PDA

View Full Version : Optics Planet drops “standard capacity” magazines from inventory

Former11B
20 February 2018, 07:00
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/02/robert-farago/optics-planet-stops-sales-high-capacity-magazines/

Only ten round mags and lower

About to be the next Cheaper Than Dirt...

alamo5000
20 February 2018, 08:13
I read the entire article and it seems like they are caught up in Chicago political BS.

It sucks but it leads me to think they should relocate to a better more friendly state.

If it starts to impact their business hopefully they will move.

fledge
20 February 2018, 08:26
Their statement is that Law requires they cannot sell larger magazines in IL. They outright told their customers to buy mags from free states.

I’m not a fan of optics planet but think they deserve a fair hearing before the internet pounces in them. If anything the Internet should pounce on irrational IL laws.

PJD642
20 February 2018, 09:09
Optics Planet has good deals on things now and then...I got my Surefire SOCOM flash hiders for a good $15 each cheaper than anywhere else I could find on-line.

Yeah, it'd be great if they moved to a different state where they didn't have ridiculous laws about magazine capacity, but they did tell folks to buy those elsewhere, and it's not like they were the sole supplier of hi-caps.

The internet knee-jerk reaction of "They suck I'm never buying from them again!" is akin to a single misguided fast food employee doing something stupid like refusing service to a cop, getting fired for it, and people 7 states away saying they'll never eat at that chain again.

FortTom
20 February 2018, 09:28
I think, other than optics, that firearm accessories are a relatively small part of their business, and moving might not be economically feasible.

FT

UWone77
20 February 2018, 09:32
Lots of Derp lately, from Optics Planet to XProducts.

Just goes to remind you guys. Our rights are continuously under attack, and now from some on the Right as well as firearms people. I hope you guys are all continuing to stack it cheap and deep. Don't get caught with your pants down (unless you're FT :o) Mags are cheap, ammo is cheap, lowers are cheap. Don't let the last 10 years give you a false sense that nothing is going to happen.

alamo5000
20 February 2018, 10:05

Just goes to remind you guys. Our rights are continuously under attack, and now from some on the Right as well as firearms people. I hope you guys are all continuing to stack it cheap and deep. Don't get caught with your pants down (unless you're FT :o) Mags are cheap, ammo is cheap, lowers are cheap. Don't let the last 10 years give you a false sense that nothing is going to happen.

Amen.

FortTom
20 February 2018, 13:52
Don't get caught with your pants down (unless you're FT :o)

Fokker! [:D]

Thompson
20 February 2018, 17:01
Optics Planet has good deals on things now and then
The internet knee-jerk reaction of "They suck I'm never buying from them again!" is akin to a single misguided fast food employee doing something stupid like refusing service to a cop, getting fired for it, and people 7 states away saying they'll never eat at that chain again.
This

Curious to see what next will occur.

FortTom
20 February 2018, 17:16
This

Curious to see what next will occur.

I agree, Thompson. Don't panic until it's time to panic. If you live in "our" world, you should already be prepared. [:D] Always.

FT[:D]

UWone77
20 February 2018, 17:48
Optics Planet I don't have as much as an issue with, even if their timing was odd. I don't go to OP to order magazines, I didn't even know they sold them. I think we should (if you choose to) boycott true trash companies like Cheaper than Dirt and CDNN.

KW900A
20 February 2018, 17:59
I didn’t know they sold mags either. I have handed them a fair amount of money over the years for, well, optics.

They had a post on IG earlier today regarding this, but it’s been taken down. The collective internet rationality is akin to the rationality of a toddler.

FortTom
20 February 2018, 18:31
Optics Planet I don't have as much as an issue with, even if their timing was odd. I don't go to OP to order magazines, I didn't even know they sold them. I think we should (if you choose to) boycott true trash companies like Cheaper than Dirt and CDNN.

Plus one. I've gotten some great deals from Optics Planet, on Optics. I believe that their dabbling into AR parts is a very small part of their business. It would be hard for them to defend any dealings with "gun parts", much less their optics business.

Lastly, I would like to say that there is a virus going around the 'net that not only screws up your computer, but also your psyche, vision, and permanent memory. It's UWone77 twerking, exactly like Myle Ciyrus in a G-String. Hope that .125 in. is keeping his booty and it's associated funk can be constrained, doesn't make anyone nauseous thinking about it.[:D]

UWone77
21 February 2018, 15:48
In a big shocker, it appears that Trump has shifted his stance on Firearms.

Again, make sure you're prepared for anything coming down the pipe. I haven't notice a run yet, but I have noticed a few more people at the local shops around here buying mags and lowers.

KW900A
21 February 2018, 16:08
I was suspicious something was coming eventually. I’ve bought a little bit the last few weeks. Ammo, mags and a couple of lowers.

FortTom
21 February 2018, 16:49
I went into a LGS and bought every PMAG they had in stock except 1. Some poor guy was talking to another salesman on the phone as I was checking out, and was asking if they had 10 in stock. Felt bad for him/her, actually.

BoilerUp
21 February 2018, 18:31
In a big shocker, it appears that Trump has shifted his stance on Firearms.

Again, make sure you're prepared for anything coming down the pipe. I haven't notice a run yet, but I have noticed a few more people at the local shops around here buying mags and lowers.

All I've seen him say is: “We are going to be very strong on background checks, and put a very strong emphasis on the mental health of somebody" plus that his administration would look “very strongly at the option for concealed carry at schools". And he appears to be willing to offer up bump stocks. Aren't all of these positions supported by the NRA, too?

UWone77
21 February 2018, 19:18
All I've seen him say is: “We are going to be very strong on background checks, and put a very strong emphasis on the mental health of somebody" plus that his administration would look “very strongly at the option for concealed carry at schools". And he appears to be willing to offer up bump stocks. Aren't all of these positions supported by the NRA, too?

Look how the NRA has failed us in WA State.

I see it differently. Trump appears to be ok with some incremental infringements. Having the ATF rule on bump stocks, and today anything that increases the rate of fire for a semi-auto. He also signaled a willingness to increasing the age to buy a rifle from 18 to 21. We all know "enhanced background" checks is a made up feel good term. Trump is so wishy washy, can you trust anything he says on social issues?

Dems will scream you don't care about the children all through the mid-terms and 2020.

All I'm saying is, just be prepared. I think the last 10 years of "nothing happening" to your gun rights has a chance to change.

KW900A
21 February 2018, 19:27
We all know "enhanced background" checks is a made up feel good term. Trump is so wishy washy, can you trust anything he says on social issues?

All I'm saying is, just be prepared. I think the last 10 years of "nothing happening" to your gun rights has a chance to change.

Bingo

BoilerUp
21 February 2018, 20:05

I see it differently. Trump appears to be ok with some incremental infringements. Having the ATF rule on bump stocks, and today anything that increases the rate of fire for a semi-auto. He also signaled a willingness to increasing the age to buy a rifle from 18 to 21. We all know "enhanced background" checks is a made up feel good term. Trump is so wishy washy, can you trust anything he says on social issues?

Dems will scream you don't care about the children all through the mid-terms and 2020.

I'm with you. He's hard to nail down. Best case is he is successfully redirecting the "we gotta do something" sentiment to things that are generally already in place but broken (background checks).

I am reflecting on the purchases I might want to make over the next year or so to avoid having regrets later. I'm most concerned that WA does something that forces me to have to move out. After living in both Chicago and NY, Washington actually feels like paradise.

fledge
21 February 2018, 20:22
We have to stay in the fight. But I can’t say Trump is doing poorly here until something is implemented. I see him putting options on the table for negotiations. And negotiations is exactly what the public needs to see. That Dems cry when children get security will expose their own version heartlessness.

UWone77
21 February 2018, 20:56
I'm with you. He's hard to nail down. Best case is he is successfully redirecting the "we gotta do something" sentiment to things that are generally already in place but broken (background checks).

I am reflecting on the purchases I might want to make over the next year or so to avoid having regrets later. I'm most concerned that WA does something that forces me to have to move out. After living in both Chicago and NY, Washington actually feels like paradise.

Honestly, this is why since 2015 I've been buying everything on my bucket list as well as magazines with every cent of my disposable income. I don't want to have any regrets when they finally drop the hammer. I see the writing on the wall here. I'd love to stay and retire here. I just don't see it being possible.

I think people forget that Trump was a Democrat until recently. I think he's trying to be Fiscally a Republican, but in his heart for social issues, leans left.

Thompson
21 February 2018, 21:39
I think people forget that Trump was a Democrat until recently. I think he's trying to be Fiscally a Republican, but in his heart for social issues, leans left.
Precisely. This is why I never trusted him in the first place (as much as I wanted to). I'll go so far as to say, I'm not surprised his stances on this is what it is (as shitty as it is).

alamo5000
21 February 2018, 22:17
I am with holding judgement for the time being.

I know from sad experience that NICS sucks. It's a feel good yet sorry ass system. Trying to 'fix it' in it's current form is throwing good money after bad. The very nature of that system and what they have everyone clinging to like it's the Bible sucks.

On some of this other stuff I think there is a shitload of political posturing going on. People had their hands tipped. They were forced into a corner and had to say something.

We will wait and see how this pans out but I think it will happen before mid terms, so relatively fast. Having been in and around politics since I was young makes me think a little differently about things. Not so much the 'what' but rather the 'how'. Basically I can read politics fairly accurately most of the time.

In the end I think we will wind up with a bill before Congress that will have a mixture of stuff in it and naturally the Dems will oppose the measures as presented. It will be like the whole 41P/F thing. Don't get me wrong or think that I am agreeing with any of this stuff... I just know how politicians weasel around to suck up to do things.

The NRA--they suck. I haven't been a member since I was like 14 or something like that. Back when my dad first ran for political office his opponent voted AGAINST allowing concealed carry in Texas on three separate occasions. Back then they had the same 'the sky is gonna fall' argument about that.

The NRA was actually at the time extremely wishy washy on it, in fact behind the scenes trying to defeat concealed carry in Texas. They not only didn't endorse my dad...(who is very 2A like me)... but the NRA backed and actually endorsed and funded my dad's opponent for the House seat.

The guy voted against concealed carry three times and still got the backing, endorsement, and funding of the NRA. The NRA is slimy at best. They are in it for your monthly donations. They are regularly types to hype shit up to get your money, but when it comes down to it, whatever the political climate is, they wet their finger, see which way the political wind is blowing then come down left of center on WHATEVER issue it is.

Ultimately concealed carry overwhelmed the system and got passed, but it certainly wasn't without serious hesitation and even opposition from the NRA. They have been playing that same two faced game for decades.

SINNER
22 February 2018, 05:41
No way he is wavering on gun rights. Even Don Jr. Would distance himself. Slight chance second term but doubtful even then. My guess is he’s doing exactly like DACA. Pin it on Congress and their dysfunctional asses will never get anything done. He knows it will go no where. The bump stocks might become an issue if he allows the ATF to interpret the definition of the law. Even in Florida the attempt to legislate AR’s went down in a landslide loss.

Thompson
22 February 2018, 08:58
The guy voted against concealed carry three times and still got the backing, endorsement, and funding of the NRA. The NRA is slimy at best. They are in it for your monthly donations. They are regularly types to hype shit up to get your money, but when it comes down to it, whatever the political climate is, they wet their finger, see which way the political wind is blowing then come down left of center on WHATEVER issue it is.
This is why the entire board needs to go/die off. We need young blood like Adam Kraut on the board to fix the fuck up that is the NRA.

My guess is he’s doing exactly like DACA. Pin it on Congress and their dysfunctional asses will never get anything done. He knows it will go no where.
Honestly I'm hoping this is the case. Doesn't make any sense that he would actually want to carry through with this - if than for no other reason than reelection purposes.

FortTom
22 February 2018, 13:28

Damn UW, I wouldn't blame the NRA for anything that happens in WA, OR, or CA. They are all so entrenched with solid left wing commies, Moses himself couldn't break that barrier, much less the NRA. Gun owners in those states are at the mercy of slobering left wing nut job politicians. It's the problem that other folks who love living there just have to swallow.

Joelski
22 February 2018, 14:55
We're doing FASTER training here in OH. At this point, you have no idea which, if any of the teachers are armed. I think we need to proliferate this training, and have an SRO in every school. Compare the handful of tragic deaths to the 138,000 souls so far this year who will never what life is thanks to planned parenthood. Defund the exact amount it takes to fund those officers. Other than for criminal reasons, or to save a mother's life, abortion should be illegal. There are people dying to adopt a child. We can accomodate that need domestically instead of people having to go damn near bankrupt to answer a calling to adopt a child. After travelling and bribes and legitimate fees, adoption is out of the reach of the average middle class family, for FFS!

FortTom
22 February 2018, 15:14
We're doing FASTER training here in OH. At this point, you have no idea which, if any of the teachers are armed. I think we need to proliferate this training, and have an SRO in every school. Compare the handful of tragic deaths to the 138,000 souls so far this year who will never what life is thanks to planned parenthood. Defund the exact amount it takes to fund those officers. Other than for criminal reasons, or to save a mother's life, abortion should be illegal. There are people dying to adopt a child. We can accomodate that need domestically instead of people having to go damn near bankrupt to answer a calling to adopt a child. After travelling and bribes and legitimate fees, adoption is out of the reach of the average middle class family, for FFS!

Joelski,

While armed teachers would help, in theory, they are still a reactive alternative. Much mayhem could be done in the 2 or 3 minutes it might take them to get eyes on the criminal, and it's hard to fight a determined scumbag with a Glock, vs. scumbags AR or AK. I think a better solution would be, in addition to the armed teachers, highly trained armed guards would be a major deterrent. I'm not talking mall cops. Spend the tax dollars for decent salary's and hire former spec op's folks, or former S.W.A.T team members to patrol the grounds during all hours that the school is occupied.

FT

Joelski
22 February 2018, 15:28
School Resource Officers here are sworn officers.

fledge
22 February 2018, 15:33
I love the idea of the FASTER program. This is a deterrent as much as anything. We cannot understand the psychology a hardened target places on people who want to be in the headlines. Heck, even having signs up on campus about armed security (even if there is none) is a start. The status quo is currently to advertise no security. Worst possible situation.

I know people on the ground in CA. Lots of gun groups strategically working the hotbed of the leftists. NRA is partnered with them. This is a cultural battle as much as a legal one. Gotta change hearts. Takes a long time to do that. It took 100 years for moral relativism to become the norm, as crazy an idea as it is. It’ll take many years to bring people back to reality.

UWone77
22 February 2018, 16:52
Damn UW, I wouldn't blame the NRA for anything that happens in WA, OR, or CA. They are all so entrenched with solid left wing commies, Moses himself couldn't break that barrier, much less the NRA. Gun owners in those states are at the mercy of slobering left wing nut job politicians. It's the problem that other folks who love living there just have to swallow.

The NRA didn't do shit here when a few state wide initiatives were flooded with misinformation from the left. I get it's more of a national organization, but if they don't help put out fires on the State level, they may not have much of a nation left to fight. 14% of states now restrict magazine capacity.... it's only going to grow.

mustangfreek
22 February 2018, 23:44
I don’t buy crap from optics planet, rarely do I see a must have deal there, but then again I haven’t had the chance to buy much of anything

It sucks, I see a lot at stake and nothing that makes any real sense. Raising the age limit to buy “assault rifles “ will do nothing.

It sucks to live in a state where the want to take away so many rights yet build sites for junkies to “safely “ shoot up...wtf.. Wash. state looks to be the next California in terms of bs laws.

Thompson
23 February 2018, 15:36
Raising the age limit to buy “assault rifles “ will do nothing.
*assault weapons :P

Joelski
24 February 2018, 06:17
It sucks to live in a state where the want to take away so many rights yet build sites for junkies to “safely “ shoot up...wtf.. Wash. state looks to be the next California in terms of bs laws.

It was on the news here that these fuckers get needles from the exchange program and then go sell them (1 syringe for $3 or 2 for $5 and they get up to 500 in a box!), or trade a pack of ten for a fix. We've had 21 O.D.s and 4 deaths from Monday to Friday this week.

Seriously, fuck those people. Yeah it's a shame, nothing helps.

UWone77
28 February 2018, 16:55
Anyone notice a run on products lately? It's definitely been steady.

VIPER 237
28 February 2018, 17:38

Yes cheap AR’s have all but disappeared

Stone
28 February 2018, 17:54

Yep. Was looking to top off my practice ammo stash. Target sports had 99+ cases of the Wolf gold last Tuesday. By Saturday it had 12 left at noon and went OOS by early evening. Its a quiet buy up. I think the smart folks are topping off or are picking up items they really weren't in a hurry to get but are afraid the chance will pass them by. Snagged ammo and some parts for my latest build. Here in Mn. the Dems have gone full retard and are looking to ban AR's, high cap. mags and more. Bunch of douche bags. Who knows, by sept. 2018 many thousands of us Mn. guys will be felons. But in the bill it states "this will not affect law abiding citizens"

[B]Sec. 33. Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 624.7161, is amended by adding a subdivision
to read:

Subd. 4. Ammunition sales. (a) A firearms dealer shall ensure that all ammunition is
displayed behind a checkout counter where the public is not permitted and is offered for
sale only by an employee who is at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by state or
federal law from possessing a firearm. The firearms dealer shall ensure that the person
making the sale requires the buyer:

(1) to provide photographic identification showing the buyer's date of birth; and

(2) to sign a written or electronic document detailing the date of the sale, the name of
the buyer, and the amount of ammunition sold.

(b) A document described under paragraph (a), clause (2), must be retained by the
firearms dealer for at least three years and must at all reasonable times be open to inspection
by any authorized law enforcement agency.

Sec. 34. PERSONS POSSESSING ASSAULT WEAPONS ON EFFECTIVE DATE
OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
Any person who, on March 1, 2018, legally owns or is in possession of an assault weapon
has until September 1, 2018, to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution
under Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) remove the weapon from the state;
(2) surrender the weapon to a law enforcement agency for destruction;
(3) render the weapon permanently inoperable; or
(4) if eligible, register the weapon as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134,
subdivision 5.

EFFECTIVE DATE. This section is effective the day following final enactment.

Sec. 35. PERSONS POSSESSING LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINES ON
EFFECTIVE DATE OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
Any person who, on August 1, 2018, is in possession of a large-capacity magazine has
120 days to do either of the following without being subject to prosecution under Minnesota
Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) permanently alter the magazine so it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds;
(2) remove the large-capacity magazine from the state; or
(3) surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?number=HF3022&version=latest&session_year=2018&session_number=0

Aragorn
28 February 2018, 18:14
Yep. Was looking to top off my practice ammo stash. Target sports had 99+ cases of the Wolf gold last Tuesday. By Saturday it had 12 left at noon and went OOS by early evening. Its a quiet buy up. I think the smart folks are topping off or are picking up items they really weren't in a hurry to get but are afraid the chance will pass them by. Snagged ammo and some parts for my latest build. Here in Mn. the Dems have gone full retard and are looking to ban AR's, high cap. mags and more. Bunch of douche bags. Who knows, by sept. 2018 many thousands of us Mn. guys will be felons. But in the bill it states "this will not affect law abiding citizens"

[B]Sec. 33. Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 624.7161, is amended by adding a subdivision
to read:

Subd. 4. Ammunition sales. (a) A firearms dealer shall ensure that all ammunition is
displayed behind a checkout counter where the public is not permitted and is offered for
sale only by an employee who is at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by state or
federal law from possessing a firearm. The firearms dealer shall ensure that the person
making the sale requires the buyer:

(1) to provide photographic identification showing the buyer's date of birth; and

(2) to sign a written or electronic document detailing the date of the sale, the name of
the buyer, and the amount of ammunition sold.

(b) A document described under paragraph (a), clause (2), must be retained by the
firearms dealer for at least three years and must at all reasonable times be open to inspection
by any authorized law enforcement agency.

Sec. 34. PERSONS POSSESSING ASSAULT WEAPONS ON EFFECTIVE DATE
OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
Any person who, on March 1, 2018, legally owns or is in possession of an assault weapon
has until September 1, 2018, to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution
under Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) remove the weapon from the state;
(2) surrender the weapon to a law enforcement agency for destruction;
(3) render the weapon permanently inoperable; or
(4) if eligible, register the weapon as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134,
subdivision 5.

EFFECTIVE DATE. This section is effective the day following final enactment.

Sec. 35. PERSONS POSSESSING LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINES ON
EFFECTIVE DATE OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
Any person who, on August 1, 2018, is in possession of a large-capacity magazine has
120 days to do either of the following without being subject to prosecution under Minnesota
Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) permanently alter the magazine so it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds;
(2) remove the large-capacity magazine from the state; or
(3) surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?number=HF3022&version=latest&session_year=2018&session_number=0

Wtf? Is that ACTAULLY getting signed into law?

alamo5000
28 February 2018, 18:19

That sucks.

It was just introduced to committee two days ago. So it depends on the legislature there.

GOST
28 February 2018, 18:25
As much as this all sucks, I think it’s a good thing. The recent events have given companies the chance to show who they really are. It’s survival of the fittest, and some are just not fit to survive.

alamo5000
28 February 2018, 18:26

From what it looks like the Republicans are in a majority in the lower House in MN and have a one vote majority in the state Senate there. Democrat Governor.

Whew. Looks crazy.

The anti gunners are out in full force.

alamo5000
28 February 2018, 18:28
As much as this all sucks, I think it’s a good thing. The recent events have given companies the chance to show who they really are. It’s survival of the fittest, and some are just not fit to survive.

Everyone should pray every night that the gun owning public will overwhelm the ballot boxes in the next elections. There are real consequences on the line.

Stone
28 February 2018, 18:30

Exactly! Look at Dicks, I think they want to go out of business. http://www.guns.com/2018/02/28/dicks-adds-rules-for-gun-sales-bans-ars-hi-cap-mags/

Stone
28 February 2018, 18:31
From what it looks like the Republicans are in a majority in the lower House in MN and have a one vote majority in the state Senate there. Democrat Governor.

Whew. Looks crazy.

The anti gunners are out in full force.

True. I doubt it will gain traction but we aren't letting our guard down and will fight this every step of the way.

GOST
28 February 2018, 18:33
Exactly! Look at Dicks, I think they want to go out of business. http://www.guns.com/2018/02/28/dicks-adds-rules-for-gun-sales-bans-ars-hi-cap-mags/

Dicks is just pulling a publicity stunt, I’m pretty sure they stopped selling the good shit a while back.

GOST
28 February 2018, 18:34
Trump may end selling more guns than Obama.

alamo5000
28 February 2018, 18:40
Trump may end selling more guns than Obama.

He's playing with fire.

Stone
28 February 2018, 18:40
Here she is: Representative Linda " I'm an overweight middle aged bitter white women who hasn't been poked since 1972" Slocum

Stone
28 February 2018, 18:42
She is the president of the Feinstein/Pelosi fan club...

GOST
28 February 2018, 18:43
He's playing with fire.

Let him, he’s a one termer now.

Stone
28 February 2018, 18:44
He's playing with fire.

That's a big 10-4! Just a reminder of why we need to stay vigilant regardless of who is in office...

GOST
28 February 2018, 18:45
Cruz was the better candidate.

GOST
28 February 2018, 18:49
It feels like Trump and the NRA think they’re the Russians, giving up ground like they’re fighting the French or the Germans. The outcome of their actions will not yield similar results.

Stone
28 February 2018, 19:29
Trump Stuns Lawmakers With Seeming Embrace of Gun Control Measures

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-stuns-lawmakers-with-seeming-embrace-of-gun-control-measures/ar-BBJI1QI?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Not sure if he is serious or just scratching itching ears.

KW900A
1 March 2018, 02:46
Trump Stuns Lawmakers With Seeming Embrace of Gun Control Measures

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-stuns-lawmakers-with-seeming-embrace-of-gun-control-measures/ar-BBJI1QI?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Not sure if he is serious or just scratching itching ears.

I saw this last night. Not sure WTF is going on right now.

Stone
1 March 2018, 05:51
He is all over the place. Five days ago he said the Democrats wanted to take away our second amendment rights...

UWone77
1 March 2018, 12:44
I don't care what Donald says, I only care what he does. He's obviously talks more than he acts.

Anyhow, I've started to hear some reports of dealers not getting what they want from their distributors, and shipping delays on lowers. Hope you guys stacked that shit 9 feet high!

alamo5000
1 March 2018, 16:44
I have a theory about all this. It's just a guess but who knows.

1) If Donald Trump really does all this stuff and signs off on it he's gonna be finished. On top of being a one termer he will be forever known in the history books of America as Benedict Arnold.
2) There is truly a lot of stuff going on now in the wake of the school shooting.
3) Mid terms are coming up.

It's very possible that Trump is playing hardball politics. With these very real threats out there the gun community is wide awake right now. One could only hope that the gun owning America will show up in full force to the ballot box, and hopefully before then give their lawmakers an earful. The sense of conservative 'safety' going into the mid terms could spell serious trouble long term and even for Trump's agenda.

On another front come 2020 there undoubtedly will be a resurgence in gun control talk going into the Presidential election. Trump might be out trying to protect Trump.

There are multiple angles to this, but if the 2A community steps up and delivers and we ultimately wind up with gun laws favorable to the 2A community Trump could weather the storm.

At the end of the day though guys, this is no time to sit around hoping all goes well.

KW900A
1 March 2018, 17:43
It’s time to get to the keyboard or pencil or whatever you weapon of choice and start contacting lawmakers, if you haven’t already.

FortTom
1 March 2018, 20:40
I have a theory about all this. It's just a guess but who knows.

1) If Donald Trump really does all this stuff and signs off on it he's gonna be finished. On top of being a one termer he will be forever known in the history books of America as Benedict Arnold.
2) There is truly a lot of stuff going on now in the wake of the school shooting.
3) Mid terms are coming up.

It's very possible that Trump is playing hardball politics. With these very real threats out there the gun community is wide awake right now. One could only hope that the gun owning America will show up in full force to the ballot box, and hopefully before then give their lawmakers an earful. The sense of conservative 'safety' going into the mid terms could spell serious trouble long term and even for Trump's agenda.

On another front come 2020 there undoubtedly will be a resurgence in gun control talk going into the Presidential election. Trump might be out trying to protect Trump.

There are multiple angles to this, but if the 2A community steps up and delivers and we ultimately wind up with gun laws favorable to the 2A community Trump could weather the storm.

At the end of the day though guys, this is no time to sit around hoping all goes well.

Too early to panic. Trump really can't do anything with a Republican held house and Senate. He knows that, and, ironically, it's a safety net for him. He has to at least do something to pacify FL, that he does care about gun violence against our children, as we all do. Without winning FL in 2020 he's gone anyway. Now we, the 2A folks are falling into the divide and conquer mode that Obama was so good and the Liberal Dems see that.

Nothing is going to happen in the next two weeks, unless of course there's another school shooting. Take a deep breath and let's pick our battles carefully.

FT;)

SINNER
2 March 2018, 06:06
Playing the libtards like a fiddle. Like with DACA, So amusing to me. There is no way the libtard base will agree with Trump even when he offers more than they want. Now he’s got those imbeciles defending Sessions and Horowitz. When they drop the report showing how bad the Obama admin. broke laws the only thing in memory will be the demtards defending those men. My take but I called it with DACA. Dems owned that fiasco and he just smiled. Love it.

KW900A
2 March 2018, 20:32
http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Bike-helmets-ski-goggles-swept-up-in-gun-control-debate-475710973.html

That escalated quickly

UWone77
2 March 2018, 20:48
If you haven't seen Nick Freitas's speech in the Virginia House of Delegates.

Bomb Dropper.

He's running for US Senate to unseat Tim Kaine There. We need speakers for the 2A like him.

https://www.facebook.com/NickFreitasVA/videos/1575471789187997/?hc_ref=ARRmtQ8CPGUhvAMfsNgBGxSW3-4K7rSEbKyklsFsQqS4mVF1CfKT2YIP-Kw_4b-cKhY&pnref=story.unseen-section

alamo5000
2 March 2018, 21:38

Bomb Dropper.

He's running for US Senate to unseat Tim Kaine There. We need speakers for the 2A like him.

https://www.facebook.com/NickFreitasVA/videos/1575471789187997/?hc_ref=ARRmtQ8CPGUhvAMfsNgBGxSW3-4K7rSEbKyklsFsQqS4mVF1CfKT2YIP-Kw_4b-cKhY&pnref=story.unseen-section

WOW! Shared. Far and wide.

KW900A
3 March 2018, 04:15
Thanks for sharing UW. The meat of that speech was mentioned yesterday by my local news, but I had not heard it. Tim Kaine is, well, now everyone knows Tim Kaine. People in the Richmond area believe he walks on water. I’m hoping he gets unseated.

Our local delegate (republican) has announced he won’t run for re-election after years and years at the seat. There is going to be a cat fight for his seat I’m sure. I live in the typical conservative farming community surrounding a liberal city, but his district is a number of conservative counties.

Link to the article regarding his speech. I like the democratic response. Typical.
http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Tensions-flare-in-Virginia-House-over-gun-debate-475687423.html

BoilerUp
3 March 2018, 07:57
I'd like to see the NRA support an 18-20 year old bringing a lawsuit against Walmart or Dick's for age discrimination for refusing to conduct a legal sale/transaction. While some jurisdictions might not be very helpful to this cause, I believe ultimately the courts would have no choice but to side with those who's constitutionally enumerated rights have been violated. And I watch Law and Order a lot, so I know a thing or two about the law.

UWone77
3 March 2018, 09:40
I'd like to see the NRA support an 18-20 year old bringing a lawsuit against Walmart or Dick's for age discrimination for refusing to conduct a legal sale/transaction. While some jurisdictions might not be very helpful to this cause, I believe ultimately the courts would have no choice but to side with those who's constitutionally enumerated rights have been violated. And I watch Law and Order a lot, so I know a thing or two about the law.

Age discrimination only applies to people 40 and older.

fledge
3 March 2018, 10:00
Age discrimination only applies to people 40 and older.

I think that it only applies because cases were brought and won.

This situation seems ripe for a new case and new law, especially in the era of cake baking.

UWone77
3 March 2018, 10:11
I think that it only applies because cases were brought and won.

This situation seems ripe for a new case and new law, especially in the era of cake baking.

I'm a firm believer in allowing (within reason of course) business owners do business with who they want. You don't want to sell goods to someone under 21? Fine, You don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding? Fine.

Let the market decide if your decisions allow you continue to operate.

alamo5000
3 March 2018, 10:28
I'm a firm believer in allowing (within reason of course) business owners do business with who they want. You don't want to sell goods to someone under 21? Fine, You don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding? Fine.

And that's why your wallet would be a few hundred grand lighter if you were in the cake baking business. LOL

It's screwed up, and I agree with you 100% but it's true.

KW900A
6 March 2018, 16:56

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/20-year-old-sues-Dicks-Walmart-over-new-gun-policies-476060883.html

alamo5000
6 March 2018, 23:09

Bomb Dropper.

Here's another one to listen to.

https://www.facebook.com/GovMattBevin/videos/vb.1499809130318975/1814943618805523/?type=2&theater