PDA

View Full Version : Aero Service Edition Builder's sets

BoilerUp
10 November 2017, 19:56
I'm generally not into fancy decor on my tools, but I do like this

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/r/army-m5-sets.jpg

Sets for USAF, USN, and USMC also available.

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/r/army-m5-sets.jpg

UWone77
10 November 2017, 20:19
Very tastefully done.

http://zero7one.com/aero-precision-announces-service-edition-builder-sets/

fledge
10 November 2017, 21:47
Agreed. Really like the army one. Would have jumped on it with a regular sized handguard.

UWone77
11 November 2017, 19:34
Man, I contemplated for a little bit getting one for a veteran buddy of mine. Just like that all the 5.56 sets are gone.

BoilerUp
11 November 2017, 20:26
It looks like Brownell's may have some coming:

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-m4e1-us-military-branch-builder-sets-5-56-mm-prod112521.aspx?avad=avant&aid=35987&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine

Axlnut
13 November 2017, 18:30
When I got the dealer email I called over the other Marine that works for me to check out how we basically got shafted, as always..

I guess that really does make it a USMC build, as you see the other services get cool shit and us get an absolute abomination of terrible, lazy, almost disrespectful cerakote work.

We're used to it. I thought about picking up that badass USAF set.

Former11B
13 November 2017, 19:37
Man, I contemplated for a little bit getting one for a veteran buddy of mine. Just like that all the 5.56 sets are gone.

The AR10 ones are there if you want to ship it with a .308 UM Mod 2 barrel [BD] [:D]

When I got the dealer email I called over the other Marine that works for me to check out how we basically got shafted, as always..

I guess that really does make it a USMC build, as you see the other services get cool shit and us get an absolute abomination of terrible, lazy, almost disrespectful cerakote work.

Yeah, the blood stripe and dress blues mock up. Could’ve gone with something so much better

Axlnut
13 November 2017, 19:52
Yeah, the blood stripe and dress blues mock up. Could’ve gone with something so much better

Especially considering that the bloodstripe isn't even a part of everyone's uniform, and dress blues make no sense in that orientation on a rifle. (IE, would make SOME sense if it was stood up on the muzzle) - plus not effort to do any line blending or crossing over from part to part.

The redheaded stepchild of this set.. OH but we get a "laser engraved" Suribachi flag raising.. I mean, we have the most iconic branch emblem, one with deep meaning and more recognized than likely any other in the world, but that got left off...

rxer311
13 November 2017, 20:00
Especially considering that the bloodstripe isn't even a part of everyone's uniform, and dress blues make no sense in that orientation on a rifle. (IE, would make SOME sense if it was stood up on the muzzle) - plus not effort to do any line blending or crossing over from part to part.

The redheaded stepchild of this set.. OH but we get a "laser engraved" Suribachi flag raising.. I mean, we have the most iconic branch emblem, one with deep meaning and more recognized than likely any other in the world, but that got left off...

Holy crap! I just looked at these and that Marine Corps set is just terrible. The Air force one is pretty badass though.

Big_Tom
13 November 2017, 20:15

But Radian did some cool Raptors for the Marines.

Axlnut
13 November 2017, 20:41
But Radian did some cool Raptors for the Marines.

How did I miss that!!??

I'm rebuilding the iconic Woodland rifle and that would have been perfect, and I have a strong love for Radian after losing some of Fledge's pins and Radian being immediately forthcoming with every data point I needed to get him back in business.

FML

voodoo_man
14 November 2017, 02:24
needs moar thin blue line

fledge
14 November 2017, 06:02

Aero said on IG that the DOJ has a copyright on many of the symbols they wanted to use for these sets.

I didn’t think the Marines version was interesting but thought it was my fault for missing something.

gatordev
14 November 2017, 14:42
There are exceptions, and I think the current AF logo is one, but overall, the government can't hold a copyright on something because it's the people's work. For example, I can't hold a copyright on the photos I've taken while conducting official business (deployment photos, work photos, etc). I'm pretty sure the EGA is free and clear.

BL: I think Aero is full of it (independent of the fact that I don't think it's the DoJ that would hold anything for DoD).

Axlnut
14 November 2017, 15:49
needs moar thin blue line

I agree there as well - is that even a set they've done yet?

fledge
14 November 2017, 19:00
BL: I think Aero is full of it (independent of the fact that I don't think it's the DoJ that would hold anything for DoD).

Doh. I meant DoD. And I’m just the messenger about the copyright law issue they mentioned.

gatordev
15 November 2017, 04:04
Doh. I meant DoD. And I’m just the messenger about the copyright law issue they mentioned.

I hear you. Just passing along some additional background.

BoilerUp
23 November 2017, 14:00

Available at Brownell's (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-m4e1-us-military-branch-builder-sets-5-56-mm-prod112521.aspx?avad=avant&aid=35987&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine)(check slick guns for coupon codes) and Schulyer (http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/catalog.php?category=113337)

Schulyer also has M5 Service Edition sets (http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/catalog.php?category=113338)