PDA

View Full Version : Radical Arms Quality?

FortTom
16 July 2018, 15:23
Does anyone here have any experience with Radical Arms products? Particularly upper assemblies?

Thanks Ahead,

FT[:D]

tact
16 July 2018, 19:07
While I do not own any of their products, there are several threads on the internet that basically arrive at the same conclusion......it’s crap. I believe a thread or two on WEVO exists as well.

Joelski
16 July 2018, 20:05
I had an RA upper and while quite inexpensive, it didn't function any better or worse than say, an Anderson, or PSA of the same price range. You aren't going to be making mile and a half kills with it, but then you aren't going to do that with any 5.,56 setups. I wound up with around 700 rounds through mine before passing it along. It was so cheap, I nearly got all my money back! This is a get what you pay for world, but cheap doesn't necessarily mean crap, so much as not the pinnacle of accuracy/dependability. You want that, you ain't shoppin' in the RA section at the store.

Joelski
16 July 2018, 20:12
A good budget maker that I would easily recommend is Andro Corp Industries. I had an excellent experience with the chief guy, Rob. He built me a 14.5" carbine upper, not available on his site, and even added an SLR Synergy comp over the stock birdcage flash hider it should have come with. Of course, posts like this is why you toss out some random goodness to your buyers, but he didn't have to do that. Also, delivery was extended, comms were good all the way through. The reason for the comp turned out that he was unhappy with the pin/weld job his smith did, so he cut it off and re-did it himself. In the end the wait was worth the result. IMO, you find a company that treats you like that, you give them your repeat business.

BTW: in the time since that sale, Rob has apparently developed a relationship with SLR (Both companies are FL based, I believe), and he's well into higher end builds and clone-like stuff using quality SLR rails and uppers.

Stone
16 July 2018, 20:18
UW is doing a torture test on one of their uppers right now. The thread is around here somewhere...

BoilerUp
16 July 2018, 21:33
If you put a RA upper on a BCM lower I will point and laugh.

Joelski
17 July 2018, 03:58
KAC lower. It's like wearing crew socks with shorts.

FortTom
17 July 2018, 07:38
If you put a RA upper on a BCM lower I will point and laugh.[:D][:D]^^^^

Thanks for all the input, guys.

FT

mustangfreek
19 July 2018, 17:41
If you put a RA upper on a BCM lower I will point and laugh.

Lol...

Not sure if UW has posted pictures or shot it, but he has a thread up about RF

rxer311
19 July 2018, 18:04
We shall soon see...