PDA

View Full Version : Pre SHOT show hype?

Stone
16 January 2018, 18:45
Anybody got anything they are interested in this year? What's out there, and what's coming down the pipe? I'm eyeballing the Sig P365 for the wife but would like to see a little more about it and get one in hand before I buy...

UWone77
16 January 2018, 18:59
Haven't seen anything that so far gets me excited.

However, I want to see how that 11.5" Non-SBR from Franklin Armory works.

Former11B
16 January 2018, 19:17

Me too. I have a feeling it’s gonna twist some knickers

fledge
16 January 2018, 19:19
The mystery of the FA SBR! Haha

Clint Walker says ZRODelta is releasing a game changer. We’ll see. They just acquired all of War Sport and their machining capability. Should be interesting stuff from them.

Lantac has been dumping new product announcements all week.

I’m curious about L2D’s new trigger.

voodoo_man
16 January 2018, 19:29
I want to know what optic vortex is releasing.

VIPER 237
16 January 2018, 19:38
Im excited because I’m attending media day for the first time ever. The only thing that I’m anxious to get my hand on is the Skeli X11.

If anyone wants me to take a look at anything in particular let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

alamo5000
16 January 2018, 19:48

They have everyone on the internet guessing.

I found this online... who knows what it is... but it was filed August 29, 2017

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=%22franklin+armory%22&OS=

Former11B
16 January 2018, 20:11
Wonder if SilencerCo will even bother with a booth. 23 people just let go and the Chimera isn’t worth showing off.

Tyrannosaur
17 January 2018, 04:22
All I care about this year is Nightforce NX8 if anyone going could give their opinion on how they like it in real life that would be great. I'm in NY so getting excited is not worth it

Stone
17 January 2018, 05:08
Im excited because I’m attending media day for the first time ever. The only thing that I’m anxious to get my hand on is the Skeli X11.

If anyone wants me to take a look at anything in particular let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

That would be awesome. Check out the Nightforce NX8 and the Sig 365 if you get a chance. An unbiased opinion would be great. I wonder what size the red dot is on the NX8? It doesn't say in the description...

voodoo_man
17 January 2018, 06:25
All I care about this year is Nightforce NX8 if anyone going could give their opinion on how they like it in real life that would be great. I'm in NY so getting excited is not worth it

waiting patiently on mine to arrive...

gatordev
17 January 2018, 07:40
I wonder what size the red dot is on the NX8? It doesn't say in the description...

Judging by the NF literature and reticle diagrams, it's a 6 moa circle/dot.

My big question on either scope is what does the reticle look like at 8x with the illumination turned off. Is there a big black donut in the middle of everything like the MK6?

Like voodoo, I'm patiently waiting on mine.

SINNER
17 January 2018, 11:16
The reticles are MIL not MOA.

Joelski
17 January 2018, 13:11
The mystery of the FA SBR! Haha

Clint Walker says ZRODelta is releasing a game changer. We’ll see. They just acquired all of War Sport and their machining capability. Should be interesting stuff from them.

Lantac has been dumping new product announcements all week.

I’m curious about L2D’s new trigger.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/data/attachments/96/96545-56ec44a73e82c74776addc5ade5955e1.jpg

VIPER 237
17 January 2018, 17:48
That would be awesome. Check out the Nightforce NX8 and the Sig 365 if you get a chance. An unbiased opinion would be great. I wonder what size the red dot is on the NX8? It doesn't say in the description...

Yeah I’ll def try to get a few rounds through the p365.

gatordev
17 January 2018, 18:55
The reticles are MIL not MOA.

The NX8 is either. The ATACR is mil. And looking at them from the NF literature, you can measure out the donut to be 6 MOA.

Joelski
17 January 2018, 19:33
I gotta say the Joy has me intrigued.

Battle Cock
18 January 2018, 20:41
For those of you actually going, here’s some showpieces Axlnut (KM3 Solutions) and I whipped up for the Statement Defense booth. (2860)

They’ll be a little more built up than this, but you get the idea.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/882331aacfa823bf01c46361b1253345.jpg

UWone77
18 January 2018, 20:45
I love that hybrid cut.

Once my wallet recovers from the NF optics, I need to get another frame done.

Stone
19 January 2018, 20:01
Is that an "X" pattern on the blue one?

UWone77
19 January 2018, 21:14
Can't confirm any of this myself...

Considered a pattern rather than rifling.

Battle Cock
19 January 2018, 21:17

That still doesn’t explain the altered upper receiver geometry.

Battle Cock
20 January 2018, 06:08
Is that an "X" pattern on the blue one?

It’s my newest texture, Noir. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180120/ecac247ea3f669dc2d57c151dfbeef83.jpg

voodoo_man
20 January 2018, 11:05
For those of you actually going, here’s some showpieces Axlnut (KM3 Solutions) and I whipped up for the Statement Defense booth. (2860)

They’ll be a little more built up than this, but you get the idea.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/882331aacfa823bf01c46361b1253345.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cYanmPn.gif

SINNER
21 January 2018, 10:15

I figured it had something to do with the rifling.

That still doesn’t explain the altered upper receiver geometry.

Not sure that’s anything more than aesthetics. If you look at their .308 Upper’s they have the same styling cues.

mustangfreek
21 January 2018, 20:39
I don’t think anything is up with the upper besides the barrel..

If it irons out I’m assuming all kinds of “stuff” in the same realm to come out..

Thompson
21 January 2018, 21:31
Hoping to see glimpses of the G11 at the HatesKustomers booth ... I keed.

That not-an-SBR thingy from Franklin Armory (moreover how the hell it works).

I'm kinda not really interested in seeing that bullpup shotgun from IWI.

UWone77
22 January 2018, 16:24
I want to know more about the Aero Cans

VIPER 237
22 January 2018, 20:21
Today was fun. This will be a really short overview.

Sadly Sig was not at the industry range day so I was not able to fire the P365.

Tavor shotgun is amazing, and mrsp at $1299 I think they’ll sell more than they can make, recoil was light. The geissele rem 700 and APC9 triggers are excellent, and the mk16 hand guard is a winner, im hoping they’ll sell it separately which the sale manager hinted at. I wasn’t impressd with the Hudson handgun, and the Glock 19x and Archon handgun surprised me with how much I liked to shoot them. The new OSS suppressors beat everything, there is zero blowback, and tone was similar to the surefire’s that were in the geissele booth next door. And EVERYONE has a 6.5 creedmoor.

alamo5000
22 January 2018, 21:06
The new OSS suppressors beat everything, there is zero blowback, and tone was similar to the surefire’s that were in the geissele booth next door.

Beat everything as in how? Quieter? Just less gas face? Aside from the blowback (or lack of it) what left you going 'wow' about those cans?

UWone77
23 January 2018, 07:49
Also wondering about this..

Big_Tom
23 January 2018, 09:30
Today was fun. This will be a really short overview.

Sadly Sig was not at the industry range day so I was not able to fire the P365.

Im not there but according to Sig's IG they were?

I'm sure it's chaos at media day. And thanks for the run down.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

Army203
23 January 2018, 09:49

So, it has straight rifling and will apparently hold about 4MOA at 50 yards. So its junk at this point IMHO. Its going to be about 2kish. I will get on the NOPE train to NOPESVille with that.

SINNER
23 January 2018, 10:04
So, it has straight rifling and will apparently hold about 4MOA at 50 yards. So its junk at this point IMHO. Its going to be about 2kish. I will get on the NOPE train to NOPESVille with that.

LMAO shotgun slugs group better from a smoothbore.

Battle Cock
23 January 2018, 10:07

I’d hoped that it would be some sort of innovation. But that’s not worth the hype.

Thompson
23 January 2018, 13:14
Tavor shotgun is amazing, and mrsp at $1299 I think they’ll sell more than they can make, recoil was light.
Too bad the SAR and X95 didn't start at that MSRP. Would have made a killing and control the entire bullpup market.

#innovation #tactical #nextgen #technology #fucktheatf #allhype

I’d hoped that it would be some sort of innovation. But that’s not worth the hype.
Lol - but isn't that the business model for a decent chunk of this industry?

UWone77
23 January 2018, 13:32

Sig hosted their own Range Day.

Stone
23 January 2018, 14:24

I don't see the .999 Fine silver stamp on there...[BD]

fledge
23 January 2018, 18:12
I don't see the .999 Fine silver stamp on there...[BD]

Hahaha

Anyone have impressions of the ZRODelta modular handgun yet?

fledge
23 January 2018, 18:56
https://i.imgur.com/OcoXRek.jpg

ETA: 6-8 weeks

VIPER 237
24 January 2018, 09:05
Sig has their own separate event from the industry day. I had a chance to fondle the P365 though and wow i believe it’s going to be a winner.

Stone
25 January 2018, 07:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6jImgKv-c

KW900A
25 January 2018, 08:39
There is a lot more innovation and news posted in this thread than there is on social media. All I’m seeing is insatfamous people posting selfies, with a product here and there.

GOST
25 January 2018, 12:01

BAD’s IG video of how it works looked good.

VIPER 237
25 January 2018, 12:32
Beat everything as in how? Quieter? Just less gas face? Aside from the blowback (or lack of it) what left you going 'wow' about those cans?

Sorry I missed this. The morning system is better engineered (similar to the taper system Q uses) and prevents your can being carbon welded on, there was zero gas to the face with multiple rifles I shot including an ak, which as a lefty is huge! The can is LH threaded on so you won’t accidentally unscrew your MD. Hk uses it on their CSASS rifle and they say poi shift and return is as good as they’ve seen.

Aragorn
25 January 2018, 13:24

BAD’s IG video of how it works looked good.

??? What's special? I don't have IG so can't see the video. Is it like a better version of a Geissele or Raptor?

fledge
25 January 2018, 14:47
??? What's special? I don't have IG so can't see the video. Is it like a better version of a Geissele or Raptor?

https://i.imgur.com/MjVSlwk.jpg

In the video, the head and latches of the CH are all one piece that appears attached to the shaft via springs. Better? My concern is the attachment and over-complication for durability and debris. Based on the video, I’m skeptical. No pics of the mechanism’s innards yet.

Aragorn
25 January 2018, 17:42
Hm. Guess we'll just have to see. I don't see how this is supposed to be better. Or is it just supposed to be different?

UWone77
25 January 2018, 18:02
Dat Charging Handle Debris Doe!

GOST
25 January 2018, 18:49

KW900A
25 January 2018, 19:04
I watched that video too. It is cool, but seems like a lot of moving parts. I’ll be interested to see the price. I expect it’ll be up there.

Former11B
27 January 2018, 17:37
The new OSS suppressors beat everything, there is zero blowback, and tone was similar to the surefire’s that were in the geissele booth next door. And EVERYONE has a 6.5 creedmoor.

OSS has come out with a new Gen every calendar year since their inception, and it goes like this:

“New Generation is better sounding, less expensive, zero blowback!”

Little to nothing is released in terms of published numbers, answered questions, etc

A year goes by.

“We are releasing the next generation of cans which are better sounding, less expensive, zero blowback!”

Little to nothing is put out after initial fanfare

A year goes by....

I have a hard time getting excited about anything they say or produce because of their history

alamo5000
27 January 2018, 19:46
OSS has come out with a new Gen every calendar year since their inception, and it goes like this:

Little to nothing is released in terms of published numbers, answered questions, etc

A year goes by.

“We are releasing the next generation of cans which are better sounding, less expensive, zero blowback!”

A year goes by....

I have a hard time getting excited about anything they say or produce because of their history

I have to concur with this sentiment. While I am far from an expert I think they may be onto something, at least conceptually. That said send something out for independent tests. Let other people play with them and make videos. Damn, just do anything.

I think they might be confused as to what market they are going for. On one hand they are trying to be super secret Navy Seal ninja supplier, but then, they act like they want to market the product to the public. I personally get mixed feelings about them as a company myself. That said conceptually I think they could be opening a whole new can of worms if they keep at it.

Former11B
28 January 2018, 00:30
The ATF classifying their adapter....thing....as an NFA item in and of itself hurt the “quick attach” aspect

voodoo_man
28 January 2018, 02:44

A year goes by.

A year goes by....

Was at a class and two swat dudes running hk416's with OSS cans were in it. We were doing outdoor shoots and they were ok sounding, nothing particularly of note, they were yuge in size though.

When we started doing cqb the two guys had the loudest guns indoors. Most guys were running gemtech and silencerco's.