PDA

View Full Version : Heckler and Koch Brings Back the USC

UWone77
25 April 2018, 18:08
Limited Run, I wonder how limited. $1499 MSRP is pretty reasonable though, considering the current options.

https://hk-usa.com/product/limited-production/

SpartyME
25 April 2018, 18:10
If they made a braced pistol version I’d be down

UWone77
25 April 2018, 18:49
If they made a braced pistol version I’d be down

I think Tommybuilt was already talking about offering a brace.

SINNER
25 April 2018, 18:54
No threaded barrel but I would guess most will be SBR’ed anyway. I agree the price isn’t bad for HK.

UWone77
26 April 2018, 09:07
No threaded barrel but I would guess most will be SBR’ed anyway. I agree the price isn’t bad for HK.

The nice thing is, this will bring down the price of conversions, since you had to shell out 2k+ for whatever USC's were left out there.

I might do another USC/UMP and have both the 45 and 9mm versions.

apmcdaniel
27 April 2018, 11:46
Always wanted a USC, but when I was a LEO I just couldn't swing it. But last year I picked up my B&T APC45 - no regrets in having to wait. [emoji41]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/3eef2b210c194f95dea6deb392e33066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joelski
27 April 2018, 12:03
H&K makes some badass stuff, but man, they come up with some pretty fucked up stocks!

LCSO264
27 April 2018, 12:41
H&K makes some badass stuff, but man, they come up with some pretty fucked up stocks!

this stock dates back to the days of the AWB. during the AWB a "non-sporting" or pistol gripped rifle could not be imported. as a result, this stock, and the thumbhole SL8 stock came to be. similarly, during the AWB you could not bring a non-sporting rifle into the country that was capable of greater than 10rnd capacity, so you get the narrow USC mag well and 10 round mag's (different from the UMP and the 25rnd mags), same with the SL8 (goofy 10rnd mags and mag well). Once the molds were made, it became cost prohibitive to alter the design, in a cost vrs benefit point of view. Same reason the USP handgun was never changed to a standard dust rail, vrs the proprietary rail (remember, the USP was the first OEM production handgun to have an integrated dust cover rail/attachment point, picatany rail was not even on the drawing board when the USP was released).

Even though the AWB has passed, there remain various importation limits/limitations for the importation of weapons. the import restrictions are much more restrictive than the laws governing domestic manufacture..... All of the goofy laws and restrictions are what spur'd the clone and conversion market.

Tommy Built is the way to go, absolutely top shelf work.

Joelski
27 April 2018, 14:52
Hah, yep! The SL8 stock was the other one I was thinking of. It's even more butt-ass ugly than this one! Don't get me wrong, I love me some H&K, I just can't stand their furniture. The one exception being the design and texture of the P30/VP series pistols.