PDA

View Full Version : Optics feedback appreciated

GriffonSec
31 March 2009, 11:16
I've read (and read and read) several of the Aimpoint vs Eotech threads, here and elsewhere, and I've taken all the information that I could in.

Something I've not seen is reviews, thoughts, impressions of the Trijicon Tri-power or the RX-30 reflex sight (more specifically, in 1x42mm). I know the 1-4 scopes get great feedback, but if I'm going to go that route, I'll wait to see how the IOR switchable 1x/4x does.

So, that said, anyone here familiar or use either Trijicon optic? I've had the chance to handle both while mounted, but haven't fired with either. I liked the chevron in the tri-power, the RX-30 seemed as if it were tinted, but I did like the lower profile of the piece, and acquisition seemed fairly quick to me, considering I'm in uncharted territory with optics as a whole, I've only used iron sights.

Pros-cons-feedback greatly appreciated.

Ryo
3 April 2009, 17:29
I have the Trijicon Accupoint, Aimpoint T-1, Eotech 553.. all good for what they are. I use them for different things.

T-1 for lightness, 553 for usage with a magnifier.

Accupoint, I just got, and it's pretty nice. The reticule is well lit due to the fiber optics.. the reticule style is debatable since everyone may like a different style. I have the yellow triangle while Stickman has a red triangle. I went yellow just to try something different. Read that some color blind people prefer yellow. Haven't tried it as a reflex scope yet to see how accurate it is. I got the 1.25 - 4x version since I got it at a great deal with the LaRue mount. Also have the 2.5 - 10x, but haven't tried it. Any case so far it's a pretty good scope. Don't know how it compares to the IOR or the Millett, etc.