PDA

View Full Version : Eotech....with/without riser...

louie
12 November 2017, 16:48
Considering Eotech red dot for 2 ARs.

Are there any Eotech HWS that DO NOT require a riser in order to co-witness with ARMS flip ups?

If NOT, can youse suggest a couple of good risers?

TIA,
louie, out!

BoilerUp
12 November 2017, 17:35
Are ARMS flip ups at a non-standard height? I thought standard EOtechs mount with an absolute cowitness out of the box, and the EXPS series with QD mounts have a rise that give them a lower 1/3 cowitness with standard height irons. I can only vouch for the latter. The EXPS2 or 3 is the way to, IMO.

gatordev
13 November 2017, 03:55
If ARMS are standard height, what BoilerUp said. I had an XPS at one point and it was co-witnessed with standard sights...which was why I put it on a riser, but that's just my preference to have it higher.

UWone77
13 November 2017, 19:18
I used a LaRue Riser for years on my first duty gun for a lower 1/3.

FortTom
13 November 2017, 20:25
One of the best things you can do with your EotechE is to throw the bitch as far as you can into a cow pasture, right into a pile of cow shit., run over it with a Cat Dozer then projectile vomit on vomit on it until it no longer functions.
:mad: Just kidding, but that's what I would recommend a "new" friend to the fold, if he/she asked what to do with an EO, if asked..[:D]

FT[:D]

Joelski
13 November 2017, 20:41
One of the best things you can do with your Eotche is to throw the bitch as far as you can into a cow pasture, right into a pile of cow shit..
:mad: Just kidding, but that's what I would recommend a "new" friend to the fold, if he/she asked what to do with an EO, if asked..[:D]I've never had one not show me where my bullet will hit, but then I'm not level 0.

louie
18 November 2017, 16:20
Thanks for the replies!

I had a couple of 'em, years back.
Never had any problems with 'em.
Sold them, and regretted it ever since.

louie, out!

FortTom
5 December 2017, 08:14
I've never had one not show me where my bullet will hit, but then I'm not level 0.
You know, I should have never posted that in this thread. My bad, late at night, tired and skim reading posts = answering a question that wasn't asked. I misread and thought the OP was asking for opinions. Even offered up a "just kidding" in that reply.

Then you go personal, over a different opinion? Very liberal of you. Your not level 0? Are you sure.[:D]

FT[:D]