PDA

View Full Version : PWS .300 Blackout Pistol

Jester Gunwerkz
29 November 2017, 19:23
I'm interested in any first hand input any of you folks might have, with the Primary Weapons Systems piston operated .300 Blackout pistol. Thoughts, impressions, etc. Looking for a close quarters .30 caliber weapon. I'm considering one of these or a Springfield M1A SOCOM CQB. Thanks in advance.

voodoo_man
29 November 2017, 20:31
The PWS version is nice, their stuff is well built and heavy. I have a pws 7.5" 556 upper which is awesome.

With that said, .300 was designed to be run DI and using a piston system is pointlessly expensive. A quality DI system will work fine at half the cost.

Look at BCM for good quality .300 pistol uppers, price is around the $650 range.

You can get a complete DSGarms.com pistol upper for $550ish and have no issues either - I had be an 8" DSG .300 barrel that works really well.

Or you can build your own upper for half the above costs if your really into that type of thing. Otherwise I'd recommend getting one of the above and not going with the PWS, even if you have cash to burn, burn it on ammo as .300 ain't cheap.

Jester Gunwerkz
30 November 2017, 15:48
The PWS version is nice, their stuff is well built and heavy. I have a pws 7.5" 556 upper which is awesome.

With that said, .300 was designed to be run DI and using a piston system is pointlessly expensive. A quality DI system will work fine at half the cost.

Look at BCM for good quality .300 pistol uppers, price is around the $650 range.

You can get a complete DSGarms.com pistol upper for $550ish and have no issues either - I had be an 8" DSG .300 barrel that works really well.

Or you can build your own upper for half the above costs if your really into that type of thing. Otherwise I'd recommend getting one of the above and not going with the PWS, even if you have cash to burn, burn it on ammo as .300 ain't cheap.

Great info, voodoo man...I appreciate the input.

Joelski
1 December 2017, 04:55
Echo everything Voodoo said. DI is good to go, BCM and DSG are good to go, and unless you reload, it does get spendy, especially sub-sonic, but man it's fun, and can double as your HD rifle. Plus it just works! Can, or no can, a standard carbine buffer cycles everything I feed mine.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

voodoo_man
1 December 2017, 08:12
Echo everything Voodoo said. DI is good to go, BCM and DSG are good to go, and unless you reload, it does get spendy, especially sub-sonic, but man it's fun, and can double as your HD rifle. Plus it just works! Can, or no can, a standard carbine buffer cycles everything I feed mine.

I run my 8" as a dedicated PDW supersonic gun with 110 barnes TSX/TAC-TX rounds. They are miracle bullets for people and intermediate barrier penetration for 100y and below. Basically the CQB stick everyone wanted for the last ten years, no can needed.

Joelski
1 December 2017, 13:58
I run my 8" as a dedicated PDW supersonic gun with 110 barnes TSX/TAC-TX rounds. They are miracle bullets for people and intermediate barrier penetration for 100y and below. Basically the CQB stick everyone wanted for the last ten years, no can needed.

Thanks, I'll try some out. We're doing some testing with various barriers, doors, appliances, etc.. Should provide some interesting results.

Even though I have a committed 10.5" lower, I still want to do a honeybadger style PDW upper. The good thing is I have a few built lowers to stamp up, but if I knew this back then, I'd have definitely went 8" on the barrel.

voodoo_man
1 December 2017, 16:17
Thanks, I'll try some out. We're doing some testing with various barriers, doors, appliances, etc.. Should provide some interesting results.

Even though I have a committed 10.5" lower, I still want to do a honeybadger style PDW upper. The good thing is I have a few built lowers to stamp up, but if I knew this back then, I'd have definitely went 8" on the barrel.

If you would be so kind as to post your results, I'd be interested in comparing them against my experience.

Joelski
1 December 2017, 19:38
No time frame yet, but will do.