PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Cycling for Break-in? Anyone here tried this?

FortTom
9 December 2017, 13:06
Ran across this in my email. Anyone else here ever tried this? Author claims they've cured every new Glock with FTE's/FTF's by breaking in Glocks with this method: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/break-in-your-glock-with-inverted-racking.1683965/?utm_source=sendy&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email%20newsletter&utm_campaign=2017-12-03

FT[:D]

gatordev
9 December 2017, 13:46
So...what problem is he solving? Because this just hasn't been an issue for me when the gun cycles.

FortTom
9 December 2017, 14:17
So...what problem is he solving? Because this just hasn't been an issue for me when the gun cycles.
I think he's claiming a quicker and smoother break-in of the pistol. I've never done anything special to break-in a Glock other than run a couple of hundred rounds through it, myself. I did, however, just have a friend have a little problem getting a new one running right, and he said he just cycled the slide about 200 times by hand to get it to settle in.

Stone
10 December 2017, 10:24
I suppose its no different than charging a new AR15 build a hundred times. It allows the parts to get into their eventual position. Is it necessary on a Glock or a pistol in general? I suppose that's for the individual to discover. I just shot the dog piss out of my Glock when I got it, and I still do.

MoxyDave
10 December 2017, 11:03
He's basically doing the recoil guide rod spring test. I'd say it's more likely that this just proves you have a good spring and little else.

FortTom
11 December 2017, 06:55
He's basically doing the recoil guide rod spring test. I'd say it's more likely that this just proves you have a good spring and little else.

It seems, from the responses, that there might no be too much to his method. I couldn't find much about his claims, but was still curious as to whether this was "common knowledge", and I had been doing things wrong over the years.

FT[:D]