PDA

View Full Version : WEVO Group buy: Lantac RPS

fledge
1 November 2017, 13:14
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171101/d1342efb544221718c1ea0a6cd7b7aa7.jpg

The RPS is Lantac’s ratcheting plate system that replaces the standard castle nut/end plate and removes the need for staking. The system includes a QD mount in the end plate.

Who is interested in a group buy if the Lantac RPS? Only agree if you are willing to commit. We need a minimum of 10 to figure out pricing.

Lantac confirmed roughly 30-35% off MSRP of $50. This deal will not be available after the group buy is finished.

34 units committed (as of 7/5).

5 sets group (5 total sets)
PDJ642

4 sets group (4 total sets)
Airborne_EWO

3 sets group

2 sets group (18 total sets)
Uffdaphil
UWone77
Sinner
McGizzle
apmcdaniel
Confuzshuz
old11bravo
Sak007
kalopsia

1 set group (7 total sets)
WarEagle
Jerry R
tact
din
Chopperhack
Eric
fledge

UWone77
1 November 2017, 13:35
Just so people don't get confused and think this is a $5 End plate with a $3 Castle Nut.

Full MSRP is $49.99

fledge
1 November 2017, 14:00
Just so people don't get confused and think this is a $5 End plate with a $3 Castle Nut.

Full MSRP is $49.99

Do you want to be added to the list!??

I asked Aaron to clarify a group cost for us.

The competition to this is from PWS. Theirs is $30. And I’m not a fan of loose tolerance of the locking mechanism.

UWone77
1 November 2017, 14:02

The competition to this is from PWS. Theirs is $30. And I’m not a fan of loose tolerance of the locking mechanism.

Not sure yet.

Depends on the pricing.

RobertTheTexan
1 November 2017, 14:26

Full MSRP is $49.99

What is the difference between Lantac’a and PWS’s?

I’ve had significant issues with PWS end plates. The nipples are not tall enough to thoroughly engage the buffer tube slot and in the process of mounting ruined two Vltor A5 tubes in spite of trying to hold the tube while tightening it. I did communicate with PWS and they sent me two new end plates that had the same issue with them nipple, and the new ones had black magic marker on them.

Have you used these yet?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone
1 November 2017, 14:58
This is a new product, un-released. Aaron will have to chime in on durability and testing specs. Thanks Fledge!

http://www.ar15news.com/2017/03/23/new-lantac-rps-ratchet-plate-system-qd-plate/

GOST
1 November 2017, 16:19

Sorry to hear your bad luck with the PWS version that’s been out for awhile. The PWS design may rely on the receiver extension to be spec’d correctly. I have one of the PWS versions on a SBR with zero issues so far, I’m using a Vltor extension. If I had to pay more than $20 for it though, I would rather just stake it. The Lantac looks cool though.

tact
1 November 2017, 17:43
I haven’t had any problems with the PWS version either.

apmcdaniel
1 November 2017, 18:11

The RPS is Lantac’s ratcheting plate system that replaces the standard castle nut/end plate and removes the need for staking. The system includes a QD mount in the end plate.

Who is interested in a group buy if the Lantac RPS? Only agree if you are willing to commit. We need a minimum of 10 to figure out pricing.

Already committed:

1: Fledge
2: Stone
3: Aragorn
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:

Count me in. Thanks.

fledge
1 November 2017, 19:38
Sorry to hear your bad luck with the PWS version that’s been out for awhile. The PWS design may rely on the receiver extension to be spec’d correctly. I have one of the PWS versions on a SBR with zero issues so far, I’m using a Vltor extension. If I had to pay more than $20 for it though, I would rather just stake it. The Lantac looks cool though.

Mine is on a PWS tube. It feels no more secure than tightening a castle prior to staking.

I also have a set in the parts bin. I guess I should sell it to put toward a Lantac. :) My propose for RPS is to complete my Lantac build. And their design with the offset lock built into the plate looks more secure (like a high end folding knife) and has fewer parts. But this is based only on pics. I’ve not heard problems from Raven owners.

RobertTheTexan
1 November 2017, 21:57

The Vltor is what I used with mine, both times. The first one I used was good to go, but 2 and 3 following were not. My own personal insight was I was trying to fix something that wasn’t exactly “broken” and ended up causing more problem than solution. But that’s just my own personal experiences. I think everyone’s mileage varies it seems.

Uffdaphil
1 November 2017, 22:33
Seems a little steep, but I will commit just to try it out based on Lantac’s rep.

AaronP220
2 November 2017, 08:16

Pricing is $49.99 MSRP. I could probably get somewhere in the %30-35 off range - not %100 sure yet as we're still figuring out the best way to manufacture these in bulk. But, I will not be able to extend any kind of big price breaks beyond this group buy. So, I need to be clear on that. If you're not in the group buy and then you come to me and ask me for the same deal and discount the answer will be no. This is a special thing I'm doing for you WEVO guys.

So, our RPS is made out of 17-4 PH SS in the H900 condition and then will be QPQ / Nitrided. Most are 4140 and then phosphated. So, we're above most on corrosion and material stand point. Where ours differs from say PWS is we have no parts beyond the plate and nut. The teeth are machined into each part respectively. There's nothing to fall apart or break. BUT, since the teeth are integrated into each part, if you sit there and ratchet this thing 1000 times the tooth will likely go away. I've done my personal RPS about 65 times now with no loss in effectiveness of the system. But, lets be real. How often do you remove your castle nut?

Happy to answer any other questions or concerns you guys got and I will update you with pricing and availability ASAP. I think we will be ready for full production in 2-3 weeks. Then it's easy street from there...

I'll drop a little egg in here...

How does the idea for a completely tool-less take down pin set sound? Meaning - no tools, magnets or anything required to swap mil spec take down and pivot pins to ours...cuz we're working on something i think is pretty awesome. [BD]

WarEagle
2 November 2017, 09:24
Id be in for one.

UWone77
2 November 2017, 09:32
Pricing is $49.99 MSRP. I could probably get somewhere in the %30-35 off range - not %100 sure yet as we're still figuring out the best way to manufacture these in bulk. But, I will not be able to extend any kind of big price breaks beyond this group buy. So, I need to be clear on that. If you're not in the group buy and then you come to me and ask me for the same deal and discount the answer will be no. This is a special thing I'm doing for you WEVO guys.

So, our RPS is made out of 17-4 PH SS in the H900 condition and then will be QPQ / Nitrided. Most are 4140 and then phosphated. So, we're above most on corrosion and material stand point. Where ours differs from say PWS is we have no parts beyond the plate and nut. The teeth are machined into each part respectively. There's nothing to fall apart or break. BUT, since the teeth are integrated into each part, if you sit there and ratchet this thing 1000 times the tooth will likely go away. I've done my personal RPS about 65 times now with no loss in effectiveness of the system. But, lets be real. How often do you remove your castle nut?

Happy to answer any other questions or concerns you guys got and I will update you with pricing and availability ASAP. I think we will be ready for full production in 2-3 weeks. Then it's easy street from there...

How does the idea for a completely tool-less take down pin set sound? Meaning - no tools, magnets or anything required to swap mil spec take down and pivot pins to ours...cuz we're working on something i think is pretty awesome. [BD]

Aaron, glad you clarified this. I've been part of other group buys and inevitably someone who misses out on the buy or has regrets, start contacting the manufacturer demanding to be given the same price.

30-35% is pretty damn good, so I'm in for at least one now.

Aragorn
2 November 2017, 10:04
1. Fledge
2. Stone
3. Aragorn
4. apmcdaniel
5. Uffdaphil
6. WarEagle
7. UWone77

Aragorn
2 November 2017, 10:20

Wait what? Mind = blown

I hate changing take down pins, and I've done it exactly twice. I'd be interested in seeing this, and if more awesome than my BAD set, possibly swapping over.

Uffdaphil
2 November 2017, 10:20
The tool-less take down/pivot pins sound like something I’d like a lot. UWone, please put me down for two of the RPS sets now.

Jerry R
2 November 2017, 11:41
I will jump in for one, to boost the group buy.

Stone
2 November 2017, 13:02
Wont be long we will be on group buy #2 if he keeps dropping eggs.[pop] Nitrided? 30% off? One time deal? Man, I am a nitrided junkie! Fledge, put me down for 2 buddy.

Aragorn
2 November 2017, 13:13
1. Fledge
2. Stone x2
3. Aragorn
4. apmcdaniel
5. Uffdaphil x2
6. WarEagle
7. UWone77
8. Jerry R

Well that puts us right at 10, who else?

AaronP220
2 November 2017, 13:43
We can keep adding people to the GB until the release date. TBD.

Joelski
2 November 2017, 14:09
I'll do a set.

titanse05
2 November 2017, 16:01
This thing looks pretty cool. I need a group buy on the BMD.... LOL!

SINNER
2 November 2017, 16:23
I'll take 2 please.

tact
2 November 2017, 16:37
I’ll try one out as well.

UWone77
2 November 2017, 16:59
This thing looks pretty cool. I need a group buy on the BMD.... LOL!

This.

Next Group Buy.

din
2 November 2017, 18:10
Thanks for the knowledge drop, Aaron.

I'm in for one.

Stone
2 November 2017, 18:16
Whats a BMD?

Former11B
2 November 2017, 20:50
Whats a BMD?

Blast Mitigation Device

Stone
5 November 2017, 19:16
Got it, thanks!

GOST
6 November 2017, 02:41
My own personal insight was I was trying to fix something that wasn’t exactly “broken” and ended up causing more problem than solution.

My experience with it has been good so far, but also came to the same conclusion. I paid about $18 for mine. While mine has worked well, is it more secure than a normal $8 staked piece? I doubt it.

Stone
6 November 2017, 06:07
Every once in a while I like to try out something new. I do have a build on the back burner this will be for so its not like I am tearing apart rifles to introduce a new part. When a new part or idea comes out the first thing I ask myself is what can go wrong with it since most manufacturers are already selling the upsides on their product. I don't really see a downside to this part. The rifle this is going on will be a "beat the ever loving snot out of rifle" so it will be put through the wringer. I will do an initial 100 rounds on a break in then a strip down and clean but after that it will just be pushed to the point of failure.

AaronP220
6 November 2017, 09:26
It's with some 1st SFG guys right now getting pounded.

Stone
6 November 2017, 12:43
Good to hear, thanks for the intell. I will be running your 16" barrel, gas block, gas tube and BCG on this rifle as well. I picked yours because I think it will handle the abuse.

AaronP220
6 November 2017, 13:01
Good to hear, thanks for the intell. I will be running your 16" barrel, gas block, gas tube and BCG on this rifle as well. I picked yours because I think it will handle the abuse.

It will. Contrary to popular rumor - we beat our stuff within the company, then send it to SF dudes to REALLY beat and then we release it. We test everything to failure, or more accurately to the point where I go "Okay, it's not gonna break...release it". LOL.

titanse05
6 November 2017, 13:19
Put me down for one to try as well.

Joelski
6 November 2017, 13:48
It will. Contrary to popular rumor - we beat our stuff within the company, then send it to SF dudes to REALLY beat and then we release it. We test everything to failure, or more accurately to the point where I go "Okay, it's not gonna break...release it". LOL.

http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/50/07587413.png

Always good to see decision makers in the playpen. That's good enough to convince me to buy in. :D

Bring the group buys!

Aragorn
6 November 2017, 13:58

Sounds like the grounds for a sweet build, gonna do a thread on it?

Stone
6 November 2017, 14:28
Thanks and I will but it is still a ways out.

@Aaron, As far as round counts go what are your barrels rated at? 15-20K? I am sure the firing schedule will determine barrel life but under a fairly standard shooting schedule what can we expect?

AaronP220
6 November 2017, 15:25
Thanks and I will but it is still a ways out.

@Aaron, As far as round counts go what are your barrels rated at? 15-20K? I am sure the firing schedule will determine barrel life but under a fairly standard shooting schedule what can we expect?

We have one with 15K on it that's still holding MOA. From .38" out of the box to about .92" now.

8teenEcho
6 November 2017, 18:09
Sign me up. I have a home for one.

Stone
6 November 2017, 18:31
We have one with 15K on it that's still holding MOA. From .38" out of the box to about .92" now.

Just what I was looking for, thanks brother. FWIW, posting that info about the testing and durability findings go along way to a consumer. In the past most companies have been so tight lipped about that stuff it was difficult to sift through the facts from here say. It seems to me the companies that do well in the end are the ones communicating stuff just like this, it creates a lot of confidence in the end user. Confidence and trust equals sales. There are a lot of people reading these threads well beyond the members here.

McGizzle
7 November 2017, 06:32
I’ll commit to 2, what’s the timeline?

fledge
7 November 2017, 06:49
I’ll commit to 2, what’s the timeline?

Post #13. Full production said to be 2-3 weeks out as of last week.

Airborne_EWO
9 November 2017, 08:39
Seems like this is going to be a great part. I'll jump in for 4 of these. Thanks for doing the GB.

AaronP220
9 November 2017, 13:13
Just what I was looking for, thanks brother. FWIW, posting that info about the testing and durability findings go along way to a consumer. In the past most companies have been so tight lipped about that stuff it was difficult to sift through the facts from here say. It seems to me the companies that do well in the end are the ones communicating stuff just like this, it creates a lot of confidence in the end user. Confidence and trust equals sales. There are a lot of people reading these threads well beyond the members here.

We strongly stand behind our stuff. No sense in being quiet about testing and stuff. I've gone as far as getting a barrel RED hot and then tossing it in an ice chest. Gotta know. Someone somewhere is going to do all the crazy stuff i think up and then call us or email wanting to know why X happened when he did Y.

Stone
9 November 2017, 14:19
Nice! How are they holding up to full auto?

AaronP220
10 November 2017, 10:36
Nice! How are they holding up to full auto?

Just fine. in 14.5 and 10.5

KW900A
10 November 2017, 14:56
Edit: Mark me down for 3

RobertTheTexan
10 November 2017, 18:13
We strongly stand behind our stuff. No sense in being quiet about testing and stuff. I've gone as far as getting a barrel RED hot and then tossing it in an ice chest. Gotta know. Someone somewhere is going to do all the crazy stuff i think up and then call us or email wanting to know why X happened when he did Y.

I think it’s awesome when a company has the integrity and courage to be transparent and the wisdom to implement that transparency without compromising their IP.

We need more companies that follow your model. But previous poster was right. Too many companies hold trials and T&E too close to the vest, so we the user never really see what the capabilities or limits are.

AaronP220
14 November 2017, 19:47
I think it’s awesome when a company has the integrity and courage to be transparent and the wisdom to implement that transparency without compromising their IP.

We need more companies that follow your model. But previous poster was right. Too many companies hold trials and T&E too close to the vest, so we the user never really see what the capabilities or limits are.

There's not much point in being quiet about testing. If we don't test and be transparent with results someone out there is going to do it anyway. We NEVER pay for reviews and T&E. If someone finds a problem we fix it but we've usually tested it to death before we send it out.

Just this week someone fired their 10.5" SBR suppressed without a buffer in it and sheared the gas key bolts on their E-BCG. It was some how my fault. Granted, I hand't actually tried that method of testing before. I'll work on it...

Stone
14 November 2017, 20:02
How did they initially charge the rifle without the BCG getting stuck in the buffer tube. Was this a customer or a T&E guy?

AaronP220
14 November 2017, 21:54
How did they initially charge the rifle without the BCG getting stuck in the buffer tube. Was this a customer or a T&E guy?

I have no idea how they did it.

just random john q public customer. strange rangers out there...

RobertTheTexan
14 November 2017, 22:51

I wondered the same thing. Also had I completely lost my bearing and apparently lost my mind to do such a thing, I’d end up eating it because no way on God’s green earth would I ever admit that, nor justify blaming the manufacturer.

Stone
15 November 2017, 05:39
I have no idea how they did it.

just random john q public customer. strange rangers out there...

I will just bite my tongue on that one. You are way to nice of a guy.[:D]

ChattanoogaPhil
15 November 2017, 05:52
I will purchase one.

Stone
17 November 2017, 18:34
How is production coming along on the RPS? Oh and how about another egg drop on the tool-less take down pin set.[:D]

AaronP220
18 November 2017, 06:16
How is production coming along on the RPS? Oh and how about another egg drop on the tool-less take down pin set.[:D]

Castle Nuts are sorted and in production. Had to make a change to the plate to make it faster to Machine. In production hopefully next week.

Once the patent is fully filed and trademarks are in process I can say more. But, man, they are cool. LOL

Stone
8 December 2017, 11:48
Any updates Aaron?

Aberration79
8 December 2017, 15:30
Dang, wish I got in on this. Those look sexy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stone
8 December 2017, 16:17
This hasn't happened yet, you can still get in. Just post up how many you want and Fledge will update the first page.

PJD642
8 December 2017, 16:54
Well heck, if it hasn't happened yet I'll sign up for 2 sets.

Midway says "backorder ok", so these will be releasing soon, correct?

Stone
8 December 2017, 17:24
I beleive so. I am hoping Aaron chimes in with an update.

Wow, 10 years and 3 posts. You truly are a man of few words.

fledge
8 December 2017, 23:56
Thanks for bumping this, Stone. I was wondering about the progress of this. First post is updated with numbers.

UWone77
9 December 2017, 22:48
I might as well be in for 2 instead of just 1. Would be a nice addition to the Radian SBR.

Eric
10 December 2017, 09:28
Why not. Please put me down for 1. There goes the Christmas bonus. [emoji849]

fledge
10 December 2017, 14:51
If someone is not on the list, let me know. I reorganized it to keep it simple to update.

If you want to add a set to your order, now is the time.

As far as I know, it’s updated as of this post.

AaronP220
11 December 2017, 09:51
Production is going on these right now. As soon as we get first articles we can do packaging. Should have this ready in time for Xmas stockings.

PJD642
11 December 2017, 17:18
Wow, 10 years and 3 posts. You truly are a man of few words.

Very short response - I was made aware of this site from Stickman's posts on tacticalunderground.us back before their big moderator blowout/reorganization a number of years ago. Signed up for an account here, and then life went haywire. Ten years later, I'm getting back into building ARs and came across the site again. Pretty sure you'll get tired of hearing from me soon :)

UWone77
11 December 2017, 20:29

Lantac confirmed roughly 30-35% off MSRP of $50. This deal will not be available after the group buy is finished.

33 units committed (as of 12/11).

4 sets group (4 total sets)
Airborne_EWO

3 sets group (3 total sets)
KW900A

2 sets group (16 total sets)
fledge
Stone
Uffdaphil
UWone77
Sinner
McGizzle
apmcdaniel
PDJ642

1 set group (10 total sets)
Aragorn
WarEagle
Jerry R
Joelski
tact
din
titanse05
Chopperhack
ChattanoogaPhil
Eric

Heh... who knew you could sell almost $1700 in castle nuts and end plates.... well if you counted Full MSRP.

fledge
11 December 2017, 21:00
Heh... who knew you could sell almost $1700 in castle nuts and end plates.... well if you counted Full MSRP.

Almost a miracle with this motley crew... :)

Stone
11 December 2017, 21:17
Heh, we all agree on something, finally. I smell another group buy in the near future...

Stone
11 December 2017, 21:20
Production is going on these right now. As soon as we get first articles we can do packaging. Should have this ready in time for Xmas stockings.

Sweet! Would it be cheaper for us and easier on you if we fore go the formal packaging? I don't see it as necessary if the other guys are on the same page as well. Just a thought...

KW900A
12 December 2017, 02:56
Sweet! Would it be cheaper for us and easier on you if we fore go the formal packaging? I don't see it as necessary if the other guys are on the same page as well. Just a thought...

I’m good with that

AaronP220
12 December 2017, 08:44
Packaging is $2.00 or less in most cases - so - not really. LOL

Stone
12 December 2017, 09:19
Cool, just a thought.

UWone77
12 December 2017, 09:47

So you're saying I can save $2? [:D]

fledge
13 December 2017, 13:25

https://youtu.be/LdF_Vo4B6Ms

inthegame
13 December 2017, 21:11
Is this still open, is be in for 1

fledge
14 December 2017, 09:38
Still open. List updated.

mustangfreek
15 December 2017, 00:35
Still open. List updated.

Do we know how long roughly its gonna be open?

ChattanoogaPhil
21 December 2017, 07:59
Should have this ready in time for Xmas stockings.

Xmas 2018?

just kidding....

fledge
21 December 2017, 14:46
Do we know how long roughly its gonna be open?

Until it’s time to pay. I was expecting this week. Just waiting for Aaron to give the word.

Stone
21 December 2017, 15:01
Should be real soon.

AaronP220
22 December 2017, 12:24
Not going to make it by Xmas unfortunately but it won't be longer after.

Stone
3 January 2018, 14:10
New year bump. [BD]

Joelski
3 January 2018, 14:30
Blast Mitigation Device

As opposed to a GBM.

EO3
3 January 2018, 15:22
Is there a confirmed final group buy price for these?

Stone
3 January 2018, 17:15
"Pricing is $49.99 MSRP. I could probably get somewhere in the %30-35 off range - not %100 sure yet as we're still figuring out the best way to manufacture these in bulk."

At $50 msrp 30% off would be 35ea. Probably somewhere right in that vicinity...

KW900A
7 January 2018, 07:00
Any update on ETA?

PJD642
9 January 2018, 15:20
Any update on ETA?
THIS!!! Got three RETs I'm waiting to switch out as soon as I get these...

GOST
9 January 2018, 16:03
They may be getting ready for SHOT.

UWone77
9 January 2018, 17:08
I'm not expecting anything until after SHOT. Gun industry basically shuts down to a skeleton crew in January.

Stone
9 January 2018, 20:52
Sucks, but it is what it is. Gotta admit I am getting a little itchy for mine as well..

Stone
30 January 2018, 19:33
End of Shot show bump.:P

inthegame
31 January 2018, 09:12
Going to take my name off the list. No more builds for the foreseeable future.

titanse05
31 January 2018, 10:08
Please go ahead and remove my name from the list as well.

fledge
31 January 2018, 10:10
Updated. I’ve got a note out to Aaron to check in here too.

KW900A
31 January 2018, 14:05
Yes please an update would be nice. I’m trying to avoid staking a castle nut to run the build waiting on this.

fledge
1 February 2018, 19:12
Just got a note from Aaron. The Onyx launch forced final production of the RPS to the side. It’s all sorted now and these should be on the production line within a few days. Looking to early March for availability.

Aragorn
1 February 2018, 19:25
Well that's pretty far from in time for stockings... :P

Still though, that's only about a month off so no bitching from me. [:D]

fledge
1 February 2018, 19:41
Apparently the boss intervened on the timeline. It was ready to go.

I’m fine waiting till March. The builds I’m planning to put these on can suffer with ugly mil-spec parts for now. :)

Stone
1 February 2018, 20:55
Thanks for the update Fledge!

Aragorn
9 February 2018, 14:23
Hmmm yeah turns out I'm gonna need another.

Sign me up for one more.

Confuzshuz
19 February 2018, 13:16
Hi guys,

New to the forum. I would like to join in on this group buy for 2 units, if possible.

Thank you

fledge
19 February 2018, 13:29
Hi guys,

New to the forum. I would like to join in on this group buy for 2 units, if possible.

Thank you

Added. Welcome to WEVO.

Naytwan
19 February 2018, 14:47
I'll take 2 please.

UWone77
19 February 2018, 16:42
I'll take 2 please.

Nice to see you back brother.

Naytwan
19 February 2018, 17:01
I’m always lurking. Just haven’t posted much.

Confuzshuz
19 February 2018, 19:06
Added. Welcome to WEVO.

Thanks!

fledge
19 February 2018, 19:33
I'll take 2 please.

Done.

PJD642
19 February 2018, 21:53
Heck, may as well bump my total to 5, please.

old11bravo
20 February 2018, 12:52
If this group buy is still open, I'd like to jump on board and commit for 2 units. Should I send funds now and to whom will I send them?

fledge
20 February 2018, 13:05
If this group buy is still open, I'd like to jump on board and commit for 2 units. Should I send funds now and to whom will I send them?

You are added to the list. Should be early March that we see movement in this.

Hold your funds. Lantac will give us instructions when it’s time.

UWone77
20 February 2018, 19:57
People are like when is this RPS Group buy going to happen and I'm over here like what's the problem? [:D]

Stone
20 February 2018, 20:19
Ok, that hurts. My Knights lower officially hates you...:P That thing has been screaming at me from the safe for the last two months. "When are you going to finish me"??? By the time these come out Fort Tom will have another rifle build going.[BD]

apmcdaniel
21 February 2018, 00:31
Ok, that hurts. My Knights lower officially hates you...:P That thing has been screaming at me from the safe for the last two months. "When are you going to finish me"??? By the time these come out Fort Tom will have another rifle build going.[BD]

Exactly! CMT matched receiver set, Fortis LA stock, and Proof barrel all just setting here, mocking me! [emoji39]

Sak007
24 February 2018, 14:21
I'm in for 2

Aragorn
24 February 2018, 15:12
Exactly! CMT matched receiver set, Fortis LA stock, and Proof barrel all just setting here, mocking me! [emoji39]

Well THAT's gonna be sweet..

fledge
24 February 2018, 18:20
I'm in for 2

Added.

apmcdaniel
26 February 2018, 08:48
Well THAT's gonna be sweet..

Thanks! I agree. I helped a pal put a 6.5 Grendel together this past Saturday in my shop, and it was a struggle to leave CMT receivers and parts alone. I really wanted to start building, but I'm waiting for these last parts to come in before I start. Looking forward to it!

UWone77
26 February 2018, 18:53
Thanks! I agree. I helped a pal put a 6.5 Grendel together this past Saturday in my shop, and it was a struggle to leave CMT receivers and parts alone. I really wanted to start building, but I'm waiting for these last parts to come in before I start. Looking forward to it!

You could always just throw on a standard castle nut and end plate in the mean time....

apmcdaniel
27 February 2018, 17:46
You could always just throw on a standard castle nut and end plate in the mean time....

True. Considered that, but I get a little OCD going when I'm building. If I needed it, I could do that. I have 2 other build to work on, so that will keep me at peace. [emoji6]

fledge
6 March 2018, 15:39
Update:

The RPS has met a setback. The machinist making it backed out in production. Lantac is taking it all in house and Aaron is personally making them over the next few weeks.

There’s no hard date for delivery yet. But he will have a better idea in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, he passed along this coupon code for 10% in their store. Their new takedown pins dropped today.

Code: FRIENDOFAARON

ChattanoogaPhil
20 March 2018, 13:26
Curious...

Is this the same Lantac RPS introduced and posted here in March 2017 and advertised in AR15 News March 2017 as being in production per Brett at Lantac? Or are we discussing a second production run or different design?

http://www.ar15news.com/2017/03/23/new-lantac-rps-ratchet-plate-system-qd-plate/

fledge
20 March 2018, 16:04
Curious...

Is this the same Lantac RPS introduced and posted here in March 2017 and advertised in AR15 News March 2017 as being in production per Brett at Lantac? Or are we discussing a second production run or different design?

Same. Aaron, who is working with us here, is the designer (as I understand it) and now also producing them in house. They were in “production” before as they made about 50 sets for their Ravens. Then the outsourced producer decided he didn’t want to make them. They are currently in process now for large batches.

UWone77
20 March 2018, 16:50
Brett is no longer with Lantac.

But like Fledge said, I'm pretty sure this is the same design... well generally the same design.

Stone
7 April 2018, 16:05
Bump, for the obvious...

Joelski
7 April 2018, 17:34
I'm out. Got all I need for now.

KW900A
7 April 2018, 18:37
I’m out as well

ChattanoogaPhil
8 April 2018, 07:33
People are like when is this RPS Group buy going to happen and I'm over here like what's the problem? [:D]

I look at it this way... An end plate and nut that takes longer to bring to market than building the Empire State Building has got to be worth waiting for! [:D]

SINNER
8 April 2018, 10:34
After the owners comments do I really need to say “I’m out”?

ChattanoogaPhil
8 April 2018, 11:10
By the way... what happened to AaronP220 from Lantac? I enjoyed his postings. He was a regular contributor here talking about a variety of Lantac offerings and answering questions up until his last post in December 2017 saying that RPS production was delayed. Since that post he's gone dark. Did the boss tell him to stop posting here? Inquiry minds... Aaron?

UWone77
8 April 2018, 11:28
After the owners comments do I really need to say “I’m out”?

Article is 2 years old and now coming to the light of day? I'll wait and see on this one. I have confidence his interview was taken out of context. I'll wait to break out the pitch fork on this one.

By the way... what happened to AaronP220 from Lantac? I enjoyed his postings. He was a regular contributor here talking about a variety of Lantac offerings and answering questions up until his last post in December 2017 saying that RPS production was delayed. Since that post he's gone dark. Did the boss tell him to stop posting here? Inquiry minds... Aaron?

I talk to Aaron regularly. He's just super busy with all the new product coming out lately. If there are specific questions, I'm always happy to ping him.

SINNER
8 April 2018, 11:37
Article is 2 years old and now coming to the light of day? I'll wait and see on this one. I have confidence his interview was taken out of context. I'll wait to break out the pitch fork on this one.

Is the news of CMC cutting ties due to comments new? I just saw a bunch of crap on Twatter yesterday? LOL

fledge
8 April 2018, 12:12
Is the news of CMC cutting ties due to comments new? I just saw a bunch of crap on Twatter yesterday? LOL

Their contact with CMC was done in November. Both companies clarified the reasons and the issue was over and meant nothing.

I guess someone started more drama?

ChattanoogaPhil
8 April 2018, 12:27
I'm bored today and could use some entertainment.

What owner comments?

More drama CMC/Lantac? I see CMC/Lantac triggers being dumped by Primary Arms for 40 cents on MSRP.

Twitter fight?

I got nothing else going on today other than a dog snoring on the couch. C'mon... gimme some rumor and gossip.

KW900A
8 April 2018, 12:34
Yeah something has slipped through the cracks on me also.

UWone77
8 April 2018, 13:17

That happened last Nov. Brett left Lantac and is now at CMC. There is some bad blood. I still like products from both companies.

KW900A
8 April 2018, 14:08
I saw on IG sometime Back that Rise Armament was making their triggers now. Maybe that’s another reason PA was blowing them out. Making room for the new ones.

kalopsia
8 April 2018, 21:17
In for two sets, if it’s not too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aragorn
18 April 2018, 14:43
So anyone heard from Aaron about ETA lately? Last I heard he was machining them himself, but that seems like old news now. Fledge?

fledge
18 April 2018, 15:45
Got a note out to him.

ChattanoogaPhil
19 April 2018, 08:32
Same. Aaron, who is working with us here, is the designer (as I understand it) and now also producing them in house. They were in “production” before as they made about 50 sets for their Ravens. Then the outsourced producer decided he didn’t want to make them. They are currently in process now for large batches.

Did the RPS work as designed on the Raven or were their problems?

My idle curiosity is morphing into idle speculation. ;)

fledge
19 April 2018, 09:00
Did the RPS work as designed on the Raven or were their problems?

My idle curiosity is morphing into idle speculation. ;)

I’ve not heard any negative reviews about it on the Ravens.

I’ll update thread when I hear back from Aaron.

fledge
19 April 2018, 11:14
Aaron said they are ironing out nitride process to ensure plate isn’t brittle. No ETA.

Stone
10 June 2018, 08:43
Bump up to keep it from falling off the radar...[pop]

fledge
10 June 2018, 11:22
At this point, I’m just hanging out till they are available.

Aragorn
10 June 2018, 15:36
He did say in time for stocking stuffers...

Which year was not specified.

apmcdaniel
27 June 2018, 18:24
Well, at least today on Instagram we saw evidence that these pieces are physically in process, and UWone77 put in a word of encouragement for our group buy. [emoji41][emoji106]

ChattanoogaPhil
28 June 2018, 06:37
I very much appreciate the opportunity of a Group Buy here but please remove my name from the Lantac RPS list. Thank you.

UWone77
28 June 2018, 08:18
Form 1/4's are getting approved faster than this group buy. [:D]

Aragorn
28 June 2018, 08:37
I very much appreciate the opportunity of a Group Buy here but please remove my name from the Lantac RPS list. Thank you.

Oh, right, me to. Forward Controls has me covered.

Naytwan
1 July 2018, 18:33
I’m gonna pull out as well. Thank you anyway.

UWone77
1 July 2018, 18:48
We'll put this on hold. Aaron from Lantac can chime in when they're ready and we can reassess at that point if it's worth going forward.

Stone
5 July 2018, 14:31
Yeah, I'm out. Its been 8 months...

Joelski
6 July 2018, 05:32
Form 1/4's are getting approved faster than this group buy. [:D]Bahahahaha!!!

I was thinking old people fuck faster that this...

Enjoy that. [:D]

PJD642
9 August 2018, 16:10
I'd had this bookmarked on Midway, so I'd get an email when it was in stock...got an email today, but not what i was hoping. Midway says it's now "Discontinued" and won't be carried. Anyone know anything further?

UWone77
9 August 2018, 16:26
I'd had this bookmarked on Midway, so I'd get an email when it was in stock...got an email today, but not what i was hoping. Midway says it's now "Discontinued" and won't be carried. Anyone know anything further?

They're in production as far as I can tell from the pictures on the Lantac IG page. Also I spoke to Aaron directly at TRIGGRCON, this product is definitely alive and going.

PJD642
9 August 2018, 19:17
They're in production as far as I can tell from the pictures on the Lantac IG page. Also I spoke to Aaron directly at TRIGGRCON, this product is definitely alive and going.

I'm glad to hear that, as I still want a few. Perhaps Midway just got tired of waiting...

UWone77
18 December 2018, 09:55
Just heard from Aaron on this.

If you guys are still interested in a RPS. Use WEVORPS ALL CAPS, no space as the coupon code.

Will be good for 30% off for the RPS.

fledge
18 December 2018, 09:57
Haha. I was just coming to post this!!

Here’s the quick link.

https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/rps-ratchet-plate-system

UWone77
18 December 2018, 09:59
Haha. I was just coming to post this!!

Here’s the quick link.

https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/rps-ratchet-plate-system

Heh. Good timing.

Seriously though, 30% is about as good as it gets for a lower priced item like this.

apmcdaniel
18 December 2018, 10:02
That's a great deal - I'll head there tonight after work to pick some up. Stocking stuffers! [emoji1787]

fledge
18 December 2018, 10:08
Heh. Good timing.

Seriously though, 30% is about as good as it gets for a lower priced item like this.

I grabbed takedown pin set too. Coupon only works for the RPS, if anyone wants to know.

Maybe I’ll keep my Lantac rifle now. :)

Uffdaphil
18 December 2018, 10:09
Sweet deal! Just ordered a couple. Thanks Aaron and UW.

UWone77
18 December 2018, 10:36
I grabbed takedown pin set too. Coupon only works for the RPS, if anyone wants to know.

Maybe I’ll keep my Lantac rifle now. :)

I might have to grab some pins too. Thanks for the reminder! This is affecting my tailhook funds. [crazy]

fledge
18 December 2018, 12:17
I might have to grab some pins too. Thanks for the reminder! This is affecting my tailhook funds. [crazy]

I’ll knock $10 off the tailhook for ya to ease the blow. ;)