon, none of the small changes have to do with weight saving, I think that boat sailed long ago.

UWone77
5 August 2017, 21:24

Hahaha... I'm in 5 of nothing.

But I would support FCD and buy an upper/BCG

din
5 August 2017, 23:21
Roger, why NiB instead of NP3? I was excited until I saw that.

Duffy
6 August 2017, 01:07
The carrier now has EXO/NiB finish http://www.uctcoatings.com/capabilities/coatings/

Re: NP3, stay tuned, I like to offer options :P This is a very small initial run. Personally, I don't pay much attention to the finish, Colt's phosphate finish works fine when properly lubed. I do like when it's easier to clean and smooth.

GOST
6 August 2017, 04:10
Roger, why NiB instead of NP3? I was excited until I saw that.

Din you may like the UCT EXO NiB, it's slicker than regular NiB coatings. It's the coating on Lantac's E-BCG. The friction coefficient of EXO is 0.2, normal NiB is around 0.8. While it doesn't have the friction coefficient of 0.01 like Cryptic Coating's Mystic Black, I do like the EXO on my Lantac better than the NiB on some of my other BCG.

GOST
6 August 2017, 04:15
Re: NP3, stay tuned, I like to offer options :P

I know it's expensive but have you checked out Cryptic Coating's Mystic Black? The reviews I've read from people running this BCG have been extremely good.

http://www.crypticcoatings.com/mystic-black-bolt-carrier-group-coating/

Stone
6 August 2017, 05:55
The Mystic black is at the top of a short list for my next build. I would love to see Lantacs or LWRC's one piece carrier coated in that. That would seal the deal for me. Your right Gost the EXO finish seems to hold up better than the standard NiB...

Duffy
6 August 2017, 06:35
NP3's cost is a concern, we have to look into it, and may be able to get cost to a manageable level (for the small quantity we're doing). So far, I'm not of the belief the very low friction coefficient is justified by the cost I've seen.

SBCG isn't meant to be the most expensive, with the most exotic coating and claims of enhancements. I think the one piece carrier has a load of possible unforeseen consequences, and may well be a case of just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

GOST
6 August 2017, 08:16
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?7435-Cryptic-Coatings-BCG-10K-rounds-Review

fledge
6 August 2017, 08:44
I've had regular NiB wear off. I've not had that experience with EXO or NP3. I'd rather have nitride or phosphate than NiB.

din
6 August 2017, 14:34
I didn't know that NP3 was that much more expensive than NiB. When you mentioned Sionics' involvement, I just assumed that you'd be going with NP3; maybe they get it cheaper because of how many BCGs they have coated, but they're also not a huge manufacturer. To be fair, I haven't used anything with the EXO coating, but regular NiB has been less than impressive so I'm not in a huge rush to try it out. Right now I have phosphated carriers, hard chrome, Micro Slick, and NP3, and NP3 is my favorite by a lot, to the point I haven't used anything but a Sionics carrier in my last 5 builds.

Duffy
6 August 2017, 14:54
din, Sionics can help with many aspects of this project, I need to balance this so I don't unintentionally compete with them directly.

din
6 August 2017, 15:09
Understood completely. I'm just a huge fan of Sionics, and a huge fan of FCD, so...you know.

Joelski
6 August 2017, 15:30
I've had regular NiB wear off. I've not had that experience with EXO or NP3. I'd rather have nitride or phosphate than NiB.

I've had the bearing surface of two NP3 treated carriers wear off. I just chalk it up to use and mating surface wear. Is that not a common thing? Im asking seriously because I only have phosphate treated carriers to compare my experiences to.

gatordev
6 August 2017, 17:34
Would it be fair to say that not all coatings are applied equally across manufacturers? I have a NiB carrier that has over 3K on, all of it with highly corrosive ammo (over 1K select-fire), and it's only fault is that it's not shiny anymore. Meanwhile I have several phosphate carriers with over 2K rounds that show wear.

To me, the important point is that all of them function just fine, so other than ease of cleaning, I'd argue there's too much made about coatings compared to what actually matters. Magazines and gas systems seem to be far more problematic than coatings, at least in my experience.

Duffy
6 August 2017, 18:33
I was tying to find a diplomatic way of saying it, but gatordev did it for me. I too think there's too much emphasis on the coating, I honestly didn't pay much attention to it, I know it is now UCT NiB coated, and Sionics can hook me up with NP3 as well if we want it.

SBCG's emphasis is on reliability, its coating is a nice touch but not its selling point. We'll talk about the bolt next :)

Stickman
6 August 2017, 18:47
We'll talk about the bolt next :)

Honestly this is what I've been waiting for. The bolt.

din
6 August 2017, 19:11
S = Splendiferous?

aamp84
6 August 2017, 21:47
Coatings on the carrier aren't all that important, at least in my opinion. But if you do decide to look at other options, please give DLC a gander.

Pyzik
7 August 2017, 05:12
I must not have ever noticed that you use Wiley Arms as your machine shop. I don't think I've ever noticed them before. Just started following them on IG and FB.

BCG looks great. Interested on what the "S" stands for and how different the bolt itself will be.

Stone
7 August 2017, 06:15
S= Staked

Duffy
7 August 2017, 07:44
It will be staked ;)

Wiley Arms used to be (and still is) an OEM user, they build precision rigs. I'd like to use their lower as a template, alas they're very busy, we'll work on the upper first, as it has fewer changes.

Stone
7 August 2017, 13:43
"We'll talk about the bolt next :)" [pop]

Duffy
11 August 2017, 13:27
Considering offering options on bolts (user's choice)

Meanwhile...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/SBCGkeyscrew2_zpsxsuz4gz0.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/SBCGkeyscrew2_zpsxsuz4gz0.jpg.html)

GOST
11 August 2017, 19:11
^The OCKS^

din
11 August 2017, 19:23
Make one of the bolt options a 6.5 Grendel and you can have my sister's firstborn son.

Stone
12 August 2017, 19:07
We are going to need to see a pic of her before that could go any further.[pop]

@ Duffy. Are the recesses on the bolt head so the swaged material from the carrier key actually bite/bind into something?

Duffy
12 August 2017, 21:13
Lots of info on the OCKS on m4carbine.net http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?195130-On-loose-carrier-key-screws

OCKS, provided they're properly staked, add another layer of assurance the screws will not back out. It's a rather smart and yet simple implementation, wish I had thought of it first [BD]

Duffy
3 November 2017, 08:33
We're couple of weeks before product launch, so now we can show some pics :P

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/SBCGprototype_zpsqzgpehbc.png (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/SBCGprototype_zpsqzgpehbc.png.html)

This is an SBCG prototype. The laser engraving took up a lot more time than I cared to spend, mostly to make it small, which is a problem when it's TOO small lol. I want the wing span of the Cygnus to be no wider than 0.25, the engraver talked me out of it so it's now slightly bigger, but still on the inconspicuous side.

The prototype doesn't have the gas key. As stated previously, the secure staking aspect is the heart of the SBCG. SBCGs will be sent to Sionics to have OCKS installed and staked, also using Ned's industrial strength staking machine.

The serrations you see (or might have missed) are the "slick side" portion, for folks with uppers sans a forward assist. The area forward of the two gas vents can be used to push the carrier forward, the serrations simply make doing so easier than a finger on a normally smooth surface. Throughout the thread, I've downplayed this part of the SBCG, because it is a minor change/improvement, we've seen such implementation on some G3 carriers, and the half moon shape cutout on the UMP bolt carrier serves the same purpose.

Despite the assertion that the area is meant to be used as a forward assist, I disagree, I'll need to take this up with Chris Bartocci to get the real answer. It's concave to accommodate the ejection port's spring loaded ball bearing "bump", I don't believe it was designed for a finger to push on it. Nevertheless, it does have the shape to be used in that fashion, so we added serrations to make pushing on it easier.

Pyzik
3 November 2017, 08:36
I like the serrations for your thumb/finger, noticed them and knew what they were for immediately.

Duffy
3 November 2017, 09:10
SBCG marks the last of our 2017 product offering. This year saw the introduction of 7.62mm spec ABC/R v2, EMR-A, 6315, and just yesterday, URF. SBCG has been significantly delayed, I would have liked to have it available for purchase at the same time as URF.

For 2018, we may see an URF2 and a castle nut done Forward Controls way, simple one piece ring as the original, but can be more securely staked than the TDP spec unit.

Joelski
3 November 2017, 12:02
SEXY!!

http://rs435.pbsrc.com/albums/qq78/Mydnyte-1/-%20DAY%20--%20Birthday/birthday--RonJeremy.gif~c200

gatordev
3 November 2017, 13:36
We're couple of weeks before product launch, so now we can show some pics :P

That's a really strange looking Glock slide, but I'm sure UWone will buy 3.

Duffy
3 November 2017, 14:13
Hahaha [BD]

fledge
3 November 2017, 14:17
Duffy, I prefer no forward assist and glad see this. Logo looks good too.

UWone77
3 November 2017, 14:22

You should definitely rattle can it and make it look legit first. Then I might consider a 3x purchase.

Duffy
3 November 2017, 15:18
We spent a lot of time on the logo because we wanted it smaller lol.

Aragorn
4 November 2017, 21:00
How about the bolt? Any cool changes there? And any chances of bolts being available separately?

Duffy
4 November 2017, 21:37
Bolts will be plated as the carrier, I'd like to offer other bolts as options as well. No changes have been made to the bolt. The only non-factory bolt I like is the LMT bolt, and we can't copy that [BD]

cjd3
5 November 2017, 00:06
I’m in for the SLBCG, just like the URFL. Need more L

Duffy
5 November 2017, 06:42
Already working on the URF without the FA, not sure what to call it yet. Adding a version number works but it's confusing, maybe URFS (semi slick, as the shell deflector will remain) :P

Duffy
8 November 2017, 15:37
SBCG looks even better inside an AR (not that we were shooting for that kind of stuff [BD])

This is a prototype, one last change and we're off to the production run.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_2945_zpsjimaalli.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_2945_zpsjimaalli.jpg.html)

din
8 November 2017, 16:43
Ooooooh, perty. Gonna have to wait until next year, though, buying a house has made all my fun money magically disappear. :0(

Pyzik
8 November 2017, 16:51
SBCG looks even better inside an AR (not that we were shooting for that kind of stuff [BD])

This is a prototype, one last change and we're off to the production run.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_2945_zpsjimaalli.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_2945_zpsjimaalli.jpg.html)Again, great job. I know it wasn't the point but it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Duffy
8 November 2017, 16:59
It doesn't hurt to make it look good, though admittedly we didn't do much in that regard, it already looked good before we got our hands on it. The serrations look at home where they're located.

The coating makes SBCG very slippery, which in turn necessitates more aggressive serrations, that's the only change we're making at this point.

Vesticles
9 November 2017, 07:49
So, the “S” stands for slippery?

UWone77
9 November 2017, 07:54
Looks great. Next time I need a BCG, will consider this.

Duffy
9 November 2017, 08:00
S stands for several things:
Secure Staking
Slick Side

And it is slippery due to its coating :P

I confirmed with Chris Bartocci that the carrier's recessed area (where the gas vent holes are) is only there to accommodate the ejection port cover. It wasn't meant to be a forward assist.

So happens it can be used in the manner, so we placed useful serrations there to facilitate its dual purpose.

Duffy
20 January 2018, 11:13
We're making some changes to the serrations. The NiB EXO carrier is slick to the point of diminishing the current serrations' effectiveness. We're making the serrations deeper and wider, and fewer in number.

Pic of SBCG in testing. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the carrier came out after a few mags that would have made my Young Manufacturing chrome carrier smudgy and black. Note the SBCG here is a prototype, it has not been staked, and the bolt is an LMT enhanced bolt, not what SBCG will be shipped with.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_3104_zps0ubr3vqb.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_3104_zps0ubr3vqb.jpg.html)

fledge
20 January 2018, 12:48
Looking forward to this.

UWone77
20 January 2018, 12:56
We can work with Rainier Arms, assuming they're interested. Mega has been bought out by Zev, I don't know if Jason Curns is still there. I think RA may be more agreeable to it, but things are slow, I don't know if they'd want to take on something like this.

I just heard Jason Curns is now at Grey Ghost Precision.

S stands for several things:
Secure Staking
Slick Side

And it is slippery due to its coating :P

I confirmed with Chris Bartocci that the carrier's recessed area (where the gas vent holes are) is only there to accommodate the ejection port cover. It wasn't meant to be a forward assist.

So happens it can be used in the manner, so we placed useful serrations there to facilitate its dual purpose.

So did I miss the info about the bolt? Or is it earlier in this thread?

Duffy
20 January 2018, 13:00
Yep got an email about Jason's move to Grey Ghost.

The info on bolt was posted somewhere, here it is:

Carpenter 158 Steel

Shot Peened, Hard Turned / Ground NiB coated UCT EXO

Extractor 4340 Steel-Mil-Spec Spring & O-Ring combination

Magnetic Particle Inspected, and HPT tested

I thought about offering other bolts, but at the moment can't find a reason to :P

UWone77
20 January 2018, 13:41
Yep got an email about Jason's move to Grey Ghost.

The info on bolt was posted somewhere, here it is:

Carpenter 158 Steel

Shot Peened, Hard Turned / Ground NiB coated UCT EXO

Extractor 4340 Steel-Mil-Spec Spring & O-Ring combination

Magnetic Particle Inspected, and HPT tested

I thought about offering other bolts, but at the moment can't find a reason to :P

Seems like it's been hard to just find bolts lately by themselves. I guess it's because the $99 BCG is the norm, so no reason to offer $50-$70 bolts by themselves.

Great specs Roger. I'm sure it'll live up to the FCD name.

Aragorn
20 January 2018, 17:38
I have a no FA upper that's going to need one of these...

Aragorn
22 February 2018, 22:09
So where's this at right now? Any ETA?

Duffy
23 February 2018, 10:51
ETA March, but I'd add couple of weeks to that, they need to be shipped to Sionics to have OCKS installed and staked by Ned's industrial strength staking machine [BD]

Stone
23 February 2018, 13:19
You mean your not going to personally hand stake those one at a time? You could put a Hershey's kiss and a card in the box that says " Hand staked by yours truly" [:D]

Duffy
24 February 2018, 04:44
Haha I would if I could do as good a job at it as Ned's staking machine that stakes 30 of them in a minute [BD]

Duffy
20 April 2018, 16:13
Pre-production SBCGs are here. The initial small volume run was created to gauge interest in a BCG with our design input on utility and reliability, and we had greatly underestimated it.

Pre-production SBCGs use standard gas key screws, not OCKS, but other features have been incorporated into them. SBCG will be seeing continued development to include more bolt and coating options and features.

We're not making a huge deal of the pre-production SBCGs, because there's only a handful left of the initial batch, we sold 90% of them within the first 5 hours [BD]

http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/SBCG-Pre-production_p_118.html

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_3339_zpss0vyh2ap.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_3339_zpss0vyh2ap.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_3332_zpsjoigw9ra.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_3332_zpsjoigw9ra.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_3334_zpsr5eg47aj.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_3334_zpsr5eg47aj.jpg.html)

fledge
28 April 2018, 08:50
https://i.imgur.com/dJuOAvc.jpg

UWone77
28 April 2018, 09:03
https://i.imgur.com/dJuOAvc.jpg

Man that was fast! you get all the new stuff fledge!

fledge
28 April 2018, 10:54
Man that was fast! you get all the new stuff fledge!

Roger doesn’t mess around when it comes to fast shipping. I think he wears a cape.

The SBCG is superb. And the blem price couldn’t be beat. Looking forward to the final version.

UWone77
28 April 2018, 12:34
Roger doesn’t mess around when it comes to fast shipping. I think he wears a cape.

The SBCG is superb. And the blem price couldn’t be beat. Looking forward to the final version.

That SBCG looks and turned out a lot better than I imagined. Duty / Hard use worth specs.

Roger... you got anymore blems sitting around? [:D]

Duffy
29 April 2018, 06:55
They were sold out in 4 days [BD] It was a small batch to test interest in a BCG with our design input, so was kept very small. The next batch will be coming, probably with NP3 coating as standard.

Thanks to Daniel Randolph @armedimages for the microscope pics. On some of the stuff, the only credit we can take is we based the SBCG on an already well made Wiley Arms BCG. Toolcraft had done a superb job with the machining, Cryptic Coating had also done a stellar job of coating them. Sionics then expertly staked the gas key screws to the gas key.

The Cygnus logo was again somewhat problematic, in that we wanted it so small, the engraver was having a hard time doing it at the size we requested [BD] In the end, they came through, it's a small and discreet as we could manage, and it's centered. May not seem a big deal till you see some engraving's bottom cut off once it's inside the receiver, because they want the logo to be as big as possible, without realizing part of it will be masked by the receiver once installed [crazy]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/fcd07_zpsem4tlluk.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/fcd07_zpsem4tlluk.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/fcd09_zpshlyift08.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/fcd09_zpshlyift08.jpg.html)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_20180427_085139118_zps9lz7nyfr.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_20180427_085139118_zps9lz7nyfr.jpg.html)

Tyrannosaur
29 April 2018, 08:45
I'm in need one, a blem would be great too

Duffy
29 April 2018, 11:30
We'll have the ETA for the next available units soon I hope [:D]