PDA

View Full Version : SB Tactical SBA3 Pistol Brace

GOST
9 April 2018, 16:04

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Designed for all platforms capable of accepting a mil-spec carbine receiver extension, the SBA3 is 5-position adjustable, dramatically enhances versatility, and features a minimalist design with an integral, ambidextrous QD sling socket.

Features:

Minimalist design
5-position adjustable
Includes mil-spec carbine receiver extension
Integral, ambidextrous QD sling socket
ATF compliant, US veteran designed and proudly made in the USA
Product includes: brace, mil-spec carbine receiver extension, adjustable nylon strap

MSRP $169.99

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba3/

UWone77
9 April 2018, 17:50
Heh, Braces keep getting better and better.

fledge
9 April 2018, 20:12
I think the Tailhook Gen 2 takes the lead right now. This new offering from SB looks decent though. That strap tho....

UWone77
10 April 2018, 07:45

Calico Jack
12 April 2018, 16:55
Hmm. This could be my alternative to the pdw brace. I was eyeballing used one fleabay but some jabronies who don't know you only bid in the last 45 to 30 seconds of a auction have run the price up to damn near the regular price.

Liberal_Strong
29 April 2018, 13:15
wait..how is this not an sbr from a pistol? my understanding was that for it to be a pistol it would be filed as one and configured with a pistol buffer tube with no telescoping positions.

fledge
29 April 2018, 15:38
wait..how is this not an sbr from a pistol? my understanding was that for it to be a pistol it would be filed as one and configured with a pistol buffer tube with no telescoping positions.

No on all three counts.

But I’ve heard those internet rumors too.

ChattanoogaPhil
29 April 2018, 16:25
For those that haven't read it....

ATF letter. Special attention to the last sentence on page 2.

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdf

Joelski
29 April 2018, 16:57
So, as long as you don't extend the length of pull on a pistol brace, it can be (ocassionally) fired from the shoulder. So, tailhook + rifle buffer tube gives a comfortable LOP for those passions. Add a LAW and you have a nice solution.

UWone77
30 April 2018, 15:05

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdf

This is why for the most part I don't do braces. Yes, I have a couple, but definitely more as place holders until my stamp comes in.

I know that's not an option for all, and I know people want to carry it in their vehicles.... but as advanced braces have become the last few years, I'm actually shocked the ATF even approves these braces as they're 99.9% not used as intended. Just shows you what a joke the NFA is.

fledge
30 April 2018, 15:40
Not just NFA but some hunting laws too.

I can’t take deer with an SBR but it’s perfectly legal with the same upper on pistol lower.

UWone77
30 April 2018, 16:00
Not just NFA but some hunting laws too.

I can’t take deer with an SBR but it’s perfectly legal with the same upper on pistol lower.

I've never hunted so I don't know much about our local/state hunting laws. I have heard a few in passing over the years, a lot of them sound ridiculous. Seems like it's hard to just keep up with the licensing as well as the regulation to even make it enjoyable.

Liberal_Strong
19 May 2018, 07:18

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdfMan what a funny set of rules and laws. With that being said I saw this at the NRAAM and it's pretty neat. Sleek design, compact, usable. The typical out of an armbrace but with the available change of LOP.

ChattanoogaPhil
19 May 2018, 12:17
xxxxxxxxx

ChattanoogaPhil
19 May 2018, 12:18
This is why for the most part I don't do braces. Yes, I have a couple, but definitely more as place holders until my stamp comes in.

I know that's not an option for all, and I know people want to carry it in their vehicles.... but as advanced braces have become the last few years, I'm actually shocked the ATF even approves these braces as they're 99.9% not used as intended. Just shows you what a joke the NFA is.

Yup... like multiple rulings by the ATF clearly stating in no uncertain terms that bump stocks do not meet definitions for regulation. I mean... how do you get more clear and unambiguous than this? " Accordingly, we find that the ‘bump-stock’ is a firearm part and is not regulated as a firearm under Gun Control Act or the National Firearms Act.” http://www.vpc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ATF-bump-fire-letter-2010.pdf

Then one day when it's politically expedient, bump stocks suddenly meet the definition of machinegun. The capriciousness is no less than stunning and equally worrisome.

gatordev
17 August 2018, 17:33
Following up on this. So is the SBA3 "the" brace to get for a pistol lower now? Pulled the trigger on what will become a pistol lower today (no, no, THIS is the last lower I buy), and looking to equip it eventually.

PJD642
18 August 2018, 07:54
I've got one installed on my Sig MPX...far less bulky than the Sig branded brace it came with, and I like the adjustable LOP since I have short arms. It's *almost* as nice on there as a Magpul MOE SL-K stock, without the $200 tax stamp. Waiting on the FDE one to arrive for my AR pistol too.

(also waiting on BUIS to arrive, and the Larue MBT is backordered....)

fledge
18 August 2018, 08:23
SHA3 advertises as capable on any milspec tube. If you want A5, you can have it. I’ve not tested it myself.

PJD642
18 August 2018, 08:36
SHA3 advertises as capable on any milspec tube. If you want A5, you can have it. I’ve not tested it myself.

It has a nice snug fit on both the Vltor and BCM A5 tubes.

rxer311
18 August 2018, 12:37
I just got mine from Rainier Arms. This is the best "not a stock" out there. Might as well be a stock.

UWone77
18 August 2018, 17:36
Following up on this. So is the SBA3 "the" brace to get for a pistol lower now? Pulled the trigger on what will become a pistol lower today (no, no, THIS is the last lower I buy), and looking to equip it eventually.

You know I'm not generally a brace guy, but the SBA3 is basically a stock labeled as a Brace. You'll like it.

gatordev
19 August 2018, 09:11
Thanks. I may grab one shortly, then.