PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill Machine Suppressor

Calico Jack
15 January 2018, 11:51
I am considering purchasing a YHM light tactical or ultra light tactical suppressor. The .30 cal version. The deceibel reduction is -35. The are $394 Satinless steel and $588 Ti respectively new plus transfer fees. Should I run away from these. This is a want and not a work related necessity.
Thanks for your help

UWone77
15 January 2018, 12:04
YHM makes decent cans for the money. They are generally heavier than the competition, but the price reflects that. You have a host in mind or just want them because you want them?

alamo5000
15 January 2018, 12:07
I am considering purchasing a YHM light tactical or ultra light tactical suppressor. The .30 cal version. The deceibel reduction is -35. The are $394 Satinless steel and $588 Ti respectively new plus transfer fees. Should I run away from these. This is a want and not a work related necessity.
Thanks for your help

What are you going to run it on and for what purpose? I mean things like 'bolt gun' 'AR'...'Precision shooting'...

Yes you want to (and should) suppress but for what purpose (if any)? I for example wanted to shoot more often without pissing off my neighbors...

I will take a look at that can and give my impressions of it. I like to shop and compare even though I don't always have the cash to buy [BD]

Calico Jack
15 January 2018, 12:18
I have a 5.56 and .300 aac AR15 that I want to shoot suppressed. The only reason would be having one. I don't have a need for one.

Former11B
15 January 2018, 13:10
The new ones (Turbo 5.56 and Nitro 7.62) are awesome. Great size and suppression at a very reasonable price

I also like how the mounts contain the moving pieces/parts. You’ll never have to Send the suppressor in for latch work

ChattanoogaPhil
15 January 2018, 15:21
YHM are good folks to do business with. 7 years ago I purchased one of their rimfire cans. After about 25k rounds the aluminum baffle was toast. They replaced the baffle and returned it free of charge.