PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK 19X

GOST
31 December 2017, 13:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS39FdElHos&feature=youtu.be

Battle Cock
31 December 2017, 13:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS39FdElHos&feature=youtu.be

I love Glocks. But I don’t even like the idea of this one. But hey, at least they beveled the frame nose to match the slide this time around. [BD]

UWone77
31 December 2017, 13:37
I know a lot of people are already complaining they should have done a 17 slide on a 19 frame instead.

GOST
31 December 2017, 13:42
Probably would have made more sense. I guess this is the civilian version of the MHS?

voodoo_man
31 December 2017, 13:55
I know a lot of people are already complaining they should have done a 17 slide on a 19 frame instead.

Yeah this probably would be a better move.

Currently the 19x is a hard pass.

velocity2006
31 December 2017, 14:29
Exactly, it seems like annually people beg for a full size slide with a 19 frame for carry. Guess Glock got the message mixed up...

GOST
31 December 2017, 14:38
Guessing from the pics is that the 19X is the MHS without the safety. Probably just trying to make some of their money back from not getting the contract.

fledge
31 December 2017, 14:39
I wonder where Glock conducts their Market tests. A 19 with full slide should be obvious, especially for people in mag ban states.

velocity2006
31 December 2017, 14:46
They should have just renamed the MHS and not fucked with it, a Glock 19 with a thumb safety would be more fun to play with than this.

Default.mp3
31 December 2017, 15:15
On one of the P&S Modcasts, one of the panelists stated that one of the reasons they went with a full-sized grip and more compact slide on the FN 509 was for LE duty reasons; the longer grip allowed more ammo and made the gun easier to shoot, given that it gave more area to grip, while the shorter slide helped while minimize discomfort while in vehicles and minimize wear and tear on the vehicles themselves (longer slides will dig into the upholstery), since LEOs tend to spend long periods of time in patrol cars.

Battle Cock
31 December 2017, 15:22

Shhhhhh, they can leave that to me.

I’ve heard some heavier guys complain about slide length for carry comfort, I suppose the 19X could be a comfort solution for people who have that issue but still want a full size grip.
The point about OWB vehicle patrol type carry likely wasn’t a design influence since this was created largely for the MHS, but I could see it having some practical application.

GOST
31 December 2017, 16:26
At least you can say that Glock does minimal changes that would impact the custom market. If Glocks were textured like the M&P M2.0, then the custom market may have took a hit.

Chui
31 December 2017, 16:46
I'd take one with a black WDLC slide: full grip, higher cyclic rate of the 19... what's not to like? 🤷🏽*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJD642
31 December 2017, 21:18
I'd take a full size frame w/ a 19 slide for a duty gun...mimics what I do now, using G17 mags and a grip sleeve on my issued Gen 4 19.

Honestly, though, I'm gonna buy one of these (https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html). A "real" rifle is obviously a better choice, but for a truck gun, the ability to use Glock (or Magpul 27-round) glock mags, plus ghost ring sights, a threaded barrel, take-down portability, adjustable LOP, ambi mag release & charging handle, a rail for a RDS, etc., makes this an ideal gun for me to stow in the little storage area in the rear of the Jeep. It'd fit great in a backpack for low profile bug outs also...

VIPER 237
1 January 2018, 12:15
Shorter slide keeps the oal down when using a suppressor or comp. other than that I can’t think of a reason why

Chui
1 January 2018, 12:56
Shorter slide keeps the oal down when using a suppressor or comp. other than that I can’t think of a reason why

It will cycle faster.

UWone77
2 January 2018, 08:37
https://www.full30.com/video/1b908493c8de1784af3a1a7d88ac1984?utm_source=system&utm_medium=email&utm_content=sootch00&utm_campaign=subscribers

SINNER
2 January 2018, 08:42
Watching all the Glock nutswingers trying to justify another joke of a "release" on Facebook has been priceless.

FortTom
2 January 2018, 19:45
Watching all the Glock nutswingers trying to justify another joke of a "release" on Facebook has been priceless.

Hmmmm I don't know, but I wouldn't mind swinging my nuts a little bit and rent one at the range when they become available, to see if there is enough of an "upgrade" to justify one. I hear a lot about how well it balances, and how folks fall in love with them immediately with the ergonomics and accuracy. (Same thing the guy in the video UWone77 posted said).

[:D]

Army203
2 January 2018, 19:56
Its not even really the same pistol the Army wanted. No threaded barrel, doesn't have the slide cut for a red dot optic. Meh..

At least the Gen 5 Glock 34 comes out at the end of the month. Now that is something I would drop cash on.

Stone
2 January 2018, 20:28
Always diggen Sootch's videos, good stuff. I like the upgrades. Currently I only own a 17 Gen4 and have been looking around for another Glock. Did a little research on the G20sf this weekend as a carry pistol for the backwoods but still not sure. Wonder whatever happened to the 17m, thought it might be released to the public. Maybe the 19X is a hybrid carryover...

GOST
3 January 2018, 01:38
MSRP $749
Blue Label $455.40

SINNER
3 January 2018, 04:16
Hmmmm I don't know, but I wouldn't mind swinging my nuts a little bit and rent one at the range when they become available, to see if there is enough of an "upgrade" to justify one. I hear a lot about how well it balances, and how folks fall in love with them immediately with the ergonomics and accuracy. (Same thing the guy in the video UWone77 posted said).

[:D]

Funny that sounds like exactly what I'd expect a Glock fanboi to say. :P

I'm sure once asked how the ergonomics changed by swapping a slide they start sputtering out babble about infoulable reliability and how xxxx carries them and so on.

HAHAHAHA Like I said it's endless entertainment.

Joelski
3 January 2018, 13:19
This is the key to cyclic rate issues.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/Glock%20Pistols/IMG_5342-1_zps802d658b.jpg~original

Stone
3 January 2018, 14:01
Nice!! I need one of those on mine...

Chui
3 January 2018, 15:55
This is the key to cyclic rate issues.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Joelski144/ARs%20and%20Pistols/Glock%20Pistols/IMG_5342-1_zps802d658b.jpg~original

Meh...

Simple physics.

19s cycle faster than 17s. Slide mass.

I simply would like to try one and since they are not likely to pop up in any local funstore rental programs I'll probably bite as I love the 19 but will admit the 17Gen5 feels better in my hand so there are features that are appealing - minus the front lip (and I have a lanyard plug that is less obtrusive).

I find it more than hilarious the anti-Glock sentiment in multiple threads. Not referring to you, btw.

FortTom
4 January 2018, 18:04
.[:D] Deleted: duplicate material.