PDA

View Full Version : My buddy ordered a Kinetic Development Group billet lower, this *thing* arrived

Former11B
28 November 2017, 10:00
http://i.imgur.com/oKcLt32.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MSfrfeP.jpg

It came from a company near and dear to many of us. No, that’s not Battleworn cerakote or a
Blem. There’s no way that happened during transit either. It also doesn’t have the upper/lower tensioning screw.

Airborne_EWO
28 November 2017, 10:08
Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
28 November 2017, 10:19
How much did he pay?

Kind of reminds me of how lowers used to look like when they were new.

Former11B
28 November 2017, 10:28
How much did he pay?

Kind of reminds me of how lowers used to look like when they were new.

$149.99

UWone77
28 November 2017, 10:33
I recall in 2007-08 I got a Noveske and a few LRB lowers that looked similar. This is when all forged lowers were over $100. They were all bone dry and looked like crap. I'd just rub some oil on it and shoot them. Not a big deal, but in this day and age, that does look like shit. Is he trying to return it?

Former11B
28 November 2017, 11:46
I recall in 2007-08 I got a Noveske and a few LRB lowers that looked similar. This is when all forged lowers were over $100. They were all bone dry and looked like crap. I'd just rub some oil on it and shoot them. Not a big deal, but in this day and age, that does look like shit. Is he trying to return it?

He already got the RMA and went with a Ballistic Advantage lower to with the barrel on that particular build

Joelski
28 November 2017, 18:58
There was a heap o'hell raised about the KAC lowers having a similar look, and at over 2 bills for a forged lower, I can kind of see it, but to me a KAC that's not a little beat looking isn't being used the way it was intended. Aside from a good Colt, I can't give any others that kind of a pass. For that, your buddy shouldn't have to pay shipping to return that.

fledge
28 November 2017, 20:12
I had one of the bad looking KAC lowers and it wasn’t THAT bad and was in spec.

I hope the retailer sorts out.

FortTom
29 November 2017, 03:40
I can't believe they would have shipped that lower without being embarrassed, or at least a little ashamed...

FT[:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
29 November 2017, 10:38
Sad to say this is the second I've seen like this. Seems to be the status quo for their lowers....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Stickman
29 November 2017, 12:05
That looks like it's been rolled down the drive way and then kicked into a shipping box.

Thompson
29 November 2017, 13:40
... WOW. And I thought mine was bad. Out of the few I've seen, these "blemishes" seem to be normal, sadly.

Good thing your friend didn't pay MSRP for it. I would have been pissed if I got mine in that condition, being sold as a non-blem.

mustangfreek
3 December 2017, 02:42
That thing is uglier then any Anderson receiver I’ve seen....[crazy]

Phuck it.... cerakote or paint it