PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Bipod

ChattanoogaPhil
9 August 2018, 12:16
Looks like they're shipping. Was thinking about putting the M-LOk version on my Rem 700 with Hunter stock.

Opinions?

UWone77
9 August 2018, 13:42
Until they make it out to more hands, I doubt you'll see too many opinions of them.

However, with that said, I'm going to order one sight unseen, because I've generally liked Magpul products as they're usually well made and good cost/benefit ratio.

FortTom
9 August 2018, 17:27
Until they make it out to more hands, I doubt you'll see too many opinions of them.

However, with that said, I'm going to order one sight unseen, because I've generally liked Magpul products as they're usually well made and good cost/benefit ratio.

Let us know how they do. I remember seeing this announcement several months ago. I was going to grab one and serve as a test dummy, but I'll be happy to let you be the dummy[:D]

SINNER
9 August 2018, 19:13
I could only find the one for the ADM mount in stock. And only at Magpul. Any other places actually shipping them?

ChattanoogaPhil
10 August 2018, 11:50

You're just too persuasive.... that and free shipping.

If nothing else it'll give my Remington a break from holding down the safe.

ChattanoogaPhil
16 August 2018, 17:19
Quite a bit different than the Harris 6-9in S-BRM. The Harris was stiff making preload near impossible. Magpul allows significant movement for preload. Also a lot of free pan movement (via legs) even when the pan mechanism is locked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2am7r-fDgLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKG84zFsMi0

ChattanoogaPhil
17 August 2018, 13:04
Now that I can better preload with the Magpul, bipod jump is gone. I really like that. I noticed the Magpul has a wider 8in stance when fully collapsed compared to Harris at 6.5in. Fully extended the Magpul has a stance of about 11.5in wide. Leg adjustment is easy enough to manipulate.

I shot 5rds at 100yds. Three shot .5MOA is about as good as this half blind old man can do. If the Magpul don't break I see no reason to use the Harris.

https://i.imgur.com/hxAYYeU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gR5ZPdH.jpg

UWone77
17 August 2018, 18:45
That looks really good.

I plan on using my MLOK one on my Ruger 10/22 on the Magpul Chassis

Slippers
18 August 2018, 09:00
Very pleased with my magpul bipod, too. I got the arms version so I can try it on a few guns with an ADM QD on top, but I'll pick up an m-lok version to leave on my ruger precision rimfire. I was getting under 1" groups with CCI SV at 100 yards off the bipod and rear bag.

I introduced three kids to shooting with this rig yesterday. All you hear is the click, whizzzzzzz, and plop/ding down range. Too fun!

https://i.imgur.com/l61ah1H.jpg

BoilerUp
19 August 2018, 08:52
If the Magpul don't break I see no reason to use the Harris.

One reason I can think of: KeyMod mount.

Slippers
19 August 2018, 09:03
One reason I can think of: KeyMod mount.

Just use a keymod pic rail with the appropriate Magpul bipod version then.

ChattanoogaPhil
21 August 2018, 11:06
One thing I forgot to mention that I was reminded about elsewhere... Free pan movement via the leg mechanism goes away when preload is applied.

FortTom
21 August 2018, 13:10
That looks really good.

I plan on using my MLOK one on my Ruger 10/22 on the Magpul Chassis
Magpul worshiper!:mad:

UWone77
21 August 2018, 13:42
Magpul worshiper!:mad:

Heh,

I'm definitely not a Magpul worshiper. I don't even tag them on my social media posts. I just find their products cost/benefit usually works for me.

FortTom
21 August 2018, 16:23
Heh,

I'm definitely not a Magpul worshiper. I don't even tag them on my social media posts. I just find their products cost/benefit usually works for me.

Just yanking your chain, UW. Don't you remember that crazy bastard that was on here a VERY short while...called us a bunch of Magpul worshipers, whatever the hell he meant by that. I think that's the only person I've ever seen you ban on this site, and it only took him about 5 posts. I guess it's not funny to have to ban someone, but I had to laugh my ass off on that one, and every now and then when I'm browsing something in the forum and Magpul comes up, I can't help but still chuckle about that.[:D]

FT[:D]

Stone
21 August 2018, 16:51
There was that one other guy who said we all had Gucci rifles. I think UW banned him too...

FortTom
21 August 2018, 17:58
There was that one other guy who said we all had Gucci rifles. I think UW banned him too...
Ha..ha..ha... No, I must have missed that one. Guess there's only so much shit the management will put up with...[:D]

FT

Aragorn
21 August 2018, 20:33
Dux.

Yeah... that guy...

FortTom
21 August 2018, 22:36
Dux.

Yeah... that guy... That's funny. Nobody, well one or two, get's banned here, of course that has a lot to do with how everyone here acts, but very few get banned. You almost have to try to get kicked off the forum. UW, GOST, Jerry, et. al. have to put up with some crap...I've been a member for 5 or 6 years, give or take, and only remember one or maybe two people getting banned in all that time. Usually just clowns getting booted. There was this one dude who was "black ops" for another country, who made his own socks and other insane crap, I think UW or Eric one, finally gave him the boot. But actually, I think the admin's and mod's here have been more than easy going as far as banning people, than any other forum I've ever been on...[:D]

FT

Stone
24 August 2018, 08:24
Dux.

Yeah... that guy...

That's it!! Forgot his name. You really have to piss upstream to get banned here...

ChattanoogaPhil
26 August 2018, 16:08
All this talk about banning people in the thread I started... y'all trying to tell me something?

https://i.imgur.com/FmG5syL.jpg

Stone
26 August 2018, 18:54
Nope. Its like a commercial when your watching TV. We are just chatting until the next relevant post/pic come along.
I got my bipod from DSG yesterday. Its nice! Waiting on my rail section from WC and I will throw up a pic or two. This is my first bipod(in fact I have never used one before) so I have a few stupid questions. Like do you stow the feet forward towards the MD? Or can it go either way?[pop]

alamo5000
26 August 2018, 19:10

I am thinking of eventually getting one of these for my KIDD 10/22. It's not like I don't like Atlas but it is a little much for a plinker[:D]

On the other hand I am not really a big 'tactical training' kind of guy but I do see the benefit to use the Atlas on my 10/22 as well. My thinking would be to set up barriers and a course of fire so to speak that would require me to manipulate my bipod and then just practice with that in rimfire.

It's kind of two sides of the same coin. If I am just plinking around one of these magpul ones might be the right deal. The rifle could wear the magpul bipod all the time. If I decide to do other stuff though the Atlas is all I will need.

This idea has been rolling around in my head for a while so I would be interested in hearing comments from the community.

Stone
30 August 2018, 16:25
Good news is the bipod is nice!

The bad news is I got a lemon... Leg is binding up real bad and is grinding metal off of it.

Called Magpul and got an RMA today...[pop]

FortTom
3 September 2018, 10:55
Wow! That sucks big time! How many times did you have the rifle out before that happened?

FT[:D]

Stone
3 September 2018, 15:13
I didn't even get out of the gate with it! Flipped it open a few times when I got it, mounted it a week later and went to close the legs and it started jamming up on me. No biggie, I still need to pick out a scope for the rifle. Last piece of the puzzle.

ZhouJett
8 September 2018, 17:46
I like it.. get one..