PDA

View Full Version : Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector Advice

BoilerUp
3 June 2018, 08:20
I'm in the market for a pair of short throw ambi safety selectors. There are a lot on the market to chose from these days so I'm seeking input. I don't feel like paying $80 a pop, either, unless there is a compelling reason. The only ambi safety I have right now is on my 2A Balios and is from V Seven which I like well enough, but am leaning towards the Radian and also considering the Noveske.

Thoughts?

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Sr5bxvf/0/fe6e0dae/XL/i-Sr5bxvf-XL.jpg

UWone77
3 June 2018, 08:56
Radian Talon hands down.

No screws to back out, no loctite, just some detents for the most secure system.

Also you don't need to have the cut out on the receiver to run it at 45 degrees.

BoilerUp
3 June 2018, 09:43
Radian Talon hands down.

No screws to back out, no loctite, just some detents for the most secure system.

Also you don't need to have the cut out on the receiver to run it at 45 degrees.

Well, that will make for a short thread. [:)]

I just watched an installation video. I didn't realize the cleverness of the design. I'll give one a try.

UWone77
3 June 2018, 09:45
Well, that will make for a short thread. [:)]

I just watched an installation video. I didn't realize the cleverness of the design. I'll give one a try.

Plus Aero Precision started carrying them.

With their 4th of July Sales coming up, I'm sure you can snag one from them for 15-20% off, depending on how good their sale is at the time.

SINNER
3 June 2018, 14:28
Noveske ambi’s are a good option also.

Tyrannosaur
3 June 2018, 19:13
I will agree the radian ambi safety is awesome

Stone
3 June 2018, 19:34
Another vote on the Talon. I have them on every rifle. I prefer the 2 mediums which I can only seem to get from Radians site...

EO3
4 June 2018, 07:54
Radian Talon by far. I've tried I think 3 other brands, and ended up sticking with the talon. Super easy installation, great quality, and also good color variety if you care about that.

fledge
4 June 2018, 08:19
Lanbos sells Talons under $40. If you need more items, the flat rate shipping is offset.

PJD642
4 June 2018, 09:19
Yet another vote for the Radian Talons. After trying one, got 'em for all my rifles. Simple to install and you never have to worry about screws backing out.

Joelski
4 June 2018, 11:02
The talon has my vote as well.

BoilerUp
4 June 2018, 18:56
I ordered a Talon directly from Radian at 9:29PM last night (which was Sunday night). Got a tracking number at 8:53AM this morning.

Naytwan
4 June 2018, 19:25
http://www.seekinsprecision.com/sp-safety-selector-kit-1.html

To late now, lol but I have that one as well as the talon. I like them both.