PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

UWone77
8 June 2018, 08:11
I didn't see any details on this other than there would be an announcement on June 11th

GOST
8 June 2018, 08:38
Aimpoint has already pulled it off their site.

ChattanoogaPhil
8 June 2018, 08:48
already pulled...

I was curious about that because another site had claimed to quote from Aimpoint's product page the following.

The Aimpoint® Acro P-1 is developed for use on pistols and other weapon platforms requiring a small enclosed red dot system. It is the only sight in its size category fully tested for shock, vibration, temperature span and other environmental stress.

The Acro P-1 is the smallest enclosed system on the market.

Tested with a minimum of 20,000 rounds on a .40 cal pistol slide, this small optic has proven to lead in ruggedness and reliability in its category. The Acro P-1 can be used as a backup sight for magnifying scopes, personal defense weapons, and any area where a small red dot system is applicable.

And posted these bullet points.

Optimized for pistol and applications which require a low profile red dot system
The only fully enclosed system in its size on the market
Designed for direct integration onto pistol slides
Over 1-year battery operation on position 6 of 10
Battery installation while optic is still mounted on weapon
NVD compatible
Submersible to a depth of 25 m (82 ft)

voodoo_man
8 June 2018, 16:31
I have a t1 2moa on a unity atom slide. It's really hard to see how anything is even remotely better.

Making it 3.5moa instead of 1moa or 2moa is a copy of the popular RMR. If they wanted to make an rmr competitor, they should have made it look similar. It just looks like a block t1/2.

I'll have to see it in person before I make judgment but unless it offers vastly better performance than a t1/2 I'll have to pass.

Only good thing will be the t1/2's will be cheaper.

SINNER
8 June 2018, 16:38
I have a t1 2moa on a unity atom slide. It's really hard to see how anything is even remotely better.

Making it 3.5moa instead of 1moa or 2moa is a copy of the popular RMR. If they wanted to make an rmr competitor, they should have made it look similar. It just looks like a block t1/2.

I'll have to see it in person before I make judgment but unless it offers vastly better performance than a t1/2 I'll have to pass.

Only good thing will be the t1/2's will be cheaper.

Because it’s sized like a RMR and not the abortion of a T2 on a pistol slide.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/06/08/breaking-aimpoint-acro-p-1-red-dot-pistols/

UWone77
8 June 2018, 18:43

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/06/08/breaking-aimpoint-acro-p-1-red-dot-pistols/

Exactly.

This is built for a pistol, not a rifle optic fitted to work on a pistol. However, I wonder if the extra .1 width will affect holsters, or even the fit on a pistol. Or maybe it won't make a bit of difference.

voodoo_man
9 June 2018, 02:13

Right, that's my point...

It's smaller than a t1/2 which is perfectly sized for pistols. I do not like the RMR, even though most optic mounted pistols have them, I think they are lacking in one way or another.

Once I get my hands on one of these I'll do a write up. The T1/2 works because of its size, the RMR works because it has a single glass plane.

SINNER
9 June 2018, 02:27
Exactly.

This is built for a pistol, not a rifle optic fitted to work on a pistol. However, I wonder if the extra .1 width will affect holsters, or even the fit on a pistol. Or maybe it won't make a bit of difference.

Definitely looks larger on a slide.

Right, that's my point...

It's smaller than a t1/2 which is perfectly sized for pistols. I do not like the RMR, even though most optic mounted pistols have them, I think they are lacking in one way or another.

Once I get my hands on one of these I'll do a write up. The T1/2 works because of its size, the RMR works because it has a single glass plane.

Not a big fan of the RMR’s myself. I thought the Docter red dots were superior to the RMR’s I’ve used on handguns.

But one regard that always made me wonder was stating the dot size in MOA. They never State at what distance from the eye they measure it at. With a magnified optic the size is consistent due to the eye relief of the optic. Red dots do not have that built in consistency. Is it a 3.5 MOA dot at a rearward position on a AR or at arms length on a handgun?

ChattanoogaPhil
9 June 2018, 05:19
But one regard that always made me wonder was stating the dot size in MOA. They never State at what distance from the eye they measure it at. With a magnified optic the size is consistent due to the eye relief of the optic. Red dots do not have that built in consistency. Is it a 3.5 MOA dot at a rearward position on a AR or at arms length on a handgun?

With a reflex sight, if the dot was 3.5moa 4 inches from the eye, what would it be at arms length 20 inches from the eye?

voodoo_man
9 June 2018, 07:59
One of the rmr's I have is 1moa. It's nice in that it's very useable at distances for precision and up close.

The 2moa of the t1/2 is the most useable pistol mounted optic I've ever used. It's expensive, but shooting with it makes for the thought of cheating in accuracy.

The smaller the optic the harder to use effectively.

tact
9 June 2018, 08:59
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/e1357b70d87836a463d4188492ad3905.jpg

Battle Cock
9 June 2018, 09:22
The article with the photos and description was hosted on a remarkably clickbait-ish website. Anyone see anything official from aimpoint yet?

It looks like it’s got some potential, and I suppose the “fully enclosed” part was geared toward a specific application, but it does look enough like a brick that you could probably build dollhouse walls with them.

Stone
9 June 2018, 09:57
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/e1357b70d87836a463d4188492ad3905.jpg

All you need is a 12" suppressor on that thing and you will hit super tacticool mall ninja expert status...

Battle Cock
9 June 2018, 10:03
All you need is a 12" suppressor on that thing and you will hit super tacticool mall ninja expert status...

I kinda want to add a rail to my SJC noun on my 26LOL and mount my UH-1 to it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/ff0033839ddd04f81e7d69b026b6dd56.jpg

UWone77
11 June 2018, 10:29
I got the Specs from Recoil web, they also have a short write up.

Battery: 3V lithium battery, CR1225
Battery life: Day time, > 1 year of continuous use at position 6
Window aperture: 0.63 × 0.63 in
Length: 1.2 inches
Width: 1.2 inches
Height: 1.9 inches
Weight: 2.1 ounces (w/battery)
Housing: Anodized Aluminum
Windage/Elevation Adjustment: 1 click = .6 in at 100 yards
Adjustment Range: ±1 yards at 100 yards in windage and elevation
Mount: Integrated keyed surface mount
Temperature range (operation): -49°F to 160°F
Temperature range (storage): -60°F to 160°F

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/official-details-on-aimpoints-new-acro-p-1-sight-138156.html#ixzz5I8fmqLat

ChattanoogaPhil
11 June 2018, 12:03
Sure is compact... half the length of a T1. Reckon Aimpoint got the height/length switched? :P

2oz... that's light.

gatordev
30 December 2019, 08:50
Necro-posting here, but need some help.

Can someone explain to me how an ACRO actually attaches to a slide (or plate)? Since it doesn't have the top-down screws like a RMR, I just don't understand how it attaches or what keeps it there. Specifically for a non-MOS Glock.

I may end up using a RMR-ACRO plate on an already existing slide, but trying to understand the mechanics overall.

Stone
30 December 2019, 10:49
From their site.
"A variety of mounting solutions available

The Acro P-1 can be used on a wide range of weapon platforms in combination with different mounting solutions developed especially for this small red dot optic.

The now available solutions are:

quick detachable mounts for weaver and picaninny rail,
a wide range of different adapter plates for optic ready pistols,
and an adapter plate for Micro interface that allows compatibility with all Micro sights mounting solutions."

My guess is you need to find an adaptor plate for your application... Looks like as is, it will attach to a picatinny rail...

Scroll through the pics and there is a diagram explaining it. https://www.aimpoint.us/product/aimpoint-acro-p-1/

gatordev
30 December 2019, 11:42
I've looked through those before, and other than the RMR adapter plate, there isn't any real explanation of how it attaches for a dedicated cut slide. If there is such a thing. At this point, it looks like just going with a RMR adapter plate is "the" way to do it, either Aimpoints plate (if you can find one) or a third party like Primary Machine. But I'm trying to understand the original mechanics before finally deciding to go that way.

Stone
30 December 2019, 11:48
If I had to guess, a dedicated cut slide could be screwed up from the inside of the slide... But I suppose you would still need an adaptor plate[bash] Why the phuck would they do a picatinny mount system for a pistol???

SINNER
30 December 2019, 11:55
The oblong plate with the Allen screw slides out. You screw that to the slide cut then the ACRO slides onto that plate from the side and gets locked down with that Allen screw. Look at the pic of the right hand side of the optic.

https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-acro-p-1/

gatordev
30 December 2019, 12:10
The oblong plate with the Allen screw slides out. You screw that to the slide cut then the ACRO slides onto that plate from the side and gets locked down with that Allen screw. Look at the pic of the right hand side of the optic.

https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-acro-p-1/

So for a theoretically ACRO-milled slide, there would need to be a raised portion of the slide for it to "grab" onto? Just making sure I'm understanding. Looks like the RMR route is the way to go then. I've just not been able to find any of those plates in stock anywhere.