PDA

View Full Version : SR15 with CMT or Radian

tact
23 April 2018, 04:24
I’m going to go the SR15 route but want to see if anyone has mated an ambi-CMT lower or Radian Lower with a SR15 upper. It’s not a huge deal, but checking to see how they line up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

UWone77
23 April 2018, 07:34
If I get a chance, I'll snap a couple of photos with both lowers.

Why not just get a stripped KAC SR15 Lower?

tact
23 April 2018, 13:25
If I get a chance, I'll snap a couple of photos with both lowers.

Why not just get a stripped KAC SR15 Lower?

I appreciate it. I just want a true ambi lower......I’ll be selling the SR15 Lower most likely.

Default.mp3
23 April 2018, 18:11
I appreciate it. I just want a true ambi lower......I’ll be selling the SR15 Lower most likely.Which CMT lower is true ambi? The UHP-15A and the SR-15 Mod 2 lowers both have the same ambi features: mag release, safety, and bolt release. Only the Radian has the right side bolt lock out of those three. I'd wager the LMT MARS-L lower would probably look the most natural for a full ambi lower, since it retains the forged lower aesthetics like the SR-15, unlike the obvious billet aesthetics of the Radians or ADMs.

UWone77
23 April 2018, 19:01
Which CMT lower is true ambi? The UHP-15A and the SR-15 Mod 2 lowers both have the same ambi features: mag release, safety, and bolt release. Only the Radian has the right side bolt lock out of those three. I'd wager the LMT MARS-L lower would probably look the most natural for a full ambi lower, since it retains the forged lower aesthetics like the SR-15, unlike the obvious billet aesthetics of the Radians or ADMs.

I'd argue if you're looking for ambi features, you're probably a lefty and don't need the right side bolt lock.

Then again tact could just be running drills with both hands. I've never thought the right side bolt lock was necessary, but I also think the Radian is the best lower on the market period.

UWone77
23 April 2018, 20:39
Sorry these lowers aren't fully built up. Both waiting for Form 1's

Still get the general idea.

Default.mp3
23 April 2018, 20:56
I'd argue if you're looking for ambi features, you're probably a lefty and don't need the right side bolt lock.

Then again tact could just be running drills with both hands. I've never thought the right side bolt lock was necessary, but I also think the Radian is the best lower on the market period.I would think that in theory, a right side bolt lock would be awesome for a righty, since now you can lock the bolt without breaking the firing grip. All my manipulations are based around my AX556s, so I'm a huge believer in the right side bolt lock, given the amount of malfunction clearances I've had to do (mostly double feeds with Sims, while running away from the cops hunting me down).

Aragorn
24 April 2018, 07:56
That Radian lower looks better with the KAC than I thought it would.

UWone77
24 April 2018, 09:06
I would think that in theory, a right side bolt lock would be awesome for a righty, since now you can lock the bolt without breaking the firing grip. All my manipulations are based around my AX556s, so I'm a huge believer in the right side bolt lock, given the amount of malfunction clearances I've had to do (mostly double feeds with Sims, while running away from the cops hunting me down).

Well the Right hand Bolt Lock is the ADAC feature, which is a Radian exclusive, but I know other lowers have licensed it in the past, like the Rainier Arms Forged ADAC lower. Unless it's licensed in that respect the Radian will have an advantage.

Like I said you'll get no argument from me, the Radian is the best lower on the market.

BoilerUp
24 April 2018, 19:43
FWIW, the Aero Precision ambi lower (forged) uses the Teal Blue Bravo PDQ Ambi bolt release which also gives you right side bolt hold open. The PDQ can be installed on any lower but you have to cut the lower receiver.

tact
24 April 2018, 19:59
Thank you UW.....I greatly appreciate your work and input. Default thank you for your input as well. I must have misread on the CMT, so it’s narrowed down to the Radian and an LWRC.

Joelski
24 April 2018, 20:24
I think you should keep the KAC purebred and build, or buy a Radian for that purpose.

Default.mp3
24 April 2018, 20:28
Well the Right hand Bolt Lock is the ADAC feature, which is a Radian exclusive, but I know other lowers have licensed it in the past, like the Rainier Arms Forged ADAC lower. Unless it's licensed in that respect the Radian will have an advantage.

Like I said you'll get no argument from me, the Radian is the best lower on the market.It's my understanding that you can hit the right side bolt lock without too much too much issue with the other true ambis when using your trigger finger, like the LMT, LWRC, H&K, and ADMs. That being said, yeah, the A-DAC is straight money, since it combines the mag release with the bolt lock, and there's simply almost zero scenarios where you'd want to lock back the bolt, but not want to drop the mag; the ergos are also supposedly way easier to lock the bolt back this way, too, compared to the other true ambi lowers, so I do agree that the AX556s have an edge on the true ambi lower market.