PDA

View Full Version : Ruger AR 556 MPR

Fergie1911
19 February 2018, 03:48
Has anyone first hand experience with this AR?? I am in the market and really like what they bring to the table. I also like the Saint Edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxer311
13 March 2018, 19:38
I don't have experience with either. Wish I could help.

UWone77
14 March 2018, 00:01
Checking out the specs, what exactly is the appeal of the Ruger MPR?

Jerry R
14 March 2018, 06:02
I looked at Ruger's site, and the specs seem to cover most aftermarket upgrades that people do - (they claim) decent two-stage trigger, MLOK rail, Magpul furniture, decent muzzle device, and I personally like a 1:8 twist. Not a bad looking rifle; but does't come with BUIS (not necessarily a bad thing if you have some you like). Ruger CS has come a long way and is getting better reviews lately.

So ... question is - what street price are you seeing? What are the differences between it and the Saint? Which diff's do you like / don't like?

I have not had an opportunity to fondle one on or off the range, so questions are about all I have other than reading the Ruger specs to you [BD]

Oh, and Welcome to WEVO !

Former11B
15 March 2018, 03:21
I think the Springfield Saint is gimmicky “PROTECT YOUR LEGACY” [crazy]

BoilerUp
15 March 2018, 05:46
I think the Springfield Saint is gimmicky “PROTECT YOUR LEGACY” [crazy]

Well, the marketing is certainly a bit silly, but the rifle itself, especially the version with free float rail, seems reasonable enough. I'm not sure I'd want to give my business to SA right now, though.

Tyrannosaur
15 March 2018, 15:33
Springfield did some underhanded shit to the 2A and it's people. That would influence my decision personally. Why not snag a LWRC Di rifle, they can be had for $1000