PDA

View Full Version : Okay, need some opinions

Joelski
11 July 2018, 13:37
So, the honeymoon phase has finally passed and my suppressor introduced me to recoil spring noise that I was previously ear-blind to because of said infatuation with the silent bang only a 300 Blk can make. This noise has components of me ole '72 Penton's girling shocks combined with an asthmatic goose wheezing on a hot, muggy summer day. Sort of a "SKEEE-WONK!!" It's bad. It's bad and it's gotta GO!

So gentlemen, I ask what do you do about the pronounced recoil spring noise? I am hoping to save the JP captured solution for last as it's also likely to be the heaviest, and this is my woods bummin'/creek stompin' gun. Not entirely sure, but I'm pretty confident that a Super 42 will not do a damn bit of good, putting me squarely into the JP solution. I tried white lithium grease per the spec, but it works for a few shots until it cakes into the center of the coils. What do you swear by?

Enjoy at my expense, but please discuss. ;)

Uffdaphil
11 July 2018, 16:09
I don’t think anything will stop it other than the JP. It’s truly awful only with .300BLK subs. But I get used to it.

gatordev
11 July 2018, 16:33
I used to think that starving children in Africa was bad. Or puppy mills where poor puppies don't even have enough room to turn around in their cage. But then I fired my suppressed .300BLK with subs and now I know the true calling that needs to be addressed.

<smiles and stuff>

Slippers
11 July 2018, 17:05
A little grease on the buffer spring and a few thousand cycles will take care of it. [:D]

ChattanoogaPhil
11 July 2018, 18:00
Same noise. To satisfy my curiosity I tried a chrome silicon spring from Damage Industries. No grease... no noise.

Stone
11 July 2018, 18:40
Has anyone tried the Geissele spring shooting suppressed?

BoilerUp
11 July 2018, 19:57
I'm a fan of the JP SCS. Smooth.

Sak007
11 July 2018, 21:32
I run a JP SCS on all my Ar's

schambers
12 July 2018, 03:24
Has anyone tried the Geissele spring shooting suppressed?

I may be wrong but I seem to remember Geissele specifically stating that the Super 42 was not intended for use with suppressed 300 blk. This was put out when the product was originally released and I don't know if things have changed since then.

Joelski
12 July 2018, 04:03
I used to think that starving children in Africa was bad. Or puppy mills where poor puppies don't even have enough room to turn around in their cage. But then I fired my suppressed .300BLK with subs and now I know the true calling that needs to be addressed.

<smiles and stuff>Bahahaha! <truth>

Joelski
12 July 2018, 04:05
I may be wrong but I seem to remember Geissele specifically stating that the Super 42 was not intended for use with suppressed 300 blk. This was put out when the product was originally released and I don't know if things have changed since then.Just saw a video recently and Bill himself was saying that.

Joelski
12 July 2018, 04:07
A little grease on the buffer spring and a few thousand cycles will take care of it. [:D]White lithium grease and approx. 2,700 rounds through it. Like I said, I didn't recognize it so much while the full-on freedom boner was diverting blood from my ears.

Joelski
12 July 2018, 04:10
Same noise. To satisfy my curiosity I tried a chrome silicon spring from Damage Industries. No grease... no noise.I have something similar (JP polished, precision ground, same metal) in my RECCE and it sounds like a dry spring in a metal tube. Not quite sure it'll be as quiet as I want.