PDA

View Full Version : TangoDown ARC mags at Brownells.

5pins
28 March 2009, 09:17
TangoDown ARC mags at Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=27228&title=AR-15/M16%20ARC%20MAGAZINE

adrenaline151
28 March 2009, 13:58
I might buy one after reading a "tested past destruction" write up. Lets see a pmag and an ARC mag go through hell side-by-side and see the outcome. Might be a good candidate for use in the extreme duty rifle being built. Or maybe just a backup incase something happens to a pmag.

rob_s
28 March 2009, 14:30
I think these "run over by a truck and still worked" kinds of tests are silly personally. The Pmag would remain my polymer magazine of choice due to price and price alone.

bigcoastie
28 March 2009, 16:40
Just ordered 8 I'll be doing a write up as soon as I get them and will update through continued use.

Army Chief
29 March 2009, 03:47
I too am wondering how the ARC will compete effectively when it would appear to handle the same job -- no better or no worse -- than the PMAGs that we've already got. It is much too soon to form an opinion, of course, but I am also left wondering if the two-piece construction method is really going to prove superior over the long haul. Polymers have come a long way since the early Eatons, Orlites and Thermolds, but the only one that has really won my confidence to this point is the PMAG. Factor in the projected price difference between the two, and the ARC is likely have its work cut out for it.

AC