PDA

View Full Version : Surefire XH35 1,000 Lumens WeaponLight

GOST
18 December 2017, 10:38

This powerful and versatile XH35 WeaponLight was created to interface with SureFire’s revolutionary MASTERFIRE™ Rapid Deploy Holster. It features a unique bezel with cam slots, and pin slots on both sides of the body, which serve to lock the light into the holster and secure the weapon at an advantageous angle for quick deployment. If the MASTERFIRE holster is manually set to do so, it automatically activates the WeaponLight when the weapon is deployed, saving valuable time in high-stress situations. And because the open-design MASTERFIRE holster interfaces with the WeaponLight instead of the pistol, most railed pistols equipped with an XH35 will fit in this remarkable holster.

As a tactical weapon-mounted light, the XH35 is remarkable on its own. It features a recoilproof LED paired with a precision, undulated reflector to produce our proprietary MaxVision Beam™, a wide, useful wall of light that’s perfect for closer-range engagements and is optimized for your field of vision. Constructed of lightweight but strong aerospace-aluminum body finished with Mil-Spec hard anodizing for superior toughness—and then O-ring and gasket sealed for weatherproofing—this tough-as-nails WeaponLight never needs to be babied.

The XH35 includes two mode selector switches. One for toggling between 1,000 blinding lumens of light to gain a superior advantage in the dark and 300 potent lumens when less light is needed, but there is still the need to engage a threat in low-light conditions. The second switch toggles between continuous light operation and a disorienting strobe mode. Activating the XH35 is achieved via one-finger, ambidextrous switching located at the rear of body. Optional DG grip switches (for pistols), which allow for surgical activation without altering your grip on the weapon at all, are also available. And the versatile XH35 can be easily and securely attached to any pistol or long gun equipped with a Universal or Picatinny rail via its Rail-Lock® system.

For use with the MASTERFIRE holster, the XH35 is a clear choice. But it’s also a great choice for anyone looking for a handgun/long-gun WeaponLight with power and performance to spare for closer-range applications.

High 1,000 lumens / 1.25 hours*
Low 300 lumens / 2.5 hours*
Length 3 .7 inches
Bezel Diameter 1 .25 inches
Weight 4 .8 oz
Batteries 2 CR123A

MSRP $299.00

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/masterfire-weaponlights/xh35-ultra-high-dual-output-weaponlight.html

docsherm
18 December 2017, 12:30
Well, first I have to ask why? That is nuts..... But I will say that the price is REALLY good. So, I may have to get one.

At least I will be able signal the International Space station,..... LOL

UWone77
18 December 2017, 12:56
I just want one so I can holster my 6 Second Mount equipped guns on their Masterfire Holster.

fledge
18 December 2017, 13:06
I wonder if the bump on the body bottom would cover the co-witness height on a rifle at 12 o’clock. This would be a great option on a rifle where I live. Not on a pistol.

mustangfreek
18 December 2017, 14:22
Damn..1000 Watts..

I just want a regular x300...lol

PJD642
18 December 2017, 14:58
And I thought the TLR-1 HL on my pistol was bright enough at 800 lumens....

Wonder if Safariland and others will make duty holsters for this light? The ledge on the bottom looks like it extends further down than the TLR-1 or similar lights.

Default.mp3
18 December 2017, 17:02
FYI, they will be updating the X300U to have 1000 lumens within the next couple of months, or so I've been hearing. Not sure if it'll be a TIR or MV beam.

voodoo_man
18 December 2017, 17:38
$299

LOL

I might still buy one.

Aragorn
18 December 2017, 17:43
What's with the ever increasing lumens? Marketing? Outdoor use?

I've got an old Surefire scout light, can't remember the lumens but I'm pretty sure it's less than 200. In a room with white walls its blinding from behind then gun. 1000 seems like it'd do more harm than good... at least for inside use.

tact
18 December 2017, 20:39
1000 lumens works fine indoors. Blinding white walls? Perhaps you’re doing wrong.

Aragorn
18 December 2017, 20:56
1000 lumens works fine indoors. Blinding white walls? Perhaps you’re doing wrong.

Thanks for that super useful critique. I'm sure every single time I've illuminated a sub 300 lumen light inside (especially with dark adapted eyes) and found it more than adequate I've been in the wrong.

fledge
18 December 2017, 20:58
Yeah, Aragorn, you don’t clear your house at night with bulletproof welding glasses and earpro? That puts the cool in tacticool.

Aragorn
18 December 2017, 21:07
Yeah, Aragorn, you don’t clear your house at night with bulletproof welding glasses and earpro? That puts the cool in tacticool.

I had a KAC trigger guard once, doesn't that make me tacticool?

fledge
18 December 2017, 21:57
I had a KAC trigger guard once, doesn't that make me tacticool?

Only if you modded it as a fidget spinner.

On a serious note, 300 surefire lumens indoors is plenty.

GOST
19 December 2017, 02:04
A 1,000 Lumens isn’t always needed, but also isn’t as bright inside as you would think. I supervise building demolition, and my subordinates work often indoors in pitch black conditions. A lot of the workers are using company issued Olight M3XS flashlights, this flashlight has a max output of 1,200 Lumens. Most walls in our facilities are also painted white. Some of our workers also carry the Surefire 6PX, which is substantially less at 320 Lumens and works fine also. The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size.

ChattanoogaPhil
19 December 2017, 08:01
Considerations of being 'too bright' for indoor use are typically associated with a bright hotspot reflecting off a nearby wall. The XH35 has MaxVision Beam™ that is wide and even absent a hotspot.

A tight hotspot on a 200-300 lumen light is probably just a bright or brighter than XH35 1000 lumen wide MaxVision Beam™ unless pointed at a wall a few inches away.

The MaxVision Beam™ on my 200 lumen Surefire XC1 is very easy on the eyes inside the home. I compared to a Malkoff 80 lumen handheld which has a much brighter and more distracting hotspot inside the home.

https://i.imgur.com/CCJzisQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/xMFtb3c.jpg

UWone77
19 December 2017, 08:42
I still use an old 200 lumen X300. I don't believe in the more lumens is better in every case. When I worked graves for a number of years and cleared many homes/businesses, I found more lumens hitting walls could affect your own vision indoors.

I still recall using 60 lumen incandescent lights

gatordev
19 December 2017, 10:51
The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size.

And night adaptation, if that's important to you.

ChattanoogaPhil
19 December 2017, 11:19
None of the lights we're talking about here will preserve your night (scotopic) vision. For a white light you're talking about very dim down to sub-lumen output or more using red. I don't know a lot of guys using a WML to preserve their night vision.

I've got a Malkoff MD2 multi-mode with a High/Low Bezel switch. 400 lumens down to sub-lumen.

https://i.imgur.com/jtwj7SG.jpg

GOST
19 December 2017, 12:06

Our workers have said that they have not experienced an issue with that. We try to give them the best equipment for their jobs. They are using a similar light setup to my work lights.

Stone
19 December 2017, 14:19

"The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size."

That's funny, because beyond those I don't think there are really any downfalls left.[bash]

urhero
19 December 2017, 14:43
Thanks for that super useful critique. I'm sure every single time I've illuminated a sub 300 lumen light inside (especially with dark adapted eyes) and found it more than adequate I've been in the wrong.More light allows you to take in more information. How is that not a plus? Don't stare into the hot spot while searching. I regularly use a P3X indoors and have never found it to be excessive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GOST
19 December 2017, 15:15
"The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size."

That's funny, because beyond those I don't think there are really any downfalls left.[bash]
And our workers still prefer the increased lumen output to conduct their work, thanks for your input.

Joelski
19 December 2017, 15:34
I don't appreciate a huge amount of difference between 300 and 1,000 lumens Indoors. It's there, but not blinding.

Use your non white light eyelid to preserve night vision.

Fuck off the KAC trigger guard. Took forever to get it, and wtf else are you gonna put on a KAC lower?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GOST
19 December 2017, 15:51
I’m guilty of liking the KAC trigger guard also.

GOST
19 December 2017, 16:00
I don't appreciate a huge amount of difference between 300 and 1,000 lumens Indoors. It's there, but not blinding.

That is about the same that our workers have conveyed to procurement. They said in the smaller rooms that their 1,200 lumen lights were brighter than their 320 lumen lights, but not by as much as the lumen number would suggest. Most picked the increased lumens because of throw and spill.

fledge
19 December 2017, 17:03

Use your non white light eyelid to preserve night vision.

Fuck off the KAC trigger guard. Took forever to get it, and wtf else are you gonna put on a KAC lower?

Hahaha. I have one in use and one in the parts bin. I didn’t even know they were rare when I picked them up.

Joelski
19 December 2017, 17:21
Ole HOARDER McStingyPants with all the KAC guards!!!!

[:D]

ChattanoogaPhil
19 December 2017, 18:41
I've got a P3X. It's usable inside but if you put it on a light colored wall at 5 feet or less it'll be obnoxiously bright.

P3X is only a 1k lumen flashlight for a few seconds. At 2 minutes it's a 600 lumen flashlight. In comparison, my 300 lumen G2X is still a 300 lumen flashlight after an hour. When comparing bang-zoom high output lights like the P3X it's more about how the light is regulated unless you gots new fresh batteries every time you touch the tail cap. It's like my AAA 300 lumen Titan Plus. It's a 150 lumen flashlight in a matter of seconds.

Stone
19 December 2017, 20:17
And our workers still prefer the increased lumen output to conduct their work, thanks for your input.

Sorry man, I thought your quote was from the original post that was about the XH35. I'm friggen brain dead today...

mustangfreek
21 December 2017, 03:30
Ole HOARDER McStingyPants with all the KAC guards!!!!

[:D]

[BD]....If you need another...4 in stock...

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ar-15-combat-trigger-guard-aluminum/

Joelski
21 December 2017, 17:55
[BD]....If you need another...4 in stock...

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ar-15-combat-trigger-guard-aluminum/It's taking me an eternity to finish the one I have, but thanks!