PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Training Level

zero7one
31 March 2009, 11:39
How would you rate your Firearms Training Level?

Stickman
1 April 2009, 20:46
I consider myself at an expert at nothing, but teach multiple firearm courses, and have developed numerous lesson plans and training events.

ETA- I forgot to add armorer as well on multiple platforms.

rob_s
2 April 2009, 02:59
I clicked on "advanced" based solely on number of classes taken, NOT on ability. :D

I do some very basic drills nights with our local club and am looking to add some NRA instructor certifications as well, but predominately as a service to the club and not as a business venture.

airborneski
2 April 2009, 17:53
Three years Army. Armorer was part of my MOS. Shot weekly. Mostly M-16.
Some SAW, M-60,203,M-2, and Grenade work. I hunt yearly for big game. I guess I would rate myself very experienced with a good knowledge of weapon care and maintenance. Good at stalking. This year I got to test my 300 win mag at over 325 yards on deer. It went right down.

Custom-X_Sponjah
2 April 2009, 20:00
I have formal training under my belt, and am very confident with a variety of firearms. I am looking into becoming NRA Certified so I can teach some Concealed Carry classes. I also have much larger goals which involve investors, and high insurance.

CXS

Cameron
2 April 2009, 20:22
I still can't figure which end the bullets come out of... and this mag wont fit in my pistol!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/camz__2009/Stuff/cidimage0011pt6.jpg

Dutch
2 April 2009, 21:37
I have formal training in instruction, and lesson plan buidling. I have management experieince in running an office of instructors. I also have formal training as an armorer on various weapons up to light machine guns. I have previous experience managing an armory.

ON a good day I can still inspect a FIM-92A (Stinger Missile)

I am not any form of expert by any stretch of my imagination. How about professional student of firearms and munitions.

Dutch

alt154shiver
3 April 2009, 12:05
I have no formal firearms instructor training. I have none the less taught many students in the military the fundamentals of marksmanship, and our SAMI/RSO would often defer to me for periods of instruction. I have planned, coordinated, executed, participated in, played OPFOR in, and managed multiple FoF training evolutions with the primary focus on CQB/MOUT and in my spare time I am an avid shooter of mainly pistol, cabine, and shotgun with a new interest in precision longer range shooting. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and some day I hope to find my soul mate.

tac40
10 April 2009, 07:45
I am in the same mindset as Stick, learn, teach, learn and learn some more.

VR-15
10 April 2009, 09:04
I voted Proficient as I'm still learning and attend as many IDPA match's I can. I want to try some carbine courses. Stick do you just teach to Mil/LEO or civilians also? Would love to take one of your courses and maybe a course in photography [:D]

Jerry R
18 April 2009, 11:37
NRA Certified Instructor in several disciplines, but would certainly not consider myself an expert. Held an FFL for 27 years, reasonably proficient at care and maintenance of firearms. I can take them apart and get them back together with minimal parts left over, but am not a gunsmith. I shoot fairly well for an old guy, my personal best was two prairie dogs with consecutive shots at a laser measured 630 yards in Forsyth, Montana. Really enjoy the shooting sports, and still eager to learn.

zero7one
18 April 2009, 11:42
NRA Certified Instructor in several disciplines, but would certainly not consider myself an expert. Held an FFL for 27 years, reasonably proficient at care and maintenance of firearms. I can take them apart and get them back together with minimal parts left over, but am not a gunsmith. I shoot fairly well for an old guy, my personal best was two prairie dogs with consecutive shots at a laser measured 630 yards in Forsyth, Montana. Really enjoy the shooting sports, and still eager to learn.

Jerry R - Welcome to Weapon Evolution! From your short bio I would say that you have a lot that you can contribute to our little corner of the world. We are glad to have you.

Jerry R
18 April 2009, 12:09
Thanks - much appreciated. You will find that I listen a lot, speak a little. I hope I can contribute.

XCoastie
19 April 2009, 05:55
I choose Proficient because all the training I have has was when I was in the Coast Guard. But have been looking into taking some other courses. I am always looking to learn.

On another note - I think I have even talked the wife into a couple defensive courses (handgun and carbine)

louie
19 April 2009, 21:57
Proficient.

I have attended several firearms courses, and I've assisted teaching firearms courses at my funclub, but I don't shoot nearly enough of a variety of weapons to claim expert on any of 'em. Heck, I don't shoot my own often enough to claim expert with any of 'em![BD]