PDA

View Full Version : Making a custom Glock

Tlaloc
14 December 2017, 16:26
I've worked on putting a couple ARs together, but nothing overlay complex. Is customizing a Glock 19 as plug and play as an AR? I've seen some slides, triggers and barrels that I'd like to experiment with.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

UWone77
14 December 2017, 17:13
What exactly do you want to do with your Glock?

Build one from scratch?

Or just put together a frame, and then find a slide to assemble.

Tlaloc
14 December 2017, 20:56
What exactly do you want to do with your Glock?

Build one from scratch?

Or just put together a frame, and then find a slide to assemble.Im thinking on it being a range toy. I was planning on buying an used Glock 19 an then start upgrading it.Id like to do barrel, trigger and slide.

mustangfreek
15 December 2017, 00:26
Easier then ar's imo..I guess it starts with what you want to do with it.. could buy a 80% kit with a built slide on top, or pick up a oem glock lower for under a bill..and build it that way , so many options for slides, barrels, triggers..etc.. How much u want to spend is the better question maybe.

Theres so many ways to go about it..

Tlaloc
17 December 2017, 15:27
Some of those 80 lowers are pretty neat. Unfortunately I don't have a drill milk or the experience using one.

UWone77
17 December 2017, 15:47
I've got a $300 Glock Build going on right now.

$55 PD Trade in Glock 17 Frame
$50 Frame Parts Kit
$165 Brownells Slide
$30 of Slide parts

Parts I already had on hand from pull offs from other guns:

Factory Barrel
ZEV Sights
Several Slide parts

Glocks for the most part are easy to assemble, but I say that reluctantly, because people do fuck shit up all the time. I mean look at the guys that install AR parts upside down, sideways, backwards, ect.

FortTom
17 December 2017, 16:41
Buy THIS book... The complete Glock Reference Guide, 4th ed., Lone Wolf Distributors. Step by step for all models through G43. Basically the difficulty is steeped in your mechanical abilities. It's not rocket science, but I know folks that can't assemble/disassemble a ball point pen, so the best person to ask about difficulty is yourself, in this case.

If you have at least average basic mechanical skills and you follow through with this book, then you'll probably find it not too difficult, if not easy.

FT

gatordev
18 December 2017, 06:51
$165 Brownells Slide

I wish they made those for a Gen 4. I'd like to have a secondary upper with an RMR, but all I can find lately is $300 Glock slides, which is more than i care to spend.

Joelski
18 December 2017, 08:16
I wish they made those for a Gen 4. I'd like to have a secondary upper with an RMR, but all I can find lately is $300 Glock slides, which is more than i care to spend.Sh'yeah! Damn near the price of the whole gun! I'd like to see one for the P30 & VP lines, but I can only imagine what HKparts would do to the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

UWone77
18 December 2017, 08:49
I wish they made those for a Gen 4. I'd like to have a secondary upper with an RMR, but all I can find lately is $300 Glock slides, which is more than i care to spend.

Seems like anything Gen4 is 3x the price.

Gen3 frame... $55-75
Gen4 Frame $225+

mustangfreek
18 December 2017, 14:10
How is the brownells slide?
Have mixed reviews, no chamfer on top edge tat makes it sharp , some holsters not fitting due to the blockiness of the slide? And finishes all over..

UWone77
19 December 2017, 10:19
How is the brownells slide?
Have mixed reviews, no chamfer on top edge tat makes it sharp , some holsters not fitting due to the blockiness of the slide? And finishes all over..

You get what you pay for.

All those issues are true. You can obviously get a holster made, plenty of guys will do it for a reasonable price on par with current kydex Glock holsters.

If you just want a beater Glock because Gen 3 frames are cheap and you have other left over components like a stock barrel, sights, ect. This might fit the bill.

Tlaloc
11 April 2019, 17:22
Life got busy... Here is where am at.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190412/9d21f5173fbb8630c4ff9e96f196f4c0.jpg

mustangfreek
11 April 2019, 19:11
That turned out really good

Does it run good?

Tlaloc
16 April 2019, 22:32
Yeah! I had a slight hickup with mag release from Suarez tactical. Went to an OEM an we are good.

mustangfreek
16 April 2019, 23:51
Nice, so who’s slide or slide work is that ?

chris1976
9 August 2019, 17:39
Sweet!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Joelski
10 August 2019, 10:00
Looks pretty cool.