PDA

View Full Version : Am I hallucinating - I must be

FortTom
20 July 2018, 17:50
I know folks here don't generally like politics in the forum, but I had to do this. The 9th Circuit Court ( the most liberal leftwing anti?-constitution) appeals court in the USA VOTED DOWN California's magazine ban. Your 30 rounders are safe! Their decision (get this), was that it (ban) violated your 2nd Amendment rights...THEY ACKNOWLEDGED A 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHT TO OWN A FIREARM???? I'm thinking I must be delusional, but just read it earlier today..[:D][:D][:D][:D]

FT... O.K. no more political posts.

UWone77
21 July 2018, 09:55
Activists, supported by the National Rifle Association, have argued that the state's ban on ownership of magazines holding 10 bullets or more is unconstitutional. They won a preliminary injunction by a San Diego district court last year, and a three-judge panel on the Ninth Circuit backed that injunction Tuesday.

Good news for the 9th Circuit... as well as Trump getting 7 conservatives to fill the vacancies. I work under the 9th Circuit, so over the last 15 years, they've fucked us hard on policing issues. It'll be a welcome change.

Tyrannosaur
21 July 2018, 13:27
Could be like in NY where they give a small win so it's easier to justify taking more and more. We were limited to 7 rounds then they ruled it "unconstitutional" and now we are allowed to have 10... I hate this bullshit

Joelski
21 July 2018, 15:59
Could be like in NY where they give a small win so it's easier to justify taking more and more. We were limited to 7 rounds then they ruled it "unconstitutional" and now we are allowed to have 10... I hate this bullshit

Ooooh! TEN!! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

WTF??

FortTom
21 July 2018, 16:47
Ooooh! TEN!! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

WTF??

Not all is lost their Jski, they've now set a precedent...other suits will follow.

FT

Deadwing
22 July 2018, 02:14
For a moment, i thought i was reading an article in The Onion when i read they ruled the CA magazine ban unconstitutional.

FortTom
22 July 2018, 11:23
For a moment, i thought i was reading an article in The Onion when i read they ruled the CA magazine ban unconstitutional.

Yeah, I had to re-read it a couple of times myself to see if it was a hoax.

voodoo_man
22 July 2018, 12:56
It's not that farfetched.

I'm no legal eagle, but the 9th knew that if they upheld it and it went to SCOTUS they would reject those arguments completely and that may have opened up a ruling on any banned firearm anything, as it's along the same concept. So the 9th did exactly what we think they are capable of, which is being intellectually corrupted by the left.

alamo5000
24 July 2018, 16:31
Hell must have frozen over.

Could this actually mean Left Coasters could be able to legally conceal carry?

Look at this.

"The liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals endorsed the right of individuals to carry firearms in public in a ruling Tuesday, striking down a lower court argument that the Constitution only protects that right at home."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/24/liberal-9th-circuit-backs-right-to-carry-firearms-in-public-in-latest-pro-2nd-amendment-ruling.html

FortTom
24 July 2018, 16:54
Yeah, I read that today, and only a short while after striking down magazine limits. Just friggin unbelievable.