PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Industries Bipod

UWone77
2 May 2018, 19:36
https://youtu.be/-eqHrJxTFE8

FortTom
2 May 2018, 22:57
This may be the end of $250 monster contraptions, then again it may fall flat on it's face. I'm guessing a street price of $89.95 plus cost of atlas feet, one wanted them. I might become a test dummy and snag one of these when it's available...[:D] Hope it mounts low, like my Harris does on my LR-10 (with the use of an Arisaka low mount kit for the Harris bipod.

FT[:D]

Slippers
3 May 2018, 06:26
I wish the panning wasn't tied into the cant adjustment. The feet it comes with look like the same ones on my kac bipods (which are great), so shouldn't need to change them unless you want rock claws or spikes.

The direct mlok version is slick but not QD, so the arms version with an ADM lever looks like the way to go.

FortTom
3 May 2018, 06:30
I wonder if they'll make a Keymod version?

ChattanoogaPhil
3 May 2018, 06:41
I think my Magpul Hunter needs one.

FortTom
3 May 2018, 20:21
I wish the panning wasn't tied into the cant adjustment. The feet it comes with look like the same ones on my kac bipods (which are great), so shouldn't need to change them unless you want rock claws or spikes.

The direct mlok version is slick but not QD, so the arms version with an ADM lever looks like the way to go.

I've got a LMT ("Reece like") rifle with a quad rail. Is there a solution you know of that could make it a QD proposition, without creating a big gangly mess? Unfortunately I don't have any MLok hand guards, just the Centurian Quad and the rest are Keymod.

Thanks,

FT

UWone77
3 May 2018, 20:24
I wonder if they'll make a Keymod version?

Heh... I think you know the answer.

FortTom
3 May 2018, 20:40
Heh... I think you know the answer.

Logic says no way. But even as a company that invented MLOK, they could expand their customer base to Keymod users, since it's open for the public to develop on.

FT

SINNER
4 May 2018, 05:45
Figure $200 for a QD version its a decent price but the $109 is deceiving. Not sure what sucks worse, MLok or a pic mount requiring tools.

A few other glaring things I don’t like are the combined pan/tilt as Slippers said, and the concealed locking slots look like a disaster like the Accu-Tac bipods in muddy conditions.

I’m sure I’ll buy one but I don’t see these being a real challenge to the Atlas IMO.

FortTom
4 May 2018, 13:50
Figure $200 for a QD version its a decent price but the $109 is deceiving. Not sure what sucks worse, MLok or a pic mount requiring tools.

A few other glaring things I don’t like are the combined pan/tilt as Slippers said, and the concealed locking slots look like a disaster like the Accu-Tac bipods in muddy conditions.

I’m sure I’ll buy one but I don’t see these being a real challenge to the Atlas IMO.

I don't think Atlas even considers it a real challenge. If they'd change a bit, though, it might have a wider appeal.

Joelski
4 May 2018, 16:11
I don't get the "must have qd" thing. I've never taken a rifle out and wanted to remove the bipod. I can always remove it with a Gerber tool.

UWone77
4 May 2018, 16:57
I don't get the "must have qd" thing. I've never taken a rifle out and wanted to remove the bipod. I can always remove it with a Gerber tool.

I would agree with this.

QD absolutely not necessary. I imagine they will sell a ton. Price point competes with lower end Harris non-QD bipods.

I think the Atlas crowd will still stick with the Atlas.

old11bravo
5 May 2018, 01:29

Only reason I used to prefer the QD was when I could only afford one Atlas to use on several of my rifles.

I have since switched to non-QD bipods that are dedicated to each rifle they reside upon. All GG&G and Atlas branded.

I am beginning to have the same mindset in regards to QD optic mounts. I'd rather just use non-QD mounts with either co-witnessed irons or 45 offset irons for back up.

SINNER
5 May 2018, 01:44
QD is a must on bipods. Almost all my hunting packs use a scabbard and all but a few of my rifle bags are also scabbard style. That and damaging a spigot mount on one of my AI chassis’s convinced me that transport with bipods installed is a pointless risk.

SINNER
5 May 2018, 02:09
Only reason I used to prefer the QD was when I could only afford one Atlas to use on several of my rifles.

I have since switched to non-QD bipods that are dedicated to each rifle they reside upon. All GG&G and Atlas branded.

I am beginning to have the same mindset in regards to QD optic mounts. I'd rather just use non-QD mounts with either co-witnessed irons or 45 offset irons for back up.

I am certain my GG&G was damaged by transport. Piss poor design but it was damaged by being pushed toward the barrel in a soft bag.

Slippers
5 May 2018, 05:10
I'm with sinner. I prefer QD bipods most of the time. The next revision of our Harris mount will be QD.

gatordev
5 May 2018, 07:50
The next revision of our Harris mount will be QD.

You keep teasing us. Looking forward to when you're able to release it.

FortTom
6 May 2018, 21:45
For me, it's not a "must have" but is a handy thing to conveniently pop it off quickly, if you're at the range and want to switch from bipod to a shooting bag, and back and forth. What I am happy with is the low mounting system by Arisaka. It's a world of difference. However, QD would be nice.