PDA

View Full Version : XCR

John Hwang
26 September 2007, 18:17
I was contemplating on picking some up the other day. For those of you who have shot it or own it, what was your impressions.

Todd Kramer
27 September 2007, 22:43
I am curious to hear as well. I have heard some good things from some instructors that have had them in their courses. The XCR is supposed to run really well. I have no first hand experience at all though.

TigerStripe
4 October 2007, 13:03
Most magazine reviews (you know how those are) of the XCR that I have read are lukewarm or mostly negative. There are some good concepts that it tries to fulfill. Different people can see the same gun in completely different ways.

TS

TigerStripe
7 October 2007, 15:17
See October 2007 edition of SOF page 52 and October 2006 edition of SWAT Magazine. Swat 2006 online link. (http://ar15.com/content/swat/robinson.pdf) The SOF article is the most positive article I've seen.

TS

eringobragh
12 February 2008, 02:32
My brother and I both purchased XCR's a little over a year ago. Both to this date have been absolutely flawless! It's a really nice and simple system. Fit and finish is top notch...very beautiful firearm. I've handled the Sig 556's and although I've never fired one, the XCR blows it away in every other aspect. Also not knocking MagPul in any way, shape, or form (they are Gods you know!), and I do plan on purchasing an ACR/Masada as soon as possible, but the XCR seems to do practically everything the ACR can (with the exception of changing handguards...the XCR is a monolithic receiver). The XCR's trigger could use some work, but a nicer trigger unit is supposed to be in the works. Also being a smaller company, RobArms can be difficult to get stuff from sometimes...wait times can get lenghty, but you can really tell they pay a bunch of attention to each rifle!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/eringobragh/Picture006-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/eringobragh/Picture004-1.jpg

UDT
12 February 2008, 15:20
IMO very nice except for the trigger which they are suppose to be working on. The only other thing is the gas adjustment if you have an older model you have to use a wrench, if you want to spend the money for an upgrade you can get one that does not require a wrench to adjust.

Todd Kramer
12 February 2008, 23:01
Great looking rifles eringobragh.

eringobragh
13 February 2008, 06:21
Great looking rifles eringobragh.

Thanks! We've been very happy with them!

The SWAT article was pretty decent...the point made about the receivers not opening up far enough is a very easy fix. A few passes with a file on the back of the pivot point, then some touch-up finish, and they would open as far as an AR. This may already be done on newer XCR's possibly? I do agree that the cheek weld is a bit funky with the ACE folding stock...I switched mine out to the MagPul CTR, and it's a world of difference. In talking with Alex Robinson, he says they have a SCAR like stock in the works for the rifle as well...this may help too! As far as break-down being too easy...the possibility of dropping the internals and so on...if you cup your hand over the rear of the upper receiver, it's pretty hard to fumble. But then again, I'm just a paper punching 3-gun shooter...I'm not out in the sand box fighting for a living either!

I would like to see a 1 x 7 twist rate barrel offered...:P