PDA

View Full Version : Magwell options for G19

mustangfreek
13 December 2017, 14:50
Been wanting to try out a magwell for a while on the edc g19. Not for looks or cool points but what fits the best and is useful. Woman wants some ideas for bday/Xmas andmy lust is stupid, so a small thing or 2 is all I’mgivingher for ideas..times are tough..anyways..

I like the minimalist approach to this for carrying and the 2 that have my attention most are the agency arms or slr magwell.

I don’t like the ones with a screw popping out, as my grip is already a hair big on the g19 and a little more room and a “shelf” for my pinky I think would really help.. That or I’m gonna throw this in the corner and grab a m&p 2.0..grip feels better..wish I hadn’t sold off my only m&p..

Pics are helpful as I’ve never been able to see/play with any in hand.. No stores or friends close by that have anything to finger bang..

Battle Cock
13 December 2017, 14:53
Been wanting to try out a magwell for a while on the edc g19. Not for looks or cool points but what fits the best and is useful. Woman wants some ideas for bday/Xmas andmy lust is stupid, so a small thing or 2 is all I’mgivingher for ideas..times are tough..anyways..

I like the minimalist approach to this for carrying and the 2 that have my attention most are the agency arms or slr magwell.

I don’t like the ones with a screw popping out, as my grip is already a hair big on the g19 and a little more room and a “shelf” for my pinky I think would really help.. That or I’m gonna throw this in the corner and grab a m&p 2.0..grip feels better..wish I hadn’t sold off my only m&p..

Pics are helpful as I’ve never been able to see/play with any in hand.. No stores or friends close by that have anything to finger bang..

Between the SLR and the Agency I’d go with the Agency. The main reason being the way they affix. The Agency has a lip to lock onto the front of the frame whereas the SLR does not, and therefore requires a screw with a head to create tension and hold it in place.

That does not necessarily hold on 17 magwells though. (In case anyone else is referencing this post for those options)

mustangfreek
15 December 2017, 00:12
thanks for the info.BC

I knew the agency , sort of tucked into the front lip, wasn't aware the slr didn't.

the agency one seems to lock in the best then?

UWone77
15 December 2017, 00:21
Velocity aka Killer Innovations is worth checking out.

If you want something cheap, Magpul has their G19 versions out.

Personally, I haven't used many magwells on G19's, mainly ALG ones for G17's, but I do own a couple of SLR's and they seem to work fine.

mustangfreek
15 December 2017, 00:44
Velocity aka Killer Innovations is worth checking out.

If you want something cheap, Magpul has their G19 versions out.

Personally, I haven't used many magwells on G19's, mainly ALG ones for G17's, but I do own a couple of SLR's and they seem to work fine.

Those slr ones do look good.I hear ya on the magpul ones, fondled one the other day at the store..not to impressed

Ill check those other ones out.

Just want to try one. my pinky is halfway off and curious more or less how it is with one. but want it on the solid side..

tact
15 December 2017, 04:30
The Freya from Raven Concealment is nice....but pricey.

mustangfreek
16 December 2017, 04:10
While I know a couple here have them and we’re sorta on track..how much does the front lip help? As in grip, does it make any difference?

voodoo_man
16 December 2017, 10:32
I have several different types of magwells. Waiting on the Magpul types to come in.

I think I'll do a short write up on them once I get the Magpul versions.

So far the zev pro plus is best feeling

mustangfreek
18 December 2017, 14:12
Cool..